- New Rochelle: City Holds Ribbon Cutting for New Department of Public Works Center
- New Rochelle Police Department Holds Annual Memorial and Awards Ceremony
- Rochester: International Plaza Welcomes New Vendors
Attracting more than 10,000 visitors a year, Yonkers Arts Weekend features hundreds of local, regional and international artists, painters, photographers, sculptors, and musicians in the City's most exciting cultural hotspots including city galleries, the Carpet Mills Arts District, Hudson River Museum, and Untermyer Gardens. Since its inception in 2014, YAW has created a prominent arts district in the City of Yonkers, several city galleries have opened, and dozens of local and international renowned muralists and artists have contributed to the City's downtown revival under the leadership of Mayor Mike Spano.
"Yonkers continues to secure its reputation as an artistic hub in the region and we are so excited to share that with residents and visitors each year during Yonkers Arts Weekend," said Mayor Mike Spano. "Yonkers has a thriving arts community and I'm thrilled that we can offer a jam-packed one-day festival for artists to display their talents."
Yonkers Arts Weekend is FREE to the public and will showcase a wide range of artistic mediums, workshops, musical performances and guest appearances including:
City of Yonkers x Yonkers Gallery Pop-up Show [Riverfront Library Atrium, 1 Larkin Center; 11AM-6PM]
A collaboratively curated exhibition featuring a wide-range of diverse artists who responded to the citywide call for entry.
More on Nyenta.com
- Jean Cocteau comes to Brooklyn: avant-garde classic The Blood Of A Poet screens June 6 with new original score performed live by Brian Bonz
- Upcoming Family Office Executive Education Program at the University of Denver
- Lineups Set for Final X New York/Beat the Streets on June 8 at Hulu Theater at Madison Square Garden
- New Rochelle: Click it or Ticket Campaign May 23-June 5
- Lazard Global Total Return and Income Fund Declares Monthly Distribution and Issues Estimated Sources of the Distribution Announced in March
US+U/Warburton Galerie's Exhibition: "The Poetry of Unwritten Letters" [Warburton Galerie, 16 Warburton Avenue; 11AM-6PM]
A group exhibition that explores the depth of both conscious and unconscious thought an artist puts into their creative practice and the ways in which their work represents unspoken words – instead communicated through a visual language.
Riverfront Gallery's Exhibition: "Momento Mori" Momento [Riverfront Library, 1 Larkin Center; 11AM-6PM]
Artists working in all media explored the inevitability of death and its impact on all of us in their dynamic works. The unforgettable works in this exhibit reminds us that each moment of life is sacred.
Blue Door Art Center's Exhibition: "One More Time: Recycled Artifacts" [Blue Door Art Center, 13 Riverdale Avenue; 11AM-6PM]
See artwork by over 50 local artists featuring recycled and upcycled objects. The focus is to show how one can elevate trash and turn it into art while helping to save the Earth.
Yonkers Arts' 13th Annual CMAD (Carpet Mills Arts District) Yonkers Artist Showcase and the 19th Annual YOHO Open Studios [For specific times and locations visit https://yonkersartsweekend.com/]
Enjoy LIVE musical performances (Jazz Showcase, Jam Session, R&B Showcase), the Youth Fashion Show, and Pop-up Exhibitions.
Hudson River Museum's "The World of Frida" and "Frida Kahlo in Context" [Hudson River Museum, 511 Warburton Avenue; 12:30PM-4PM]
Visitors are invited to enjoy FREE admission to the museum and family-friendly activities, including art workshops that celebrate the bilingual exhibitions "The World of Frida" and "Frida Kahlo in Context" and the thriving arts in Yonkers. Various activities such as games and demonstrations will take place in the Hudson River Museum's Courtyard. To view Hudson River Museum's up-to-date COVID-19 protocol, visit https://www.hrm.org/plan-your-visit/
- Yonkers Arts Weekend will be the last weekend to view these two exhibitions.
