New Rochelle, NY— Calling all artists and entrepreneurs, as the City of New Rochelle announced today the opening of two new cohort spaces for artists and entrepreneurs to use to hone their skills, one on the second floor inside the historic New Rochelle Train Station building and one at New Roc City, both with social distancing guidelines and strict cleaning protocols in place to serve businesses that are beginning to move forward.
In partnership with Accel7- an early-stage accelerator and business incubator in the Greater Hudson Valley Region that partners with startups to help develop and grow their business models to set them up for success, the new cohort spaces include access to coworking spaces, living quarters for aspiring artists-in-residence and entrepreneurs and opportunities for startups to take advantage of office facilities during normal business hours. Startups from as far as Hawaii and Ghana have previously used Accel7's cohort spaces to take their businesses to the next level.
In addition, Accel7 is now accepting applications for its three month accelerator program where aspiring entrepreneurs will have the option to live and work in one of their New Rochelle spaces, which are outfitted with a full kitchen and bath, three private bedrooms, a common room, conference rooms, and selection of private offices. Interested entrepreneurs can apply through mid-August at www.accel7.org.
More on Nyenta.com
- Anchin Names Russell B. Shinsky as Managing Partner
- fuboTV Announces Launch of Public Offering on New York Stock Exchange
- Global Radiation Dose Management Market Analysis, Key Players and Future Scope
- Facility Management Services in Saudi Arabia to Cross $76,244.9 Million Revenue by 2030: P&S Intelligence English English English
- Global Leader in Dock Scheduling and Yard Management Solutions Hits 160,000 User Milestone
For aspiring artists, the non-profit Venezuelan American Endowment for the Arts (VAEA), which is managing the Artist-in-Residency program, recently welcomed its first artist who is currently living in the cohort space as an Accel7 tenant on the second floor of the New Rochelle Train Station, part of the city's reimagination of its existing assets to encourage innovation. That artist is Miguel Braceli, a Venezuelan-born artist. During his residency through December, Miguel is working on a community-based art installation at New Rochelle City Hall to celebrate the city's diversity and spirit of unity.
Mr. Braceli became aware of the Artist-in-Residency program through VAEA, which as the future operator of the Black Box Theatre in the heart of downtown, is continuing to grow its artistic footprint in New Rochelle. Aspiring artists can apply for Artist-in-Residency program at http://vaearts.org/US/programs/vaea-residency.
"This exciting initiative illustrates New Rochelle's strong commitment to innovation and creativity, as well as our determination to emerge from the COVID crisis with a dynamic, growing economy. We are delighted to partner with Accel7 and VAEA to bring additional cultural and entrepreneurial energy to our burgeoning city center," said New Rochelle Mayor Noam Bramson.
More on Nyenta.com
- Diocese of Rockville Centre Files for Chapter 11 to Manage Legal Expenses and Facilitate Settlements with Abuse Survivors
- Defiance ETFs Launches the First SPAC ETF
- SHAREHOLDER ALERT: Pomerantz Law Firm Investigates Claims On Behalf of Investors of Pintec Technology Holdings Limited - PT
- Oil painting of a Japanese girl by David Burliuk (1882-1967) sells for $39,100 at Weiss Auctions
- PAR Technology Announces Pricing of Public Offering of Common Stock
"As we continue to rebound and reimagine our city's existing spaces and assets with a focus on growing our entrepreneurial and artistic community, we hope New Rochelle will become a center of creativity and innovation through these programs," said New Rochelle Development Commissioner Luiz Aragon. "We invite businesses, entrepreneurs and artists from around the region and beyond to apply for these spaces to stimulate new ideas and create a sense of community through collaboration."
"Artists, entrepreneurs, and students are the first innovators in growing, vibrant ecosystems. The team at Accel7 is excited to continue to drive ideas and innovation initiatives with emerging creatives and companies that will improve the quality of life for families and businesses in the City of New Rochelle and the greater region," said Danny Potocki, Managing Director at Accel7.
"VAEA New Rochelle is committed to supporting initiatives that transform the city into an international art destination, especially through the residency program. We are honored to have our first artist MIguel Braceli, who will be working on projects that will create awareness in some of today's important values of unity and inclusion," said Ali Cordero Casal, Chairman of VAEA New Rochelle Arts.
The City of New Rochelle, which is in the middle of a remarkable redevelopment to reimagine 12 million square feet in the heart of downtown, will continue to identify opportunities for innovation, with the train station and other locations around the city as a catalyst for growth and expression, as the city continues to support the business community.
For more information on the cohort working spaces, please visit www.ideallynewrochelle.com.
Latest on Nyenta.com
- Identity: The Podcast Fashion Insight: Gender Fluidity featuring Fabiana
- Drop Doubles Down on Personalization in Partnership With Button
- WRTC INVESTOR ALERT: Bernstein Liebhard Reminds Investors of the Deadline to File a Lead Plaintiff Motion in a Securities Class Action Lawsuit Against Wrap Technologies Inc.
- U.S. News & World Report ranks Thiel College as a top regional college in western Pa
- It's time to fulfil promise to the world's poorest – CPDE
- Aura Launches Commission-Based Referral Programme
- PAR Technology Announces Proposed Public Offering of Common Stock
- Qell Acquisition Corp. Announces Pricing of Upsized $330 Million Initial Public Offering
- Creating the Largest Organic Olive Farm in Italy
- Complementary and Alternative Medicines Market Size, Share, Growth Drivers and Future Scope
- Brown Brothers Harriman Joins UN-Supported Principles for Responsible Investment and UN Global Compact
- UnitedLex to Drive Digital Transformation Conversation at The Lawyer's GC Summit
- Galaxy Digital Appoints Damien Vanderwilt as Co-President and Head of Global Markets Rhonda Medina to Board of Managers
- SHAREHOLDER ALERT: Halper Sadeh LLP Continues to Investigate the Following Mergers; Shareholders are Encouraged to Contact the Firm - PRCP, MOBL, WPX, STND
- Voya Financial Announces Adjustment to Exercise Price of Warrants Issued Pursuant to the Warrant Agreement, dated May 7, 2013
- Albany Mayor Kathy Sheehan Cuts Ribbon on Woodlawn Avenue Traffic Calming Project
- Albany: REGISTRATION OPENS FOR VIRTUAL ST. PETER'S CARDIAC & VASCULAR CENTER ALBANY LAST RUN 5K
- PATRIZIA FIANDRINI DAILY - The second line of the brand for 2021
- Nevada School District Contact Center Receives 25,000+ Calls To Support Remote Student Learning
- DLA Piper advises Digital Force Technologies in strategic partnership with DC Capital Partners