Contact: Yasmine Robinson
Deputy Director, Department of Planning and Development
Email Yasmine Robinson
(View Flyer Here)
ALBANY, NY – The City of Albany's Department of Planning and Development is hosting the second temporary demonstration project to test potential bicycle and pedestrian improvements and collect feedback for the ongoing update to the City of Albany Bicycle and Pedestrian Master Plan. The first temporary curb extension demonstration was held September 11-13, 2020, at the intersection of Eagle Street and Morton Avenue.
September 18-21, 2020, a temporary curb extension at Brevator Street and Melrose Avenue, will test a potential method to make intersection crossings easier and safer for pedestrians by reducing the crossing distance and speeds of vehicles entering the intersection. There will also be a bicycle boulevard demonstration along Melrose Avenue. Bicycle boulevards are neighborhood streets that use slower speeds and signage to make it safer and more attractive for cyclists of all abilities to ride.
More on Nyenta.com
- What A Perfect Time to Pay Tribute to Patsy Cline
- UnifyImpact Launches New Fintech Platform
- TRENIQUES: Isaji Riq gives a behind-the-scenes look into the music production industry
- Voya Honors Hiawassee, Georgia Teacher with First-Place Unsung Heroes Program Award
- Bisnar Chase Employment Attorneys Victorious in California Appellate Court
Planning Department Staff will be available at the following times to receive feedback on cycling and walking in Albany:
Melrose Avenue and Brevator Street
- September 18: 4:00 PM to 7:00 PM
- September 19: 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM
The Department has also developed a series of methods for those who live in, work in, or visit Albany to share ideas, experiences, and suggestions in ways that are suited to social distancing:
- Go to the Bicycle and Pedestrian Master Plan Website to learn about the Project's Vision & Goals, review the 2020 project timeline, and more
- Use a WikiMAP and fill out an Online Survey to identify places where you think walking & biking infrastructure could be strengthened
- Request a Zoom Meeting for a community group that supports people who rely on cycling and walking by sending an email to email Department of Planning and Development
More on Nyenta.com
- Intern Pursuit Platform Launches Their New Game!
- Join the Lustgarten Foundation As We Walk Virtually for Pancreatic Cancer Research!
- An Original Radio Play Mystery Comedy "The Case of the Missing Parents"
- PYNKTALKS Welcomes Singer-Songwriter & Painter Lovedom
- Fine Art, Jewelry & Decorative Arts at Auction this Autumn at Shapiro Auctions
The City of Albany's Department of Planning and Development is working on this project with its partner, the Capital District Transportation Committee (CDTC) and consultants Nelson\Nygaard, Creighton Manning, and Behan Planning. This update of the City's Bike/Ped Master Plan is funded by CDTC's 2019-2020 Community and Transportation Linkage Planning Program.
Latest on Nyenta.com
- Bull Horn Holdings Corp. Announces Pricing of $75,000,000 Initial Public Offering
- S Grace Facilities is Giving Away Free PPE to 5 Local NYC Businesses
- SHAREHOLDER ALERT: WeissLaw LLP Reminds PRCP, CBLI, AMAG, and MR Shareholders About Its Ongoing Investigations
- FAF INVESTOR ALERT: Bernstein Liebhard LLP Announces that a Securities Class Action Lawsuit has been Filed Against First American Financial Corporation
- Columbia University Center for Veteran Transition and Integration to Host Nationwide College Fair
- TRENIQUES Hosts Singer-Songwriter Isaji Riq
- Moog Inc. Announces Fourth Quarter and Year End 2020 Earnings Webcast on November 6, 2020
- ILoveLeasing.com® Spherexx CRM Gains Twenty-Four Companies in 2020
- Puerto Rico fashion stars confirm their presence at the Fashion and Beauty Congress
- Identity: The Podcast Don't Forget to Vote! Feat. THICK
- Tim Hellbusch Explains How to Sell On Amazon FBA and FBM
- Ace Comic Con Announces Limited Edition Exclusives Of The Boys #1 Comics From Dynamite Entertainment
- Want to Buy Website Traffic? Here's What You Should Know
- Richmond, VA-Based Digital Forensic Firm Launches Remote Mobile Forensic Data Acquisition
- Renowned Recording Star, Keynote Speaker Nathan Osmond Selected to Host New Hit TV Show, "Miracles Around You"
- CEO Coaching International Sees Record Attendance at Make Big Happen® Connections Virtual Forum
- Great Grandma Invents a New Concept in Bridges
- NewsBlaze Announces a Series Profiling Community Activists: Highlighting Activists Involved in Unique Philanthropic Engagements
- JPMorgan Chase to Present at the Goldman Sachs U.S. Financial Services Conference
- Insivia Re-launches SaaS Founder Show