- Rochester: Statement Regarding the Inauguration of President Biden and Vice President Harris
- Mayor Mike Spano, Yonkers Public Schools Launch Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Video Contest
- Fortune Writer and Author Jeff John Roberts Hosts 'Bevel, Books and Bourbon' to Discuss "Kings of Crypto: One Startup's Quest to Take Cryptocurrency Out of Silicon Valley and Onto Wall Street"
Contact: David Galin
Email David Galin
For Immediate Release
City of Albany and the Joint Veterans Committee Cancel Veterans Day Parade Due to COVID-19
Wreath Laying Events Will Take Place to Recognize This Important Day
ALBANY, NY – Due to the continued risk associated with COVID-19 and the need to remain socially distant, the 2020 Veterans Day Parade has been canceled.
In lieu of the normal parade activities, the Joint Veterans Committee will be honoring our Veterans with two wreath laying ceremonies on Wednesday, November 11, 2020. Attendees are required to wear masks and remain socially distant from others who attend the ceremonies. The number of attendees at each site will be limited to 50 people to remain in compliance with Center for Disease Control and New York State COVID guidelines.
More on Nyenta.com
- "Future-Ready" Organizations Leveraging Digital to Operate Faster and Smarter Could Help Unlock $5 Trillion in Economic Growth, Says Accenture Study
- Benzalkonium Chloride Market Revenue Worth $1,301.1 Million by 2030 Says P&S Intelligence
- Event Industry First: RA&A to Use XR Technology for Live Multi-Hub FII Conference on January 27-28, 2021 USA - English USA - English USA - English
- Scopus BioPharma Announces Pricing of $9 Million Follow-On Public Offering
- Constellation Acquisition Corp I Announces Pricing of $300 Million Initial Public Offering
"While it saddens me not to be able to appropriately recognize our Veterans this year on Veterans Day, we must follow COVID protocols to do our part to deter large gatherings and continue to flatten the curve," said Albany Mayor Kathy Sheehan. "Despite the different look of this year's commemoration, our utmost gratitude and respect for our Veterans and their families remains steadfast."
"The Joint Veterans Committee of the City of Albany wish to say thanks and offer continued support to all our Veterans and families in the Capital District and beyond," said Mark Rosenzweig, US Army Ret., Chairman of the City of Albany Joint Veterans Committee.
At 11:00 a.m. there will be a gathering at Mater Christi Memorial Grove, located at 162 South Lake Avenue. The Albany High School JROTC Color Guard, led by Cadet Lieutenant Colonel Michael Lubinski will attend. Gold Star Father, Gerry Seyboth will give opening remarks and prayer followed by wreath laying by a member of the American Gold Star Mothers Albany Chapter. A moment of silence will be observed followed by Amazing Grace being played by Michelle Perkinson of NYS Department of Corrections Emerald Society Pipe Band.
More on Nyenta.com
- Beyond Social Responsibility: Black-led Venture Funds Generate Outsized Returns, Help Close Racial Wealth Gap
- Brazil's ANVISA Grants Novel Food Approval for NEM® brand eggshell membrane
- CreditSnap, a next generation FinTech startup, announces strategic seed investment from multi-lender finance platform Tresl, its earliest adopter
- Group of Nation's Most Renowned Black Clergy Led by Rev. Sharpton and Rev. Butts Launch Nationwide Testing Campaign to Fight COVID-19 in the Black Community
- Kimco Realty Declares Dividends on Class L and Class M Preferred Stock
An APD escort will accompany attendees traveling from the first location to the Vietnam and Gold Star Memorials in Layette Park, located on Washington Ave opposite the Capitol Building by 12:00 p.m.. Vietnam Veteran and President of Tri County Vietnam Era Veterans, Joseph Pollicino, will provide opening remarks and American Gold Star Mother, Kim Vandenburg, will recite a prayer followed by wreath laying at the Vietnam Memorial by members of Tri County Vietnam Era Veterans and a moment of silence. Then a wreath will be laid at the Gold Star Family Monument by Gold Star Family Members who are present followed by a moment of silence and Taps.
Latest on Nyenta.com
- IFF Announces Preliminary Fourth Quarter & Full Year 2020 Financial Results
- Pomerantz Law Firm Announces the Filing of a Class Action against GoodRx Holdings, Inc. and Certain Officers - GDRX
- Breeze Brewin - Hindsight (Album)
- Kaplan Fox Has Filed a Class Action to Recover Losses for Investors Who Purchased Boston Scientific Corporation Securities
- EOS ENERGY ALERT: Bragar Eagel & Squire, P.C. Is Investigating Eos Energy Enterprises on Behalf of Eos Stockholders and Encourages Investors to Contact the Firm
- Gembah Sees Exponential Growth Year-Over-Year as eCommerce Industry Thrives
- Oscar Announces Two Strategic Senior Hires
- New Rochelle: Applications Now Available for First Annual Little Hoopers Basketball Clinic
- Cortical.io's New Release of Contract Intelligence Software Uses AI to Improve Extraction & Search
- Mastercard to Participate in Upcoming Investor Conference
- Distinguished Programs Taps George Arrizabalaga for Executive Role
- MC Companies and Move For Hunger Announce Collaborative Effort to Fight Hunger Nationwide
- ROSEN, A LEADING LAW FIRM, Announces Filing of Securities Class Action Lawsuit Against CleanSpark, Inc.; Encourages Investors with Losses in Excess of $100K to Contact Firm – CLSK
- Simply The Best Digital To Provide Digital Marketing Services to Urgent Home Care - Palm Beach's Leading Home Health Service
- Royce Micro-Cap Trust (NYSE: RMT) as of Dec 31, 2020
- 1-800-PACK-RAT Acquires Storage Squad, a Leader in the Student Storage Industry
- Robert Larocca Named Chief Strategic Relations Officer at SterlingRisk
- White Palms Fire Equipment Doubles Down on Online Presence By Hiring Leading Digital Marketing Company, Simply the Best Digital
- Alex Spiro Elected Chairman of the Board of Directors of GlassBridge Enterprises, Inc.
- Consumers Continue Flocking to Immune-Boosting Supplements as Health Crisis Rage On