For Immediate Release July 19, 2019
ALBANY, NY – Eight Albany residents have been charged with possessing two handguns and a sawed off rifle following a search warrant yesterday afternoon on Third Avenue.
On Thursday, July 18, 2019 at approximately 1:15 p.m., officers responded to the area of Third Avenue and Teunis Street for a report of shots fired. Shortly after the call, a second call was received for a three-year-old who had been shot in the arm nearby.
Upon their arrival, officers were directed to a home on Third Avenue west of Elizabeth Street where a group had been seen entering following the shots. Eight individuals were subsequently taken into custody at the home and following a search warrant, a .45 caliber handgun, .38 caliber revolver and a sawed-off .22 caliber rifle were all recovered from inside.
The .45 caliber handgun was also reported stolen on October 10, 2018 out of Danville, Virginia.
More on Nyenta.com
- Exclusive Butterfly Garden Holiday Gift Set
- 626 acquires the leading injector service solution provider in the Healthcare Technology Management space
- Siemplify Raises the Bar for Enterprise Readiness with Latest Security Operations Platform Release
- Evolve IP Completes Flex Certification for WebEx Calling and Meetings Solutions
- Albany: RFP 2019:39 Actuarial Valuation Services
All eight, including a 15-year-old and three 16-year-olds whose names will not be released due to their age, were charged with Criminal Possession of a Weapon 3rd and Criminal Possession of Stolen Property 4th.
The names of the others arrested are as follows:
- Daron Simmons, 17, of Albany Eric Kersey, 17, of Albany Michael Thompson, 19, of Albany Kayontee Bartee, 21, of Albany
At this time there are no charges or arrests made in connection with the actual shooting incident and the investigation remains ongoing.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Albany Police Detective Division at 518-462-8039.
Those who wish to provide anonymous information may also submit tips to Capital Region Crime Stoppers at www.capitalregioncrimestoppers.com or by downloading the free P3 Tips mobile app.
Albany Police Department
Latest on Nyenta.com
- Albany: RFP 2019:38 Monitoring Solutions For Water and Waste Water Applications
- Arson Investigators & OSCR360 Team Network at NYS Arson Investigation Event
- Steve The Medium Coming To Rude Rangers TV
- Santia Deck Makes History; Signs Record Breaking Deal With Highly-Anticipated WFLA
- Dbvisit Announces Release of Dbvisit Standby Snapshot
- Albany Mayor Kathy Sheehan Announces Appointment of Councilmember Dr. Dorcey Applyrs as Next Albany Chief City Auditor
- Apollo Brands® Announces Exclusive Distribution Agreement Bringing Apollo Energy Gum® and Golf Gum® to The Nordic Countries
- Sandline Discovery Leverages NexLP's Cognitive AI to Deliver Leading Behavioral and Linguistic Intelligence
- Michael Sheahan Retired NYPD Detective Honored for Donating Over $1 Million of Books
- Unpopular Opinion: The Story of a Selfish Heart
- ACEINNA Launches New Current Sensing Article for Embedded Power Systems
- Athlete Ally's Updated Athletic Equality Index Shows Tremendous Progress, Opportunities for LGBTQ Inclusivity
- Upcycle Pop returns with its Sustainable Holiday Event. Art Exhibits, Performances and a Fashion Show
- Royal Portrush, Omni Barton Creek, Golf Rivals, Adidas, and Great Waters announced as winners of Golf Aficionado Magazine Best of 2019 Awards
- "The Longer, Shorter Path" - New Autobiography from Israel's Former Defense Minister
- inTheSmart (iTS) premieres on FOX Business with its advanced endoscopic fluorescence imaging system and over 70 patents
- Buffalo: Mayor Brown Announces the Next Phase of the Highly-Successful Cars Sharing Main Street Project
- WebSatchel makes mobile breakthrough
- Mayor Brown, Variety–The Children's Charity of Buffalo Announce $30K Grant to Police Athletic League
- NASA Awards PADT, Arizona State University and Kennesaw State University a $755,000 Phase II STTR Research Grant