- RTX SHAREHOLDER NOTICE: Securities Litigation Partner James (Josh) Wilson Encourages Investors Who Suffered Losses Exceeding $100,000 In RTX To Contact Him Directly To Discuss Their Options
- The Luxe Team at Dale Sorensen Real Estate Brevard Presents 100 Ocean Condominium in Melbourne, Florida
- SILICON MOTION SHAREHOLDER NOTICE: Securities Litigation Partner James (Josh) Wilson Encourages Investors Who Suffered Losses Exceeding $100,000 In Silicon Motion To Contact Him Directly To Discuss Their Options
NEW YORK, Aug. 12, 2022 /PRNewswire/ -- Earlier today the House voted to pass the Inflation Reduction Act of 2022, a bill that includes several key provisions to lower the prices of prescription drugs. AARP New York thanks Representatives Tom Suozzi (NY3), Kathleen Rice (NY4), Gregory Meeks (NY5), Grace Meng (NY6), Nydia Velazquez (NY7), Hakeem Jeffries (NY8), Yvette Clarke (NY9), Jerry Nadler (NY10), Carolyn Maloney (NY12), Adriano Espaillat (NY13), Alexandra Ocasio-Cortez (NY14), Ritchie Torres (NY15), Jamaal Bowman (NY16), Mondaire Jones (NY17), Sean Patrick Maloney (NY18), Paul Tonko (NY20), Joe Morelle (NY25) and Brian Higgins (NY26) for supporting this critical legislation that will bring real relief for seniors. The bill now goes to President Biden for his signature.
The Inflation Reduction Act includes key AARP priorities that will go a long way to lower drug prices and out-of-pocket costs. AARP fought for provisions in the bill that will:
- Finally allow Medicare to negotiate the price of drugs
- Cap annual out-of-pocket prescription drug costs in Medicare Part D ($2,000 in 2025)
- Hold drug companies accountable when they increase drug prices faster than the rate of inflation, and
- Cap co-pays for insulin to no more than $35 per month in Medicare Part D.
Jo Ann Jenkins, AARP Chief Executive Officer, issued a statement reacting to the House vote:
More on Nyenta.com
- HOWARD HUGHES HOLDINGS INC. APPOINTS ELENA VERBINSKAYA CHIEF ACCOUNTING OFFICER
- PhaseZero Expands CxAnalytics Offering with Generative AI Solutions to power Everyday Efficiency for Global Manufacturing Companies
- Eric Washington, Noted Author to Host Webinar About the Loss of a Child
- Prepare Yourself For A Hair-Raising Musical Journey With Sidow Sobrino's Happy Halloween
- Bloomberg Completes Acquisition of Broadway Technology
"Today is a momentous day for older Americans. By passing the Inflation Reduction Act, Congress has made good on decades of promises to lower the price of prescription drugs. Seniors should never have to choose between paying for needed medicine or other necessities like food or rent, and tens of millions of adults in Medicare drug plans will soon have peace of mind knowing their out-of-pocket expenses are limited every year.
"Many people said this couldn't be done, but AARP isn't afraid of a hard fight. We kept up the pressure, and now, for the first time, Medicare will be able to negotiate with drug companies for lower prices, saving seniors money on their medications.
"I thank the House members whose votes today will bring real relief to millions of Americans, and I look forward to President Biden signing this bill into law."
Follow us on Twitter: @AARPNY and Facebook: AARP New York
AARP is the nation's largest nonprofit, nonpartisan organization dedicated to empowering people 50 and older to choose how they live as they age. With a nationwide presence and nearly 38 million members, AARP strengthens communities and advocates for what matters most to families: health security, financial stability and personal fulfillment. AARP also produces the nation's largest circulation publications: AARP The Magazine and AARP Bulletin. To learn more, visit www.aarp.org, www.aarp.org/espanol or follow @AARP, @AARPenEspanol and @AARPadvocates, @AliadosAdelante on social media.
More on Nyenta.com
- Vantiva Announces it has entered into an agreement with CommScope to acquire CommScope's Home Networks
- DOLLAR ALERT: Bragar Eagel & Squire, P.C. is Investigating Dollar General Corporation on Behalf of Dollar Stockholders and Encourages Investors to Contact the Firm
- Revolutionize Revenue Management with RevSystems: The Future of Revenue Insight and Control is Here
- Car Accident Lawyer Tempe Accident Law Group
- New Rochelle: Storm Recovery- Oct. 2 Update
SOURCE AARP New York
Filed Under: Business
Latest on Nyenta.com
- The Documented Culinary Journey of AI Influencer, Chef Jade
- American Garden Rose Selections™ Announces 2024 Winners
- Boutique Consulting Firm with Unique Project Leadership Offering is Now GSA Approved
- RedBird IMI Announces Investment in Front Office Sports
- Robotics and Automation are Driving Demand for Upgraded Warehouse Management Systems concludes new report from the Mobile Robot Directory
- Doctors for Cannabis Regulation Rebrands as Doctors for Drug Policy Reform
- Dominion Energy Recommends Shareholders Reject 'Mini-Tender' Offer By TRC Capital Investment Corporation
- DiscountCell Joins Growing Value-Added Distribution Platform With Alliance, GetWireless, and TESSCO.
- New data reveals 87% Australian adults have experienced a work-related musculoskeletal injury
- Local Family-Owned Pizza Shop Celebrates One Year
- Toy Fair® Announces Upcoming Dates and Locations for Iconic Show
- Cruz Textures Celebrates National Hair Day
- NEOM and Maysalward to strengthen young gaming talent with launch of NEOM Game Dev Challenge
- Rosann Santos Speaks About the Importance of Celebrating Hispanic Heritage Every Month
- RTX MONDAY DEADLINE ALERT: ROSEN, NATIONAL TRIAL LAWYERS, Encourages RTX Corporation f/k/a Raytheon Technologies Corporation Investors with Losses in Excess of $100K to Secure Counsel Before Important October 2 Deadline in Securities Class Action...
- Toy Fair® Transforms NYC's Javits Center into Massive Playground
- New Rochelle: Storm Recovery- Sept. 30 Update
- 24/7 Late Night Technology Repair and Services
- ARCHER DEADLINE ALERT: Securities Litigation Partner James (Josh) Wilson Encourages Investors Who Suffered Losses In Archer To Contact Him Directly To Discuss Their Options
- MAGNA-TILES® Downhill Duo Set Wins Preschool Toy of the Year at 2023 Toy of the Year Awards