- Rochester: Mayor Releases 4th Episode of State of the City
- City of New Rochelle Announces Soft Launch of New Bike Share & E-Scooter System Operated by VeoRide
- The City of Rochester Announces Implementation Plan for RASE Commission Recommendations
Westchester District Attorney Miriam E. Rocah, FBI Assistant Director in Charge of the New York Office William F. Sweeney, Jr., and New Rochelle Police Commissioner Joseph Schaller today announced a $10,000 reward for information leading to the suspects in a shooting late Saturday night in New Rochelle that killed one man and wounded four others.
The DA's Office and the FBI are each offering a monetary reward of $5,000 – a total of $10,000 -- for information leading to the location, arrest and prosecution of the individual or individuals who opened fire on May 1 near the intersection of Horton Avenue and Brook Street.
The incident remains under investigation by the New Rochelle Police Department (NRPD), the FBI and the DA's Office. The NRPD on Tuesday released a video of a vehicle that the department is trying to identify in connection with the shooting.
"The New Rochelle community is understandably shocked and scared by this brazen shooting and we are working closely with the NRPD and the FBI to identify and apprehend the shooter," DA Rocah said. "We hope that this reward shows law enforcement's commitment to pursue this case, bring forth credible witnesses and help the New Rochelle community feel safer. Gun violence on our streets will not be tolerated by this office and we will work aggressively to bring the people who did this to justice."
More on Nyenta.com
- SmartAsset Raises $110 Million in Series D Funding, Bringing its Valuation to Over $1 Billion
- Colombia's Top Podcasting Platform Podway Obtains Nine (9) Nominations to the Latin Podcast Awards
- SlimCare Medical has announced the New Website Launch
- From Packs To Pitches: Global Lay's® Replay Program Gives Packaging A New Purpose With Sustainable Football Pitches USA - English USA - English
- Rochester: Food Truck Rodeos Return
"As today's announcement demonstrates, we are committed to working with our law enforcement partners to identify and bring to justice the subject or subjects responsible for this reckless act," said Assistant Director Sweeney. "Through the FBI's Westchester Safe Streets Task Force, we will continue to direct all the resources at our disposal to aggressively pursue those who commit gun violence in our communities. Someone knows who did this shooting – we're asking you to help us find them, because we're better together."
"The New Rochelle Police Department is diligently investigating this case and working on a number of leads," Commissioner Schaller said. "Any help we can get from the community is always welcome and greatly appreciated. We are grateful to the FBI and the Westchester County District Attorney for their assistance in this investigation, and their offer of a substantial reward for information that will help us in our efforts to bring this investigation to a successful conclusion."
The 29-year-old murder victim is believed to be a resident of Brooklyn, and was pronounced dead at the scene. A second victim was shot in the back and underwent surgery at an area hospital. The three others sustained non-life-threatening injuries.
Anyone with information can call the Westchester DA's Office at 914-995-TIPS (914-995-8477), NRPD at 914-654-2300 or the FBI at 212-384-1000.
Latest on Nyenta.com
- Dr. Sebi's Daughters Saama & Taiwa Speak Out From Honduras – His Legacy Belongs To Us
- New Reverse Bayonet Connector from Amphenol is Designed to Deliver High Power
- Syxsense Extends Enterprise Integration with Secure API
- CAI International Merger Investigation: Halper Sadeh LLP Announces Investigation Into Whether the Sale of CAI International, Inc. Is Fair to Shareholders; Investors Are Encouraged to Contact the Firm – CAI
- Identity Podcast Authenticity Feat. Denise Dixon
- New York Sports Hall of Fame Relaunches with Historic Content from Comprehensive Digital Archives
- From Berkshire to Hollywood: 1950s Style Seamed Stockings by Retro Lingerie Brand What Katie Did
- Uptime.com Named a Top Performer in G2.com, Inc.'s Summer 2021 Grid® and Index Reports
- Stack Overflow Introduces Collectives™, Brings Developers and Technology Organizations Together to Build Faster Through Community
- Fund Street Technologies Brand Named One of Florida's 'Best Companies To Work For' for the 2nd Time
- RealTrends + Tom Ferry Announce 2021 America's Best Real Estate Professionals List 16th Annual Real Estate Ranking
- LeagueApps Appoints Three New Executives to Management Team
- Autism's Got Talent Announces the 2nd Annual On-Line Talent Fundraiser Competition
- PixelPlex is a Pioneer in the Internet of Things (IoT) Development
- First Participant Dosed in Pfizer's Pivotal Phase 3 TALAPRO-3 Combination Study of Talazoparib and Enzalutamide in Metastatic Castration-Sensitive Prostate Cancer (mCSPC)
- Hepsiburada Announces Launch of Initial Public Offering
- What Is Cobwebs' Cyber Threat Intelligence and How Can It Help Secure Organizations?
- Sprinklr Announces Pricing of Initial Public Offering
- MIT Enterprise Forum of NYC Closes and Donates Cash Reserves
- Top Executive from Under Armour Joins CEO Coaching International®