As a member of the Initiative's 2019-2020 cohort, Mayor Brown is part of a class of mayors participating in a program delivered by faculty from Harvard Business School and Harvard Kennedy School as well as world-class experts from Bloomberg Philanthropies' global network.
The yearlong program launches with a three-day convening for mayors in New York City beginning Sunday, July 14, 2019, which Mayor Brown is attending at no cost to the city. Each day of the convening, mayors will attend classroom sessions focused on the latest management and leadership practices, using case studies and workshops developed at Harvard.
"Being chosen for the program is a great honor", said Mayor Brown. "I'm looking forward to the year ahead as a great opportunity for city leaders to meet, exchange ideas, and discuss how best to approach solving pressing problems for our residents. I believe this program will help enhance our leadership team's capabilities in important areas and connect me with other mayors to jointly explore innovative approaches to similar issues that our cities are facing."
More on Nyenta.com
- Croatia's Katarina Line Increases Trade Show Presence in North America and Europe
- Concierge Auctions Earns Coveted Position on the Inc. 5000 List of Fastest-Growing Companies in America For the Sixth Year Running
- George Clinton sparks a Phat Blunt with Miss Velvet and The Blue Wolf
- Country Star Gary West Readies for Worldwide Releases
- Vincent Totoro joins CXO Nexus to help lead Global Integrations
Michael R. Bloomberg, founder Bloomberg Philanthropies and three-term mayor of New York City, collaborated with Harvard University leadership to create the Bloomberg Harvard City Leadership Initiative in 2016.
Collectively, Harvard University and Bloomberg Philanthropies aim to help mayors and their leadership teams manage the complexities of running a city, and to give these leaders opportunities to learn from one another. The Bloomberg Harvard City Leadership Initiative will connect Mayor Brown to some of the university's top educators, coaching from experts, a network of peers, and technical assistance. The program provides an opportunity to share practices and learn from fellow mayors about the promising ideas that are already helping to enhance the quality of life in cities around the world.
After the mayors convening, two senior-level city officials nominated by each mayor will attend a convening in August and attend virtual classes throughout the year. From Buffalo, Chief Service Officer and Director of Citizen Services Oswaldo
More on Nyenta.com
- JMN Logistics and Transportation Announces Largest One-Time Asset Investment in Company History Adding 16 New Trucks
- New Rochelle Launches Artist Certification Program to Boost Artist Housing in the City's Downtown
- Global Kids Awarded New Grant from National Science Foundation to Launch Pilot STEM Project
- B & D Precision Selects Local Advertising Company For Marketing
- Menufy Taps into Postmates to Increase On-Demand Business for Restaurants
Mestre, Jr. and Executive Director of the Office of Strategic Planning Brendan Mehaffy will participate in the yearlong program, and help Mayor Brown translate what they learn into organizational changes that improve life in Buffalo.
Mayor Brown's participation in the Bloomberg Harvard City Leadership Initiative, and that of his two senior leaders – including tuition, accommodation, meals, and airfare – is fully funded by the program thanks to Bloomberg Philanthropies.
The Bloomberg Harvard City Leadership Initiative is a collaboration among Bloomberg Philanthropies, Harvard Business School, and Harvard Kennedy School. Its mission is to inspire and strengthen city leaders as well as equip them with the tools to lead high-performing, innovative cities.
Latest on Nyenta.com
- Introducing .NET Core 3 in GdPicture.NET and DocuVieware
- Documentary Film "Harlem School 1970" by Phil Gries Reviewed on the GingerNewYork TV Show
- 2019's Most Empowering Latino Author
- Join WOMBA at the 5th Annual SHIEC Conference
- Stride Movers Announces Free Moving Supplies Promotion
- Concierge Auctions' Summer Mountain Auction Kicks off with Six Global Sales and Record Price in Wyoming
- Work 365 Sync for Self-Service and Provisioning Automation
- Jazz Across the Water, Bordum and Rhodes
- Disruptive Startup Award @ Stanford
- Refereum rewards Dauntless players over USD $3,000 in prizes
- Utica Zoo welcomes 2 newborn Red Panda cubs
- Durante Rentals Makes the Inc. 5000 List for Seventh Straight Year
- Thiel College's safety program one of two Pennsylvania institutions recognized by top credentialing organizations
- Find Out What Happens When Traveling Through Time With No Way To Get Home In "Fatechanger"
- Ancient Rome, Noir, and Pulp themes reign as Dialogue with Three Chords begins 9th season of theatre
- Concierge Auctions Announces August/September Lineup Spanning 4 Countries and 10 U.S. States
- Explore How Families Manage Their Secrets In The New Audiobook "Dandelion Summer"
- BREAKING NEWS! American Pet Professionals Membership Enrollment for 2019 ENDS on August 31, 2019!
- The United States Legal 500 Name Recognizes Fennemore Craig's Real Estate Practice
- Corsis Named to Inc. Magazine's Annual List of America's Fastest-Growing Private Companies