- SVB DEADLINE ALERT: Securities Litigation Partner James (Josh) Wilson Encourages Investors Who Suffered Losses Exceeding $100,000 In SVB To Contact Him Directly To Discuss Their Options
- The Magic School Bus: Lost In The Solar System Live At Tribeca PAC
- COINBASE INVESTOR ALERT: Securities Litigation Partner James (Josh) Wilson Encourages Investors Who Suffered Losses Exceeding $50,000 In Coinbase To Contact Him Directly To Discuss Their Options
NEW YORK, Jan. 26, 2023 /PRNewswire/ -- Robin Hood, the largest philanthropy focused on fighting poverty in New York City, joined forces with Goldman Sachs, a premiere global banking and investment institution, to present the Rising Leaders Forum, an invitation-only event for rising investors and philanthropists. The inaugural forum for young leaders included sessions with CEOs, leading philanthropists, academics, activists, and athletes —all of whom are focused on making a sustainable impact in New York and across the globe. Nearly 300 of the top investing, entrepreneurial, and innovative thinkers shared insights and case studies on data-driven grant-making, public-private partnerships, and the role of advocacy.
"Our city, state and nation must become more equitable and just, and the next generation of leaders and philanthropists have a critical role to play in achieving that vision," said Richard R. Buery, Jr., Robin Hood CEO. "The participants in the Rising Leaders Forum, like Robin Hood's donors and supporters, want to make sure that one's starting point in life does not define where one ends up. We want New York City to be the world's greatest engine for opportunity and a place where everyone gets a fair shot. I was gratified to share time with these next generation leaders who are ready and willing to support the 1.4 million New Yorkers who live in poverty."
"Goldman Sachs is proud to join with Robin Hood to bring together some of the brightest minds in philanthropy to share strategies and develop meaningful solutions to fight entrenched poverty in New York and beyond," said Dina Powell McCormick, Goldman Sachs Global Head of Sustainability and Inclusive Growth and incoming Chair of Robin Hood. "We're humbled by the participants and believe our inaugural forum will help equip the next generation of leaders and innovators with the tools they need to drive sustainable impact by leveraging their power and influence across capital and networks. Building a more inclusive society begins with driving economic empowerment and opportunity for all."
More on Nyenta.com
- Where to Commission a Custom 1/6 Head Sculpt?
- Shima Capital's Founder Yida Gao Teaches Crypto Finance Course at MIT
- Max Amini Announces Powerful Interview with Reza Pahlavi, Former Crown Prince of Iran; to Premiere April 1st
- Trump Bus rolls into Georgia Ron DeSantis event overshadowing Tiny Desantis box truck at Veterans for Trump lead mini-rally
- Palos Verdes Real Estate Agent Promotes Homes To MORE Opportune Buyers For Significantly MORE Money
The Rising Leaders Forum builds upon Goldman Sachs' long record of driving inclusive growth through strategic philanthropy. In addition to supporting clients on their giving strategies, Goldman Sachs has deployed more than $3 billion in philanthropic capital to over 9,000 non-profits globally in the last decade.
Game-changing initiatives including Goldman Sachs' 10,000 Small Businesses and 10,000 Women have advanced economic opportunity and growth for nearly 200,000 small business owners globally. One Million Black Women, a $10 billion initiative built on Goldman Sachs research that demonstrated the potential for increasing GDP growth by narrowing the wage gap for black women, has been recognized for its unique and innovative approach to addressing social and economic disparities. Goldman Sachs Gives, has created signature initiatives supporting the most innovative leaders in the global philanthropic sector with over $2 billion in grant-making. In recent years, the fund has collaborated with veterans returning from service; supported underserved students by granting more than $450 million in need-based financial aid at more than 400 colleges and universities, and most recently, worked to ensure Ukrainians have support, resources and economic opportunity.
This year's forum showcased impact in action by sharing the model used by Robin Hood. Over its 35-year history, Robin Hood has invested more than $3 billion in the fight against poverty, fueling some of the city's most impactful and effective human service organizations across all five boroughs. Through its advocacy and grantmaking, hundreds of thousands of New Yorkers have found permanent escapes from poverty. The Robin Hood model was presented by its CEO, Richard Buery, Jr. and John Griffin, founder of Blue Ridge Capital and the organization's outgoing board chair.
Robin Hood has more than 460 active grants, totaling more than $217 million at work across the city's five boroughs tackling the immediate needs of New Yorkers, as well as confronting long-term conditions that enable poverty to persist. Robin Hood's approach is evidence-based, informed by its proximity to community voices closest to the issues driving poverty, a convener of leaders across sectors driving partnerships focused on problem-solving and a tradition of taking risks and making smart bets on solutions that help New Yorkers permanently escape poverty.
Robin Hood's grantmaking and advocacy is centered around driving solutions to issues like hunger, homelessness, affordable and supportive housing, job training and workforce development, immigration and legal aid, early childhood development, education, access to public benefits, health disparities, and capacity building for non-profit organizations working on the frontlines of the fight against poverty.
