Contact: Brian Shea
* * NEWS RELEASE * *
ALBANY, NY - Mayor Kathy Sheehan announced today that First Ward Councilmember Dr. Dorcey Applyrs will assume of the role of Chief City Auditor on January 1, 2020.
Councilmember Applyrs currently serves as Vice President of Community Health Initiatives at the Community Foundation for the Greater Capital Region, where she leads development and implementation of grant programs and community initiatives that positively impact the health and wellness of communities across the region.
On the Common Council, Dr. Applyrs has established herself as a strong voice for residents not only in the First Ward but across the City. She has been a leader on issues surrounding environmental justice, public safety and community-police relations, and public health. Most recently, Councilmember Applyrs co-authored groundbreaking legislation to codify Albany's efforts to make equity central to the decision-making process that informs how the City spends its scarce resources.
More on Nyenta.com
- Buffalo: Statement From Mayor Byron W. Brown on the Determination to Reverse Section VI's Decision
- Buffalo: Mayor Brown and Elected Officials Address Inclusive Equitable Interscholastic Athletics
- Author Sara Gordon Shares Her Heartbreak and Perseverance in Emotional New Memoir 'And They Thought I Had It All'
- Sunknowledge Services Inc: answer for Solving all Your Infusion Billing Services
- Nordic countries have the best passports in the World
"I am appointing Councilmember Applyrs to be Albany's next Chief City Auditor because she has the skills, experience, and education to transform the office to have a much broader impact on the City of Albany and its residents," said Albany Mayor Kathy Sheehan. "Dorcey's work on the Council and her background in public health will allow her to take a hard look at what services and resources exist in the City and how we can work together to fill gaps and improve the quality of life for all residents."
Among her many honors, Dr. Applyrs was named 40 Under 40 by the Albany Business Review and a 2017 Young Alumna of Excellence by SUNY University at Albany, and was recipient of the 2017 Off the Sidelines Equality Advocacy award by U.S. Senator Kirsten Gillibrand.
Dr. Applyrs resides on South Marshall Street in Albany with her husband, Don-Lee Applyrs, and their daughter, Noble.
Latest on Nyenta.com
- SOLAREUM Inc. Introduces Solareum Home & Renewables
- The Polyflex and Clicheria Blumenau are joining CSW and MARVACO as new partners in the Global Premedia Network
- IFF Drives Sustainability Leadership with New Milestones
- Bucceri International revamps New York Fashion Week
- Deviant Marketing - Nominated for Social Media Ad of the Year
- Facebook Partners with The Alfred Street Baptist Church Foundation for their 18th Annual HBCU Festival on Saturday, January 25 at the National Harbor
- Jumo Health Selected as a Finalist for the Sharecare Awards
- Americart now a touring Art Exhibition across the United States
- Rude Rangers TV Helps Raise Autism Awareness
- Thiel College names Anthony Kos, Ph.D. new Business Administration and Accounting Chair
- Discovery Map's Brian Bamrick Celebrates 25 years of Making Maps, Friends and Memories
- Tangled Hair Techs Helps Women with Depression Come Alive through Detangling Tangled Matted Hair
- Audience Serv Indonesia Drives More Direct Bookings In 2020
- San Francisco Opens The First Housing Program For Transgender & Gender Nonconforming Adults
- Diligence Capital Advisors Arranges Acquisition to Construction Loan for 37 Unit, Mixed-Use Project in South Kensington
- DEADLINE ALERT: Bragar Eagel & Squire, P.C. Reminds Investors That a Class Action Lawsuit Has Been Filed Against The RealReal, Inc. and Encourages Investors to Contact the Firm
- SHAREHOLDER ALERT: Pomerantz Law Firm Reminds Shareholders with Losses on their Investment in Correvio Pharma Corporation of Class Action Lawsuit and Upcoming Deadline - CORV
- New nonprofit organization targets high risk teens in NYC with support services
- Poster Auctions International's Rare Posters Auction #80 Features 520 Rare and Iconic Works
- Original Phone Directory Removal Service Re-Brands ".org" Opt-Out Service to YellowPagesDirectory