- Templeton Global Income Fund Announces Update on Investment Adviser Transition to Saba Capital
- LI-CYCLE DEADLINE ALERT: Securities Litigation Partner James (Josh) Wilson Encourages Investors Who Suffered Losses In Li-Cycle To Contact Him Directly To Discuss Their Options
- Revolutionize Tracking with the iLocate Mini Tracker from Endoacustica Europe!
The TB declaration includes strong language on ending TB by 2030, however, AHF believes that global leaders must ensure it translates to action to protect people from a disease that's preventable, treatable, and curable. Guillermina Alaniz, Director of Global Advocacy and Policy at AHF said: "The U.N. declaration on tuberculosis is promising as it outlines commitments that the TB community has advocated for, including committing $5 billion annually to the TB response, universal access to TB treatment and services, incorporating civil society in TB strategies, and integrating TB services with primary and HIV healthcare settings."
Regarding the PPPR declaration, AHF Chief of Global Advocacy and Policy Terri Ford said: "The U.N.'s pandemic declaration does not do nearly enough to create a more transparent, accountable, and cooperative pandemic agreement that can protect all countries from future outbreaks." Ford added: "Asking for countries to 'mobilize domestic public resources as the main source of financing' for PPPR is unacceptable – the Pandemic Fund was established for a reason, and we urge wealthy nations to ensure it has the $10 billion it needs immediately."
More on Nyenta.com
- New York Junior League Announces its 2024 Outstanding Sustainers and Outstanding Volunteers to Be
- Kirby McInerney LLP Announces the Filing of a Securities Class Action on Behalf of Dollar General Corporation (DG) Investors
- Rochester: Updates on Pulaski Building Fire
- Cboe Global Markets to Present at the Goldman Sachs 2023 U.S. Financial Services Conference Wednesday, December 6
- Dominating Business Intelligence: Informer Tops the BI & Analytics Survey for the Fourth Time
AHF believes everyone globally should have access to adequate and affordable healthcare; however, UHC must not come at the cost of other programs and responses struggling to survive amid resource scarcity. Denys Nazarov, Director of Global Policy and Communications at AHF said: "While universal health coverage is an admirable goal to strive for, existing responses must be fully funded before global efforts shift to it – namely The Global Fund, The Pandemic Fund, and the global TB response." Nazarov added: "We cannot allow the Global North to define UHC for the Global South; stakeholders and implementers must be involved at all levels of planning and implementation."
AHF expressed their disappointment that world leaders did not make concrete commitments on PPPR but had tempered optimism that the ambitious commitments outlined in the tuberculosis declaration would be met after falling short on the 2018 TB declaration. They urged decisionmakers to make stronger commitments on equity for vaccines and medical commodities as well as local vaccine production in Global South regions and countries while also calling for a minimum standard for pandemic preparedness capacity which wealthy countries should help lower-income countries meet financially.
Filed Under: Business
Latest on Nyenta.com
- Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) Market size in APAC to grow by USD 291.19 million from 2022 to 2027, Increasing M&A to drive growth - Technavio
- Advcash adds instant Pix payments in Brazil
- Mobile Power Generation Equipment Rentals Market to increase by USD 629.21 million during 2022-2027 | Increasing infrastructural activities to drive the growth - Technavio
- Floris United Methodist Church announces first-ever mission trip for people with disabilities
- Rochester: – Edgerton R-Center Model Railroad Delivers Holiday Cheer During Special December Hours
- SHAREHOLDER ALERT: Pomerantz Law Firm Investigates Claims On Behalf of Investors of Sweetgreen, Inc. - SG
- DOLLAR GENERAL ALERT: Bragar Eagel & Squire, P.C. Announces that a Class Action Lawsuit Has Been Filed Against Dollar General Corporation and Encourages Investors to Contact the Firm
- SHAREHOLDER ALERT: Pomerantz Law Firm Investigates Claims On Behalf of Rockley Photonics Holdings Limited - RKLY; RKLY.W
- Sip Social Co. Partners With Omnify To Streamline User Experience Across Growing Operations
- AmatoMartin Strengthens Market Presence with Acquisition of Valpak Increasing Capabilities Across Mailboxes and Digital Platforms
- Gary Cross of Maher Terminals named 2024 Person of the Year by the NYNJFFFBA
- New Rochelle: Free 2 Hour Holiday Parking December 1-31
- Fred Nassiri Relaunches "Love Sees No Colour"
- A Culinary Haven in Little Caribbean, Brooklyn, Captures Hearts and Palates
- New Book 'The Kelsey Outrage' by Alison Hubbard Launching January 25th, 2024
- The Dog Gurus Bring Light to Mysterious Respiratory Illness in Dogs
- Sphere To Feature First-Of-Its-Kind Exosphere Activation With The Radio City Rockettes This Holiday Season
- Miss Grass Launches "Faces Of Cannabis" to Dismantle Harmful Stereotypes of the Cannabis Community
- SMBC Hires Paul Burke to Lead New Capital Solutions Group
- National Widowers Organization Announces Appointment of Eric Washington to the Board of Directors