- Maybesoon Drops New Music Video for "Hill Street."
- Neurocrine Biosciences to Host Analyst Day on December 5, 2023
- ROSEN, TOP RANKED INVESTOR COUNSEL, Encourages Arbor Realty Trust, Inc. Investors to Inquire About Securities Class Action Investigation – ABR
Yonkers Mayor Mike Spano expressed his gratitude for the investment made by the federal partners, saying "This is an acknowledgement of the nation's underserved communities who suffered from decades of environmental injustice. Increasing our urban tree canopy and providing more green space will vastly improve the quality of life of our residents and create healthier generations to come. Yonkers is committed to be a more sustainable, greener and equitable place for our families to live, work and play."
Yonkers is one of 385 communities in the nation awarded funding through the Urban and Community Forestry Program, which is dedicated to enhancing and expanding the nation's urban forest resources. Groundwork Hudson Valley, one of Yonkers' local partners in addressing climate change and achieving sustainability goals in the city, also received a $5.5 million grant from the U.S. Forest Service to expand their programs that offer education and job training toward careers in environmental sustainability.
More on Nyenta.com
- Bit Digital, Inc. Announces Monthly Production Update for November 2023
- Morgan Stanley China A Share Fund, Inc. Declares a Dividend
- Barker, Pasha and Vokac receive prestigious 54th annual USS Admiral of the Ocean Sea Awards
- New Rochelle: Free 2 Hour Holiday Parking December 1-31
- New Rochelle: Opportunity Youth Part Initiative (OYP) 3rd Anniversary Celebration
Executive Director Oded Holzinger said "This is a pivotal moment for the City of Yonkers...We are now positioned to pick up our shovels and tools and work together across the city to create a more climate resilient Yonkers."
Studies have shown that trees in communities are associated with improved physical and mental health, lower average temperatures during extreme heat, increased food security, as well as new economic opportunities. This historic funding will help support projects that increase tree cover in disadvantaged communities while providing equitable access to nature's benefits with tangible economic and ecological benefits for urban and Tribal communities across America.
For more information on Yonkers Climate Action Plan visit www.yonkersny.gov
The City of Yonkers has been granted $1 million from the U.S Department of Agriculture's Forest Service towards planting trees as part of their efforts towards combating extreme heat caused by climate change as per their recently released Climate Action Plan which focuses on reducing heat island effects in southwest Yonkers .
Yonkers Mayor Mike Spano expressed his gratitude for this investment made by federal partners saying "This is an acknowledgement of nation's underserved communities who suffered from decades environmental injustice...Increasing our urban tree canopy will vastly improve quality life for our residents creating healthier generations come."
More on Nyenta.com
- Unlocking the Magic of Miami Beach
- Introducing Scuba Diving Industry Magazine
- JEGI CLARITY Has Advised Hal Leonard On Its Merger With Muse Group, With Investment From Francisco Partners
- Celebrate the Season with COMFORT & JOY: Glam Rock Soul Christmas Concert by Victor & Aisha Jackson
- Financial Literacy Advocate Jim Silbernagel Selected to Appear on Spotlight Television
The city was one among 385 other communities awarded funding through Urban Community Forestry Program which dedicated towards enhancing expanding nation's urban forest resources . Groundwork Hudson Valley ,one local partners addressing climate change achieving sustainability goals city also received $5 .5 million grant U .S Forest Service expand their programs offering education job training towards careers environmental sustainability .
Executive Director Oded Holzinger said "This pivotal moment City Yonkers...We now positioned pick up shovels tools work together across city create more climate resilient Yonker ."
Studies have shown that trees communities associated improved physical mental health ,lower average temperatures during extreme heat ,increased food security well new economic opportunities . This historic funding help support projects increase tree cover disadvantaged communities while providing equitable access nature's benefits tangible economic ecological benefits urban Tribal communities across America . For more information on Climate Action Plan visit www .yonker ny .gov
Latest on Nyenta.com
- Pritchard Industries Acquires ACP Facility Services
- KBRA Named Ratings Agency Of The Year at Second Annual SFR Industry Awards
- Coming Up On Fox Business Financial Industry Legend Tom Hegna
- The Museum at FIT Presents Statement Sleeves
- TVA Media Group Joins Powerhouse Agency Network Unite Digital
- KBRA Assigns Preliminary Ratings to MSWF 2023-2
- India Fest 2024 on Jan 27, 2024 at KY Expo Center
- Tune In to Fox Business for an Interview with Short-Term Rental Expert Leslie Anne Morris
- Doug Gillespie Appointed CEO of Beauty By Imagination, Inc.
- Fourth Edition of 'Women's International Champions Cup Best XI Presented by Ally' Team Announced
- Jodee Singz releases new single "Jijem" to all major platforms
- iOT365 Launches Pioneering SaaS Solution for Operational Technology Security
- Genuine Hospitality, LLC Adds the Hampton Inn - Columbia, MO to Growing Portfolio
- OneKey® MLS Board of Managers Welcomes Tom Hurdelbrink, Veteran Real Estate Industry Leader
- REA 'Peace of Mind on the Move' Study achieves Highly Commended recognition in the category Excellence in Coaching by ABP November 2023
- Revolutionizing FEC Chain Stores with Our Cutting-Edge Ordering& Warehousing System
- QuBind.com Makes Major Strides in T-Cell Immunotherapy with Revolutionary AI Innovation
- SHAREHOLDER ALERT: The Gross Law Firm Notifies Shareholders of Illumina, Inc. of a Class Action Lawsuit and a Lead Plaintiff Deadline of January 9, 2024 - (NASDAQ: ILMN)
- Media Personality Cyrus Webb celebrates 20 years and over 12,000 guests on Conversations LIVE radio show
- COMERICA ALERT: Bragar Eagel & Squire, P.C. is Investigating Comerica Incorporated on Behalf of Long-Term Stockholders and Encourages Investors to Contact the Firm