- New Rochelle: NRPD Observes May 15-21 as National Police Memorial Week
- Yonkers Police Arrest Three Bronx Men for Brazen Jewelry Store Smash and Grab
- Mayor Evans Releases His First Proposed City Budget 2022-23 Fiscal Year Budget Seeks to Chart Prosperous Future for Rochester & Address Six Administration Priorities
The City was recently crowned New York State winner of the Best Tasting Drinking Water competition by the New York State American Water Works Association (AWWA). The best tasting water contest involves a panel of judges who grade each competing utility's drinking water based on taste, odor, color, clarity, mouthfeel and aftertaste. The award comes just in time for national Drinking Water Week, May 1-7.
"I'll take Rochester's water over wine every day, and I do," said Mayor Malik D. Evans. "This is a government function that we often take for granted, but it's vitally important. I know we are fortunate to draw our water from the pristine Hemlock and Canadice lakes, but it's a credit to everyone at our Water Bureau that we can count on clean, clear water flowing into our homes given our 146-year-old water system."
More on Nyenta.com
- Cornerstone and Swiftlane Announce Strategic Technology Initiative to Create Safer Rental Communities in Denver
- NYC REIT Sends Letter Urging Shareholders to Vote for Company's Incumbent Director Nominee as Annual Meeting Approaches
- TUPPERWARE ALERT: Bragar Eagel & Squire, P.C. is Investigating Tupperware Brands Corporation on Behalf of Tupperware Stockholders and Encourages Investors to Contact the Firm
- The Dog Gurus Collaborate with Blue-9 for Advancement of Dog Daycare Enrichment Programs
- Lindsay Goldberg Completes Sale of Pixelle Specialty Solutions
The Mayor also noted that the City's high-quality, public water system is widely recognized as an important contributor to Rochester's successful breweries, small and large, with local brew masters praising its mineral content as perfect for making the best beers.
Besides the drinking water accolades, the New York AWWA also recognized two of the City of Rochester's Water Bureau employees: Water Quality Chemist Brittany Vanno as the 2022 Young Professional of the Year for her efforts in implementing the City's lead in drinking water sampling and analysis program; and Chief of Water Quality Operations David Rowley as winner of the Teresa Boepple-Swider Award for his work educating fellow New York water professionals on revised rules relating to the control of lead in drinking water.
Far from resting on its laurels, the City of Rochester is continuing to maintain and upgrade its water systems, most recently landing a $3 million Water Infrastructure Improvement Act grant from the state to replace older pipes.
Latest on Nyenta.com
- KBRA Releases Research – Balancing ESG Priorities Never More Challenging for Insurers
- Kirby McInerney LLP Continues Investigation of Shareholder Claims on Behalf of Teladoc Health, Inc. (TDOC) Investors
- FIT Announces Expansion of the Bob Fisch Graduate Student Award Program and Recipients of Inaugural Award for Entrepreneurial Excellence
- The world's most anticipated blockchain game "Rise of Elves", is going to launch its Closed Beta in May!
- New Book - Your Maternity Leave: The Ultimate Practical Guide (1st UK Edition) by Nathalie Koren
- IMUA Honors Six At 91st Annual Meeting
- Noted storyteller and technologist Angelica McKinley joins the board of NMHA
- West Shore Construction Named #1 Hurricane Fabric Dealer in the Country
- Exterro Enhances Digital Forensic and Incident Response Automation with Major Upgrades to FTK® Connect
- Glenfarne Group and Partners Group Joint Venture EnfraGen Raises $620k to Fund Clean Energy and Water Projects in Colombia through GivePower Partnership
- PNC EXECUTIVES TO SPEAK AT BERNSTEIN CONFERENCE
- Dungeon Forward Inks Multi Collection Deal with Nickelodeon and Paramount Consumer Products
- Form 8.3 - HOMESERVE PLC
- RBW-Skull USA throttle tuner for Harley-Davidson
- M.King Media's 2nd Special Report "Black America: We Have A Problem" Is Now Streaming
- MEI ALERT: Bragar Eagel & Squire, P.C. is Investigating MEI Pharma, Inc. on Behalf of MEI Stockholders and Encourages Investors to Contact the Firm
- EMPIRE STATE BUILDING HONORS THE NOTORIOUS B.I.G.'S 50TH BIRTHDAY, IN PARTNERSHIP WITH THE ESTATE OF THE NOTORIOUS B.I.G.
- Community Bank System, Inc. Announces Quarterly Common Stock Dividend and Results of Annual Shareholders' Meeting
- New Rochelle Police Department Holds Annual Memorial and Awards Ceremony
- Keen-Summit Capital Partners Wins ABI Asset Sales Committee's Fourth Annual "Asset Sale of the Year"