- Planetarium shows and tours of Glenview are ticketed and are an additional charge
Untermyer Park and Gardens: LIVE Musical Performances by the Untermyer Parks Council as well as the Yonkers Parks Department and a Photographic Graffiti Art Display [Untermyer Park and Gardens, Amphitheater, 945 N. Broadway; 1PM-5PM]
More on Nyenta.com
- CEO of Dreamer HQ Inc., Daniel Mangena Joins Abundance Studio™ As A Producer
- Qunnect awarded $1.85M from US Department of Energy to support Quantum Repeater Commercialization
- Volatus Group Beyond Visual Line of Site waiver approved for Censys Sentaero UAS Operations and Training at the Pendleton UAS Range
- New York Blues Hall of Famer Greg Dayton Crowdfunds New Album Release via Indiegogo Campaign
- Dr. Kate Balestrieri, Licensed Psychologist, Certified Sex Therapist and Founder of Modern Intimacy Shares the Benefits of Self-Pleasure In Honor of National Masturbation Month
Enjoy various LIVE musical performances under the blue skies of the Untermyer Park Amphitheatre. UPAC presents Joe Giglio Trio (1PM-3PM). The Yonkers Parks Department presents Carlos Jimenez Mambo Dulcet, a nine piece latin jazz band (3PM-5PM). Also, includes a graffiti art exhibition by Graffiti Art Expert Ken Davis.
Yonkers Arts Weekend is produced by the City of Yonkers Planning & Development Department in partnership with Yonkers Downtown/Waterfront BID. Community partners for YAW include: Yonkers Arts, US+U/Warburton Galerie, YOHO artists and Carpet Mills Arts District (CMAD), Hudson River Museum, Blue Door Art Center, Riverfront Art Gallery, Sawyer Place, RXR Realty (Developers/Owner), Untermyer Gardens Conservatory, the Parks Department, Yonkers Partners in Education (YPIE), YoFi Digital Media Art Center (DMAC), Sarah Lawrence College Center for the Urban River at Beczak, and AMS Acquisitions.
For questions, contact YonkersArtsWeekend@gmail.com. To view the full program schedule visithttps://yonkersartsweekend.com/
Latest on Nyenta.com
- New Rochelle: Weekend Closure of Southbound Hutchinson River Parkway Expected Between Exit 8 and Exit 6
- ZEE5 Global brings to audiences the RRRoar of S.S. Rajamouli's Super hit Blockbuster 'RRR' grossing over $150 Million worldwide, in the Original Language, Telugu USA - English USA - English
- KBRA Assigns Preliminary Ratings to GCAT 2022-NQM3 Trust
- Cryptocurrency Wealth Building Series Responds to Investment Knowledge Inequality
- Prop Swords - Shop Cool Anime & Movie Replica Swords Online
- The SmartMetric Biometric Credit Card Provides 100% Validation of the Card User Before the Card is Used
- Welcome AWATFIT The Fitness Truck to Fort Lauderdale
- Outdoor Clothing Market to Reach US$ 13.9 Bn by 2021; TMR Study
- New Rochelle: ARRESTS MADE – STOLEN AUTO AND LARCENIES FROM VEHICLES
- Wolters Kluwer's Sandeep Sacheti Named FinTech Executive Leader of the Year
- Cornerstone and Swiftlane Announce Strategic Technology Initiative to Create Safer Rental Communities in Denver
- NYC REIT Sends Letter Urging Shareholders to Vote for Company's Incumbent Director Nominee as Annual Meeting Approaches
- TUPPERWARE ALERT: Bragar Eagel & Squire, P.C. is Investigating Tupperware Brands Corporation on Behalf of Tupperware Stockholders and Encourages Investors to Contact the Firm
- The Dog Gurus Collaborate with Blue-9 for Advancement of Dog Daycare Enrichment Programs
- Lindsay Goldberg Completes Sale of Pixelle Specialty Solutions
- Flower City Days Horticultural at the City of Rochester Public Market Continues on Sunday, May 22
- TOKYO SKYTREE Celebrates Its 10th anniversary! Let's Pay Homage to this Japanese Landmark and World's Tallest Freestanding Broadcast Tower
- Genpact Limited Board Declares Quarterly Cash Dividend
- Yonkers Police Department promotes, appoints five members during Police Week
- Yonkers Mayor Spano Launches Electric Powered Leaf Blower Incentive Program to Help Protect Public Health