- Rochester: Mayor Releases 4th Episode of State of the City
- City of New Rochelle Announces Soft Launch of New Bike Share & E-Scooter System Operated by VeoRide
- The City of Rochester Announces Implementation Plan for RASE Commission Recommendations
(Photo Credit: Maurice Mercado/City of Yonkers)
YONKERS, NY – June 10, 2021 -- Yonkers Mayor Mike Spano and Westhab, Inc. today announced their partnership of the launch of Project Connect, a new pilot program targeting unsheltered homeless in downtown Yonkers.
Project Connect, housed at 100 N. Broadway, fills a void in current social service programs and conducts outreach to the street homeless population of Yonkers, working with individuals to create short and long-term goals toward ultimately attaining permanent housing. Members of Project Connect's mobile outreach team survey unhoused individuals, those typically resistant to services, and offer a safe and private space to meet with program staff. Individuals are able to access shower facilities, meals, beds and temporary emergency accommodations while Project Connect staff attempt to connect them with necessary services.
More on Nyenta.com
- SmartAsset Raises $110 Million in Series D Funding, Bringing its Valuation to Over $1 Billion
- Colombia's Top Podcasting Platform Podway Obtains Nine (9) Nominations to the Latin Podcast Awards
- SlimCare Medical has announced the New Website Launch
- From Packs To Pitches: Global Lay's® Replay Program Gives Packaging A New Purpose With Sustainable Football Pitches USA - English USA - English
- Rochester: Food Truck Rodeos Return
"Yonkers is proud to partner with Westhab in this innovative pilot program that targets the hard to reach homeless who are typically underserved by current conventional social services," said Mayor Spano. "With this laser-focused approach, we have an opportunity to meet their needs in real time. Our hope is that Project Connect becomes a model for the County's Department of Social Services to adopt and provide more sustainable offerings in the future."
"Westhab is extremely grateful to Mayor Spano and the City of Yonkers for supporting Project Connect," said President and CEO, Richard Nightingale. "This groundbreaking program fills a gap in the current system of care for the homeless by delivering zero barrier support to the street homeless while we work on longer-term engagement. Ultimately, the program is about offering hope and the critical first step on the path towards stability."
Project Connect, operated by Westhab, is funded by the City of Yonkers through the Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Over $2.5 million in grant funding will be used to operate the two-year pilot program. Since rolling out this spring, Project Connect has already engaged over 100 individuals, placed over 15 into shelters and transitioned three individuals into permanent housing.
More on Nyenta.com
- HOME POINT CAPITAL ALERT: Bragar Eagel & Squire, P.C. Reminds Investors That a Class Action Lawsuit Has Been Filed Against Home Point Capital, Inc. and Encourages Investors to Contact the Firm
- Cryptsoft's KMIP technology strengthens security in Networked Energy Services' Advanced Metering Infrastructure solutions
- reVovler's El Show de Piolín, Luis Jimenez Pod, Alex El Genio Lucas, Nominated Latin Podcast Awards
- MetLife Announces Full Redemption of 3.048% Series C Senior Component Debentures, Tranche 2
- Chuck's Vintage, Inc., Subsidiary Of Green Stream Holdings, Inc., Featured in Social Life
About Westhab Inc:
Westhab was founded in 1981 to address the affordable housing crisis in Westchester County. Since then, it has become Westchester's largest provider of housing and services for the homeless and its largest nonprofit developer of affordable and supportive housing. Westhab is also established in New York City where it currently operates ten homeless shelters, three out-of-school-time programs in NYC schools, and serves as the lead Community-Based Organization at two community schools. Since Westhab's founding, it has built 912 affordable housing units, moved 8,635 households from homelessness into affordable housing, placed 6,815 people into employment, and delivered services to over 10,000 homeless and at-risk youth. Westhab is—Building Communities. Changing Lives. For more information visit westhab.org or follow Westhab on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
Latest on Nyenta.com
- Hepsiburada Announces Launch of Initial Public Offering
- What Is Cobwebs' Cyber Threat Intelligence and How Can It Help Secure Organizations?
- Sprinklr Announces Pricing of Initial Public Offering
- MIT Enterprise Forum of NYC Closes and Donates Cash Reserves
- Top Executive from Under Armour Joins CEO Coaching International®
- DJ Xotic Mami Signs With Mondesir Media & Communication
- BlackRock to Host Call for BCAT and BIGZ Closed-End Funds on Thursday, June 24th
- THE MAGIC OF ROB LAKE, with Broadway Pedigree, Breaks Records for Armed Forces Entertainment
- Partner Kevin J. O'Brien will be a panelist at a Lexology webinar on Thursday June 24th discussing the Meng Wanzhou case.
- BTG Pactual Strategic Capital, Morning Calm Management and Grupo Patio Launch Aurora Industrial
- TycoonInvest Launches Platform for the General Public to Invest in Startups and Small Businesses
- The National Association of Collegiate Esports Partners with Fair-Play Corporation
- RealClear Publishing Releases The New Civil War: Exposing Elites, Fighting Utopian Leftism, and Restoring America by Conservative Commentator Bruce D. Abramson
- Itero Group, LLC, Announces Leadership Addition to Salesforce Practice
- AdvisorSmith Finds the Average Savings Account Balance in the U.S
- Amesbury Elementary School Contract Awarded to CTA Construction Managers
- Blackstone Hires Global Head of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Master Agent Bridgepointe Joins The Evolve IP Partner Program
- Women-Led Fintech, Pasito, Welcomes Julie Scotland as Co-Founder and CMO
- Most Active New Venture Capital Firms Globally 2021 Released at F50 Global Capital Summit