- 'Becoming Black Lawyers' Set to Premiere on FOX SOUL Streaming Network
- Kirby McInerney LLP Announces Investigation of Shareholder Claims Against Innodata, Inc. (INOD)
- Class Action Alert: Wolf Haldenstein Adler Freeman & Herz LLP reminds investors that a securities class action lawsuit has been filed in the United States District Court for Central District of California against filed Xponential Fitness, Inc.
YONKERS, NY – December 1, 2022 – The Human Rights Campaign Foundation, in partnership with the Equality Federation Institute, released its eleventh annual Municipal Equality Index (MEI) report (https://bit.ly/3gLSYjQ), the only nationwide rating system of LGBTQ inclusion in municipal law and policy, scoring the City of Yonkers with a perfect 100 for the eighth consecutive year. Yonkers was one of 11 cities in New York to receive a perfect score and one of 120 nationally out of 506 surveyed.
"Our administration continually works toward full equality amongst our residents and employees," said Yonkers Mayor Mike Spano. "We are extremely proud to continue to be a part of the growing list of communities with a perfect score on the Municipal Equality Index. Our rating reflects diversity as Yonkers' greatest strength and the respect we have for one another, regardless of who you love."
More on Nyenta.com
- Stratum Nutrition® Expands Portfolio with Acquisition of Sage Ingredient
- MosnarCommunications.com Unveils Luxury Branding's Secret Weapon In Power of Quotes
- Tutanota LLC Extends Tender Offer for up to 500,000 Shares of Common Stock of Bristol-Myers Squibb Company
- American Cultural Treasure Urban Bush Women Dance Company Celebrates its 40th Anniversary
- April 15, 2024 Deadline: Contact Levi & Korsinsky to Join Class Action Suit Against INMD
Yonkers was specifically recognized for the following categories on its 2022 MEI Scorecard (https://bit.ly/3i7WjKB):
Ø Non-discrimination Laws
Ø Municipality as Employer
Ø Municipal Services
Ø Law Enforcement
Ø Leadership on LGBTQ Equality
Anthony Nicodemo Chair of Mayor Spano's LGBTQ Advisory Board stated, "Under the leadership of Mayor Mike Spano and former City Council Majority Leader Michael Sabatino the LGBTQ community has flourished in the City of Yonkers. Recording a 100 on the HRC MEI Report for the eighth straight year is just one example of how Yonkers is welcoming to LGBTQ people and why our community continues to grow. Today is another reason to be a proud gay Yonkersite."
Michael Sabatino, Yonkers Director of Constituent Services/Former City Council Majority Leader stated, "I am happy to see that the City of Yonkers continues to strive to respect all people no matter their orientation and welcomes them to a city that promotes equity and diversity. Special thanks to Mayor Spano for leading the way."
More on Nyenta.com
- Trupanion, Inc. (TRUP) Investigation: Bronstein, Gewirtz & Grossman, LLC Encourages Investors to Seek Compensation for Alleged Wrongdoings
- Lay's Partners with Football Icons David Beckham and Thierry Henry to Surprise 75,000 Fans in Epic Return of 'No Lay's, No Game'
- Lazard Global Total Return and Income Fund Declares Monthly Distribution and Issues Estimated Sources of the Distribution Announced in January
- Total Care Auto Body: A Los Angeles Body Shop Focused on Excellence is Ready to Serve Angelenos
- Kirby McInerney LLP Announces the Filing of a Securities Class Action on Behalf of Innodata, Inc. Investors
The 2022 MEI reveals that cities across the nation are not waiting for their states to extend vital protections to the LGBTQ community, nor are they intimidated by some state elected officials threatening to deny cities the ability to extend fully inclusive protections to their residents and workers. This year, a record-breaking 120 cities earned the highest score of 100, up from 11 in 2012's inaugural index, the MEI's inaugural year, illustrating the striking advancements municipalities have made despite some being in states that have seen increased extremist-led anti-LGBTQ+ rhetoric and legislation.
Latest on Nyenta.com
- Nominations Now Open for Henry Schein Medical's Athletics and Schools 2024 Rising Star Award
- Kim Estes Selected as Master of Ceremonies for International Women's Day Gala for 2024
- Best Cost Segregation Study Services (2024): Review Published by Better Business Advice
- Yesn Labels Launches High-Quality Self-Adhesive Labels For Businesses And People
- Law Offices of R. Ross Jacinto: A New Chapter in Pasadena's Legal Landscape
- Breaking Barriers: Coexilia Unveils Egocheck, A New Concept To Foster Unity And Harmony
- INNODATA SHAREHOLDER ACTION REMINDER: Securities Litigation Partner James (Josh) Wilson Encourages Investors Who Suffered Losses Exceeding $50,000 In Innodata To Contact Him Directly To Discuss Their Options
- KBRA Assigns Preliminary Ratings to Chase Home Lending Mortgage Trust 2024-RPL1 (CHASE 2024-RPL1)
- Strat-O-Matic Opening Day At Glen Head, N.Y. Headquarters A Big Hit For Fans
- EEi Ushers in New Era, Executive Enterprise Institute Conference Returns To New York in June 2024
- FOX News Channel's Bret Baier to Interview Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy in Ukraine on Thursday, February 22nd
- ARC Fund Launches with Underrepresented Founders to Increase Alternative Capital for Impact Entrepreneurs Facing Scarcity of VC Money
- Ongoing Digitization of UK Legal Sector Elevates Exposure to Cyber Risks -- Nic Miller, Counter-Ransomware (C-RW)
- The Book of Quint novel prequel to JAWS sells out of first printing within 2 months
- MAISON SOLUTIONS SHAREHOLDER ACTION REMINDER: Securities Litigation Partner James (Josh) Wilson Encourages Investors Who Suffered Losses Exceeding $25,000 In Maison Solutions To Contact Him Directly To Discuss Their Options
- Maritime Association of the Port of NY & NJ announces 2024 International Maritime Hall honorees
- The Patina Collective to Feature 20 Rare Vehicles from the Youngtimers Era at The Amelia Cars and Caffeine - Saturday March 2, 2024 - 9am - 1pm
- Artemis and Boldyn Networks Showcase 700 Mbps Mobile Network in Times Square
- Albany Home Inspector Offers Free Continuing Education to Real Estate Agents
- BreeKay x Kasairi Join That's Not Christian Podcast as TNC Media Expands its Lineup