More on Nyenta.com
- Moore Kuehn Encourages DFFN, KMF, CSTI, and BGRY Investors to Contact Law Firm
- Access Control Systems Expands and Rebrands as Guardian Access Solutions as Part of Increased Service Offerings
- Peachtree Immediate Care Opens Urgent Care Clinic in Marietta
- Olga Torres Named Top Advisor by Foreign Investment Watch
- Attorney Steve Hilst Named Partner at Bisnar Chase
Speakers at the Rising Leaders Forum who volunteered their time and expertise included:
- Mark Bezos, co-founder, HighPost Capital; director, Bezos Family Foundation
- Tory Burch, executive chairman & chief creative officer, Tory Burch LLC & Tory Burch Foundation
- Barbara Bush, vice president of social impact, NBA; co-founder & board member, Global Health Corps
- Lauren Bush-Lauren, founder, FEED
- Geoffrey Canada, president, Harlem Children's Zone
- Misty Copeland, ballerina & founder, The Misty Copeland Foundation
- Allyson Felix, athlete, track & field Olympian; founder & president, Saysh
- Thelma Golden, director & chief curator, The Studio Museum in Harlem
- Tom Hanks, award-winning actor, producer, writer & director; founder, Hanx For Our Troops
- John King Jr., J.D., Ed.D., chancellor, State University of New York (SUNY)
- Karlie Kloss, supermodel, entrepreneur & founder, Kode With Klossy
- Marc Lasry, chairman, chief executive officer & co-founder, Avenue Capital Group
- Richard Lovett, co-chairman, Creative Artists Agency (CAA)
- Alexis Ohanian, tech founder & venture capitalist, Reddit, Seven Seven Six and 776 Foundation
- Dr. Ruth J. Simmons, president, Prairie View A&M University
- Henry Timms, president & chief executive officer, Lincoln Center
- Paul Tudor Jones II, founder, co-chairman & chief investment officer, Tudor Investment Corporation; founder, Robin Hood
- Darren Walker, president, Ford Foundation
- Danielle Weisberg, co-founder & co-CEO, theSkimm
- Russell Wilson, Super Bowl champion, entrepreneur & philanthropist
- Carly Zakin, co-founder & co-CEO, theSkimm
View the full list of speakers here
About Goldman Sachs
Goldman Sachs is a leading global financial institution that delivers a broad range of financial services across investment banking, securities, investment management and consumer banking to a large and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
About Robin Hood
Robin Hood has been fighting poverty in New York City since 1988. Because Robin Hood's board covers all overhead, 100% of every donation goes directly to the poverty fight. Last year, Robin Hood awarded $172 million in grants, filling a critical void during the COVID-19 pandemic by providing cash assistance, meals, housing, healthcare, education, and other urgent needs to one million New Yorkers impacted by COVID-19, as well as funding an array of programs and initiatives developed to elevate families out of poverty in New York City. Follow the organization on Twitter @RobinHoodNYC and learn more at www.robinhood.org.
SOURCE Robin Hood
Filed Under: Business
Latest on Nyenta.com
- Sherry Orel Joins STS Capital Partners
- American Equus Expands Product Line with Suomy Riding Helmets
- Lewy Body Dementia Resource Center Introduces a New Video Production
- Arbutus Medical Launches TrakPak® with QuikBow™ to Improve Skeletal Traction, Announces Successful Cases
- Waterleaf International, LLC Announces Hiring of Chief Sales Officer
- Experimental Detachment: Why Avant-Garde Fashion Is Starting to Feel Tone-Deaf
- EVERWILD Returns To Legend Valley With Lineup Featuring Pepper, Bone Thugs-N-Harmony, and host band Tropidelic
- World's First AI-Generated Satirical News Website Launches, Outperforms Humans in Humor and Intelligence
- Kookalimba Launches KooKalimba 17 keys Acrylic Kalimba
- Fab Figures releases 1:6th Scale Female Long Sleeve Faux Leather Jackets
- SAREPTA ALERT: Bragar Eagel & Squire, P.C. is Investigating Sarepta Therapeutics, Inc. on Behalf of Sarepta Stockholders and Encourages Investors to Contact the Firm
- Striction BP [[Update Mar2023!]]- Is It Safe? Must Read This
- Genie Script: 20 Word Script by Wesley Virgin
- BMI WINS MASSIVE VICTORY FOR SONGWRITERS, COMPOSERS & PUBLISHERS FOR LIVE CONCERT RATES
- Sky Harbour Group Corporation Announces its 2022 Financial Results, Modification of SH Capital's 2021 Project Portfolio, Recapitalization of its Obligated Group, and Opening of its Campus at Miami-Opa Locka Executive Airport
- Jake Paul Teams Up with The Berman Team, Sponsored by Berman Law Group for charity event supporting Boxing Bullies
- Matt Fogelgren to Join Cleartelligence Executive Team as Chief Revenue Officer
- ACI's Forum on FinTech & Emerging Payment Systems is back to New York City!
- Keebos Unveils Keebos 2.0: The Ultimate Crossbody Phone Case
- Kookalimba Launches K80M Loving Heart Mini Kalimba, the Perfect Musical Companion