- Rochester: Mayor Releases 4th Episode of State of the City
- City of New Rochelle Announces Soft Launch of New Bike Share & E-Scooter System Operated by VeoRide
- The City of Rochester Announces Implementation Plan for RASE Commission Recommendations
The artist, whose work has been internationally recognized, will be in attendance. The introduction of cryptocurrencies as the exclusive method of payment throughout the exhibition is a first for the artist and is a symbolic return to his roots, with his famed Mr. Monopoly mascot having been inspired by the stockbroker Bernie Madoff and his work being a blatant criticism of the billion-dollar bailouts and deregulation associated with major banks.
The disruptions being caused by the arrival of cryptocurrency to traditional financial systems and institutions are consistent with many of the themes found within Monopoly's work. The use of 'crypto' as the exclusive form of payment for his new collection is a natural extension of Monopoly's intention to criticize the systems his work targets and explore new forms of self-autonomy. In his own words, Monopoly has declared that "Crypto is a modern way of doing business. It connects people around the world by allowing them to bypass antiquated financial systems that no longer serve them, or never served them at all. For me, it's the way forward." Cathia Klimovsky, owner of Eden Gallery, has expressed her support for this new direction: "We have always loved Alec's work. With its provocative, colorful imagery, Alec provides an incredible commentary about modern society. By making this collection available exclusively through the use of cryptocurrencies, he's sending a strong message about the direction financial transactions are going in, especially in the art world. It also gives incredible access to a broad range of new collectors who may not have had access previously." The collection will be available to collectors in person and online at https://www.eden-gallery.com/collection-by-alec-monopoly from the 11th of April onwards.
More on Nyenta.com
- SmartAsset Raises $110 Million in Series D Funding, Bringing its Valuation to Over $1 Billion
- Colombia's Top Podcasting Platform Podway Obtains Nine (9) Nominations to the Latin Podcast Awards
- SlimCare Medical has announced the New Website Launch
- From Packs To Pitches: Global Lay's® Replay Program Gives Packaging A New Purpose With Sustainable Football Pitches USA - English USA - English
- Rochester: Food Truck Rodeos Return
About Alec Monopoly
Originally from New York City, Alec Monopoly's graffiti art can be seen in urban environments across the world, including New York, Miami, Los Angeles, Europe, Mexico and Asia. Growing up in New York City with a classically trained painter as a mother, Monopoly considers himself a lifelong artist. Monopoly has established himself as one of the foremost artists of this genre. His unique style takes a lighthearted approach, rather than the typical grim slant of street art, differentiating him from his contemporaries and giving his art a relatable quality.
About Eden Gallery
Since its foundation in 1997 by Cathia Klimovsky, Eden Fine Art has evolved into a global network of high-end art galleries representing a selection of international artists, each with a uniquely modern approach to creation. Collectively, Eden artists represent and promote contemporary optimism and a colorful view of life.
With premier gallery spaces, including locations in New York, London, Miami, Aspen and Mykonos, the Eden Gallery Group operates at the forefront of modern, vibrant culture with an ethos of commitment to our community of artists, curators, and supporters. Held to the highest standards of curatorial excellence, we strive to create unforgettable exhibitions, events, and experiences designed to inspire and transform.
More on Nyenta.com
- HOME POINT CAPITAL ALERT: Bragar Eagel & Squire, P.C. Reminds Investors That a Class Action Lawsuit Has Been Filed Against Home Point Capital, Inc. and Encourages Investors to Contact the Firm
- Cryptsoft's KMIP technology strengthens security in Networked Energy Services' Advanced Metering Infrastructure solutions
- reVovler's El Show de Piolín, Luis Jimenez Pod, Alex El Genio Lucas, Nominated Latin Podcast Awards
- MetLife Announces Full Redemption of 3.048% Series C Senior Component Debentures, Tranche 2
- Chuck's Vintage, Inc., Subsidiary Of Green Stream Holdings, Inc., Featured in Social Life
For further information, please contact Guy Martinovsky at [email protected].
SOURCE Eden Gallery
Filed Under: Business
Latest on Nyenta.com
- Hepsiburada Announces Launch of Initial Public Offering
- What Is Cobwebs' Cyber Threat Intelligence and How Can It Help Secure Organizations?
- Sprinklr Announces Pricing of Initial Public Offering
- MIT Enterprise Forum of NYC Closes and Donates Cash Reserves
- Top Executive from Under Armour Joins CEO Coaching International®
- DJ Xotic Mami Signs With Mondesir Media & Communication
- BlackRock to Host Call for BCAT and BIGZ Closed-End Funds on Thursday, June 24th
- THE MAGIC OF ROB LAKE, with Broadway Pedigree, Breaks Records for Armed Forces Entertainment
- Partner Kevin J. O'Brien will be a panelist at a Lexology webinar on Thursday June 24th discussing the Meng Wanzhou case.
- BTG Pactual Strategic Capital, Morning Calm Management and Grupo Patio Launch Aurora Industrial
- TycoonInvest Launches Platform for the General Public to Invest in Startups and Small Businesses
- The National Association of Collegiate Esports Partners with Fair-Play Corporation
- RealClear Publishing Releases The New Civil War: Exposing Elites, Fighting Utopian Leftism, and Restoring America by Conservative Commentator Bruce D. Abramson
- Itero Group, LLC, Announces Leadership Addition to Salesforce Practice
- AdvisorSmith Finds the Average Savings Account Balance in the U.S
- Amesbury Elementary School Contract Awarded to CTA Construction Managers
- Blackstone Hires Global Head of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Master Agent Bridgepointe Joins The Evolve IP Partner Program
- Women-Led Fintech, Pasito, Welcomes Julie Scotland as Co-Founder and CMO
- Most Active New Venture Capital Firms Globally 2021 Released at F50 Global Capital Summit