DATE: May 8, 2020
Ryan Murray, Public Relations Coordinator
Albany, NY – The City of Albany's Virtual Tulip Festival presented by Citizens Bank kicks off tomorrow on Saturday, May 9th at 12 p.m. The virtual event will feature musical performances, Tulip garden tours, local business take out specials, prizes and more. Media sponsors for the event are: WEXT Radio and Albany.com.
Visit Albany Events on YouTube to watch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCyFVLzEQAU&t=8672s
You can also watch on Open Stage Media's Art's channels: Channel 1302 on Spectrum Cable and Channel 37 on Verizon Fios.
"While I join so many of you that are looking forward to getting back to celebrating the annual Tulip Fest the way we are accustom to, I am excited to participate in the first ever virtual Tulip Fest," said Albany Mayor Kathy Sheehan. "I want to thank the Office of Cultural Affairs for their commitment to reinventing this and many other traditional Albany events in light of the COVID-19 outbreak and hope you and your family and friends will virtually join us on May 9th."
More on Nyenta.com
- Whitechapel Holdings, Provides Update on PPE Website Launch
- Anchin Names Russell B. Shinsky as Managing Partner
- fuboTV Announces Launch of Public Offering on New York Stock Exchange
- Global Radiation Dose Management Market Analysis, Key Players and Future Scope
- Facility Management Services in Saudi Arabia to Cross $76,244.9 Million Revenue by 2030: P&S Intelligence English English English
The virtual Tulip Festival will feature musical performances from local talents like Sawyer Fredericks, The Age, Hartley's Encore, Caity Gallagher and many others. City of Albany Gardeners will be taking you on a tour of the Tulip beds complete with their expert knowledge. Local businesses are celebrating the day with take-out specials. Plus Melvin the Magnificent will be putting on a magic show for the kids! The video will premiere on our YouTube Page Albany Events at 12 noon on Saturday, May 9th. You will also be able to find it on our social media channels @AlbanyNYevents! We encourage everyone to watch live and celebrate our community in the live chat.
Virtual Tulip Festival is presented by Citizens Bank, Discover Albany, WEXT Radio and Albany.com! We thank them for their commitment to our community during the ongoing global pandemic.
The 2020 Albany Tulip Queen and Court will be presented at a later date with their own celebration.
On March 23rd, the City of Albany canceled the Washington Park staple in accordance with Centers for Disease Control (CDC) guidance recommending the cancellation of mass gatherings through May 10 due to the COVID-19 outbreak. We hope everyone remains safe and we look forward to seeing you all back in Washington Park in 2021!
More on Nyenta.com
- Global Leader in Dock Scheduling and Yard Management Solutions Hits 160,000 User Milestone
- Diocese of Rockville Centre Files for Chapter 11 to Manage Legal Expenses and Facilitate Settlements with Abuse Survivors
- Defiance ETFs Launches the First SPAC ETF
- SHAREHOLDER ALERT: Pomerantz Law Firm Investigates Claims On Behalf of Investors of Pintec Technology Holdings Limited - PT
- Oil painting of a Japanese girl by David Burliuk (1882-1967) sells for $39,100 at Weiss Auctions
COVID-19 Prevention Reminders:
As a reminder, please visit the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the New York State Department of Health and the Albany County Department of Health for the most recent guidelines regarding COVID-19 precautions and symptoms.
All individuals are urged to continue following social distancing protocols, including staying at home as much as possible, especially if you feel ill but even if you feel well, keeping at least 6 feet from other individuals, avoiding unnecessary appointments, regularly washing hands, covering coughs, avoiding the touching of face, eyes, mouth, nose, and ears, and taking special caution to avoid exposing the elderly and people with underlying health conditions
You will also find a variety of City of Albany-specific COVID-19 response information, including information regarding where to access food or child care, school closures, and how to volunteer, by visiting the City Resource Guide.
Latest on Nyenta.com
- Early Premiere Of Docuseries "Being Niki & Niyah" Breaks Viewing Records
- Identity: The Podcast Fashion Insight: Gender Fluidity featuring Fabiana
- Drop Doubles Down on Personalization in Partnership With Button
- WRTC INVESTOR ALERT: Bernstein Liebhard Reminds Investors of the Deadline to File a Lead Plaintiff Motion in a Securities Class Action Lawsuit Against Wrap Technologies Inc.
- U.S. News & World Report ranks Thiel College as a top regional college in western Pa
- It's time to fulfil promise to the world's poorest – CPDE
- Aura Launches Commission-Based Referral Programme
- PAR Technology Announces Proposed Public Offering of Common Stock
- Qell Acquisition Corp. Announces Pricing of Upsized $330 Million Initial Public Offering
- Creating the Largest Organic Olive Farm in Italy
- Complementary and Alternative Medicines Market Size, Share, Growth Drivers and Future Scope
- Brown Brothers Harriman Joins UN-Supported Principles for Responsible Investment and UN Global Compact
- UnitedLex to Drive Digital Transformation Conversation at The Lawyer's GC Summit
- Galaxy Digital Appoints Damien Vanderwilt as Co-President and Head of Global Markets Rhonda Medina to Board of Managers
- SHAREHOLDER ALERT: Halper Sadeh LLP Continues to Investigate the Following Mergers; Shareholders are Encouraged to Contact the Firm - PRCP, MOBL, WPX, STND
- Voya Financial Announces Adjustment to Exercise Price of Warrants Issued Pursuant to the Warrant Agreement, dated May 7, 2013
- Albany Mayor Kathy Sheehan Cuts Ribbon on Woodlawn Avenue Traffic Calming Project
- Albany: REGISTRATION OPENS FOR VIRTUAL ST. PETER'S CARDIAC & VASCULAR CENTER ALBANY LAST RUN 5K
- PATRIZIA FIANDRINI DAILY - The second line of the brand for 2021
- Nevada School District Contact Center Receives 25,000+ Calls To Support Remote Student Learning