"The Yonkers Open C-PACE program offers a valuable new opportunity for energy efficiency and renewable energy investment at commercial buildings, which are among the largest generators of greenhouse gas emissions in our city," said Mayor Mike Spano. "With the recent moratoriums on new natural gas connections throughout Southern Westchester, parts of New York City and Long Island, Yonkers is proud to be the first large city in New York to establish this financing tool that will help make energy efficiency and renewable energy technology a cost-effective solution and support the growth of our clean energy economy."
More on Nyenta.com
- Andrew Jones first-ever Collections Curated by Designers of Distinction auction will be held Feb 23
- Spine Care Technologies Inc. and Zober Industries Inc. Announce Strategic Alliance
- Spine Care Technologies Inc. to attend Arab Health2020 in Dubai, UAE
- IAOP and The Rockefeller Foundation Announce Winners of 2020 Global Impact Sourcing Award
- Daniel Imperato CEO of Octobotic Inc. Taps Vinod Sujan Fmr. Oracle Exec. & Aarzoo founder
Open C- PACE is offered as a public benefit, with repayment secured through a special assessment lien on the benefitted property. Open C-PACE gives commercial property owners access to third-party capital on favorable terms, without placing any burden on the City. Unlike traditional banks loans, Open C-PACE provides financing for up to 100% of the project cost, can be combined with other financing and covers terms up to the expected life of the improvement.
"EIC is seeing interest state-wide from property owners who recognize the economic and environmental benefits of energy efficiency and renewable energy projects. I am especially excited to welcome Yonkers, one of the five largest cities in New York State, to EIC's Open C-PACE program," stated Susan Morth, Executive Director of Energy Improvement Corporation.
The Yonkers C-PACE program was developed over the last year under the advisement of the Yonkers Green City Advisory Committee and the Mayor's Office of Sustainability. Legislation authorizing the program was introduced by Mayor Spano and approved unanimously by the Yonkers City Council.
More on Nyenta.com
- IAOP and HCL Announce Winners of the Red Ladder Women in Outsourcing Awards
- Axiros Solution Enables Electronic Frontier UK to Manage Multiple Client Devices and CPE in the Telco/ISP Market
- Saelig Introduces PicoScope 4-Channel 16GHz Sampler-Extended Real-Time Oscilloscope
- Yonkers Mayor Mike Spano Endorses Mike Bloomberg for President of the United States
- Air Duct Cleaning NJ - Why Should I Clean my Home Air Ducts?
"C-PACE financing can play a key role in facilitating energy efficiency and renewable energy upgrades at large buildings, which can significantly reduce our local demand for natural gas and lower carbon emissions," said Jason Baker, Director of Sustainability for the City of Yonkers and Chair of the Yonkers Green City Advisory Committee.
The Yonkers Open C-PACE financing program is available to qualified commercial property owners, including non-profit and for-profit corporations, limited liability companies, partnerships, real estate investment trusts, or any property owner other than an individual or government property owners. Property owners seeking financing for clean energy improvements to their commercial buildings are encouraged to visit www.energizeny.org to learn more and apply.
Latest on Nyenta.com
- Philadelphia Designer Headed to NYC Fashion Week
- Stone Harbor Emerging Markets Income Fund Declares Monthly Distributions Of $0.17 Per Share
- Viscosity North America Welcomes Two More From the Oracle ACE Program: Gary Gordhamer & Sean Scott
- Buffalo: Mayor Brown, Police Commissioner Lockwood Meet with Cities United
- Buffalo: Mayor Brown Announces the Beginning of Shoreline Apartments Demolition Project
- Daniel Gale Sotheby's International Realty's CEO Named Among the Most Powerful in Real Estate
- Educational Classes on Long Term Care Planning by Les Robinson CLTC Class list for 2020
- Albany: RFP 2020:05 Professional Engineering Services - Quail St. Boxing Gym Building Renovation
- Janeane Garofalo headlines Standup 2020 Comedy Show
- 2020 Vision—What You'll See from Bodegas LAN This Year
- NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF MINORITY SPEAKERS: Using diverse voices to ignite change
- Vulcan Boot Camp Receives 2019 Savannah Award
- Golf Gum® and the Liquid Core® Delivery System, Capable of Fueling Better Scores, Announce Debut of SPACE STATION® Distribution Device at PGA Show
- MobilDrTech, Inc. enhances their medical product line with Acumentrics' Pack-Power™ System
- W.J. Castle, P.E. & Assoc., P.C. (CASTLE) has been honored by New Jersey Alliance for Action as a 2019 Distinguished Engineering Award Recipient
- Broccoli City Reveals 2020 Festival Lineup And Announces Its Return To The Nation's Capital For Eighth Annual Celebration Of Music, Art And Culture
- Albany: City Employees Family Skate Night with Music Food & Fun!
- Patron Saint of Fallen Women Comedian TESSA FLEMING Headlines the GingerNewYork TV Show in Manhattan
- New App, Daily Haloha, Restores our Sense of Humanity
- Jennifer Schlueter Joins GAMCO Investors as Chief Communications Officer