"The Yonkers Open C-PACE program offers a valuable new opportunity for energy efficiency and renewable energy investment at commercial buildings, which are among the largest generators of greenhouse gas emissions in our city," said Mayor Mike Spano. "With the recent moratoriums on new natural gas connections throughout Southern Westchester, parts of New York City and Long Island, Yonkers is proud to be the first large city in New York to establish this financing tool that will help make energy efficiency and renewable energy technology a cost-effective solution and support the growth of our clean energy economy."
More on Nyenta.com
- Sage IT Announces New Chief Customer Officer
- IAOP Announces Its 2020 Awards Season
- Connected Real Estate Magazine Joins the 2019 PropTech Challenge as Silver Sponsor
- Triage Partners Integrates Incoming Quality Inspection (IQC) and Acceptable Quality Level (AQL) Testing in WipIT™ Software System
- Insite Risk Management Adds Two Seasoned Executives To Its Leadership Roster
Open C- PACE is offered as a public benefit, with repayment secured through a special assessment lien on the benefitted property. Open C-PACE gives commercial property owners access to third-party capital on favorable terms, without placing any burden on the City. Unlike traditional banks loans, Open C-PACE provides financing for up to 100% of the project cost, can be combined with other financing and covers terms up to the expected life of the improvement.
"EIC is seeing interest state-wide from property owners who recognize the economic and environmental benefits of energy efficiency and renewable energy projects. I am especially excited to welcome Yonkers, one of the five largest cities in New York State, to EIC's Open C-PACE program," stated Susan Morth, Executive Director of Energy Improvement Corporation.
The Yonkers C-PACE program was developed over the last year under the advisement of the Yonkers Green City Advisory Committee and the Mayor's Office of Sustainability. Legislation authorizing the program was introduced by Mayor Spano and approved unanimously by the Yonkers City Council.
More on Nyenta.com
- Luigi's Original Cannoli Pie of Bridgeport, CT Receives Kosher Certification
- BiKi.com Makes a Splash at Consensus Singapore: Invest Asia 2019
- Havas New York CEO Laura Maness to Provide Opening Keynote at USA-Central Europe Women in Business Summit
- Cardiovascular Disease Related Peptides Are Now Accessible at Creative Peptides
- Global Institutional Investors To Increase Alternative Data Usage, Proficiency In Machine Learning Set For Growth
"C-PACE financing can play a key role in facilitating energy efficiency and renewable energy upgrades at large buildings, which can significantly reduce our local demand for natural gas and lower carbon emissions," said Jason Baker, Director of Sustainability for the City of Yonkers and Chair of the Yonkers Green City Advisory Committee.
The Yonkers Open C-PACE financing program is available to qualified commercial property owners, including non-profit and for-profit corporations, limited liability companies, partnerships, real estate investment trusts, or any property owner other than an individual or government property owners. Property owners seeking financing for clean energy improvements to their commercial buildings are encouraged to visit www.energizeny.org to learn more and apply.
Latest on Nyenta.com
- New Rochelle Boosts Local Businesses with New Resident Discount Card
- Albany: RFP 2019:29 Quackenbush Square Cooling Tower
- Perfect Body Laser and Aesthetics® Now Has Cynosure's Synchro REPLA:Y, The World's Fastest and Most Powerful Alexandrite Laser Technology
- Which companies are using Erlang, and why? #MyTopdogStatus
- Stratum Nutrition Welcomes David Hoover as Marketing Coordinator
- The Brooklyn Heights Designer Showhouse returns September 2019
- Buffalo: Mayor Brown, Commissioner Lockwood, And BPDNET Bring Hiring Opportunities into the JFK Neighborhood
- Mayor Brown Announces Free Museum Day in Buffalo!
- Moodify Raises $1.6M Funding for Advanced Functional Scents
- AccessLex Institute to Serve as Title Sponsor of National Pre-Law Diversity Initiatives, Inc.'s Outreach Events
- 20 Gutter Facts for 20 Years of The Brothers Who Just Do Gutters
- Smithtown Children's Foundation 2019 Community Table Relocates
- New study looks at whether your business writing is effective
- The Biafran Conscriptors: Memoirs of the Nigerian-Biafra Civil War (1967-1970)
- Fashion: ANTORINI enters the fashion world – an achievement celebrated across the globe
- BBQ RESCUES! Foundation Volunteer Hollywood Actress Katrina Kenally is in the Running for Maxim Covergirl
- Midland, TX is the Best City for Real Estate Sales Agents
- Author Launches Column Accompanying Debut Book
- Journeypure And After The Impact Announce New Intensive Wellness Program For Leaders, Legends And Heroes
- Riskpulse Launches Riskpulse OnTime, The Next Generation of Actionable Intelligence for Service Prediction & Delay Mitigation in Global Supply Chains