- Templeton Global Income Fund Announces Update on Investment Adviser Transition to Saba Capital
- LI-CYCLE DEADLINE ALERT: Securities Litigation Partner James (Josh) Wilson Encourages Investors Who Suffered Losses In Li-Cycle To Contact Him Directly To Discuss Their Options
- Hustle and Threads Unveils a Collection of Inspiring Goods to Ignite Entrepreneurial Spirits
The nonprofit organization, along with its donors and allies, pledges to battle for another 50 years in the courthouse and the statehouse against the renewed onslaught on the LGBTQ+ community with an emphasis on protecting transgender communities
NEW YORK and LOS ANGELES, Sept. 27, 2023 /PRNewswire/ -- In October, during LGBTQ+ History Month, Lambda Legal – the country's oldest and largest nonprofit dedicated to advancing the legal rights of LGBTQ+ people and everyone living with HIV – will celebrate its 50th anniversary. To mark the occasion, the leaders of the organization renew and underscore their commitment to continue that battle for the next 50 years, if necessary, and in particular to fight the recent wave of attacks targeting transgender and nonbinary people, LGBTQ+ youth, and other marginalized LGBTQ+ communities.
For the past 50 years, Lambda Legal has been at the forefront of the march to equality for the LGBTQ+ community and for everyone living with HIV. From winning the first challenge to HIV discrimination in 1983 and securing core protections for LGBTQ+ youth in schools, to its breakthrough victories securing the right to marriage for same-sex couples, Lambda Legal has driven fundamental progress in the fight for equality, dignity, and justice.
Lambda Legal will honor its historic anniversary with a nationwide celebration, including an in-person event in New York City on October 18. The event will be livestreamed at regional watch parties in cities across the country. For more details, please visit 50years.LambdaLegal.org. The anniversary celebration will also include an exhibition held in partnership with the American LGBTQ History Museum that debuts in November, and the upcoming publication of a Lambda Legal history book in 2024.
More on Nyenta.com
- DellaRatta, Van Zandt, Maté, Hedges and other big names WIN BIG at Jazz for Peace Comedy NFT Awards!
- Kasuri Hosts Launch Of Bespoke Jewelry Line By Hudson Based Trans Artist
- New York Junior League Announces its 2024 Outstanding Sustainers and Outstanding Volunteers to Be
- Kirby McInerney LLP Announces the Filing of a Securities Class Action on Behalf of Dollar General Corporation (DG) Investors
- Rochester: Updates on Pulaski Building Fire
"Since 1973, Lambda Legal has fiercely advocated for the LGBTQ+ community and, since the 1980s, for everyone living with HIV. No matter what effort has been launched to force us back into the closet or to undercut our fully lived equality – we have beaten back those efforts in the court of law," said Kevin Jennings, CEO of Lambda Legal. "Now more than ever, the LGBTQ+ community must and will stand up and fight for our rights. At Lambda Legal, we vow to keep fighting for the next 50 years to protect and advance our rights."
"Make no mistake, Lambda Legal is ready and prepared, and has no illusions about the fights ahead. For 50 years, we have confronted bigotry and opportunistic ignorance in many forms, defending our community and steadily establishing one-after-another breakthrough precedents in courts nationwide," stated Jenny Pizer, Chief Legal Officer of Lambda Legal. "Our litigation strategy in the coming decades will continue to be proactive and determined, challenging the cruel and blatantly unlawful policies flooding state legislatures and, now in the House of Representatives as well. We will continue to call on the American public and our elected leaders to reject the extremists working to impose their narrow, self-serving orthodoxy on all of us, to erase our entire LGBTQ+ community, and to make daily existence impossible for queer and trans youth. As we have for half a century, we will defend them fiercely. And in doing so, we will push our courts and country to honor ever more fully our founding principles of equality and freedom for everyone."
As Lambda Legal celebrates its anniversary, the organization's dedicated team continues to fight anti-LGBTQ+ legislation, particularly anti-transgender policies in more than 27 states across the country challenging discrimination in healthcare, school policies and curricula, public school sports programs, access to school restrooms and other facilities, and access to accurate identity documents.
The historic anniversary will occur during LGBTQ+ History Month, surrounding National Coming Out Day on October 11, and in advance of Trans Awareness Week from November 13-19 and the Transgender Day of Remembrance (TDOR) on November 20.
More on Nyenta.com
- Cboe Global Markets to Present at the Goldman Sachs 2023 U.S. Financial Services Conference Wednesday, December 6
- Dominating Business Intelligence: Informer Tops the BI & Analytics Survey for the Fourth Time
- Calling All Clever Leaves Holdings Inc. (CLVR) Investors: Contact Bronstein, Gewirtz & Grossman, LLC To Claim Your Losses
- BOGNER Establishes Permanent Retail Presence in the US with Bicoastal Flagship Stores
- Bragoli & Associates Announces Winner of Volunteerism Scholarship To North Babylon High School St
Learn more about Lambda Legal's 50th anniversary here.
Contact: Tom Warnke; (c): 213-841-4503; Email [email protected]
Lambda Legal is a national organization committed to achieving full recognition of the civil rights of lesbians, gay men, bisexuals, transgender people and everyone living with HIV through impact litigation, education and policy work. www.lambdalegal.org
SOURCE Lambda Legal
Filed Under: Business
Latest on Nyenta.com
- A Culinary Haven in Little Caribbean, Brooklyn, Captures Hearts and Palates
- New Book 'The Kelsey Outrage' by Alison Hubbard Launching January 25th, 2024
- The Dog Gurus Bring Light to Mysterious Respiratory Illness in Dogs
- Sphere To Feature First-Of-Its-Kind Exosphere Activation With The Radio City Rockettes This Holiday Season
- Miss Grass Launches "Faces Of Cannabis" to Dismantle Harmful Stereotypes of the Cannabis Community
- SMBC Hires Paul Burke to Lead New Capital Solutions Group
- National Widowers Organization Announces Appointment of Eric Washington to the Board of Directors
- GYMGUYZ Forges B2B Partnerships Nationwide, Making Fitness Routines Accessible Anywhere
- The Samuel Lawrence Foundation Presents Live from Dubai: First Friday Series Webinar on Dec 1
- Wohler makes the Evertz Quartz Protocol available for their iAM-SUM audio monitors & iVAM-SUM AV monitors
- Genuine Hospitality, LLC Adds Two, Southwest Florida Hotels, to Growing Portfolio
- 2024 is around the corner for Independent Pharmacies
- The CPSE Shenzhen 2023 was inaugurated on October
- SHAREHOLDER ALERT: The Gross Law Firm Notifies Shareholders of DocGo Inc. of a Class Action Lawsuit and a Lead Plaintiff Deadline of December 26, 2023 - (NASDAQ: DCGO)
- Delisting and Cancellation of Trading From the London Stock Exchange
- KX LAUNCHES KDB.AI SERVER EDITION FOR ENTERPRISE-SCALE GENERATIVE AI USA - English USA - English India - English
- The Single Domain Antibody Revolution
- Holiday Market Opens at the New Rochelle Train Station
- Breast Cancer Survivor Unveils Groundbreaking Mentoring Program Empowering Virtual Assistants
- Labaton Sucharow LLP Announces Securities Class Action Lawsuit Filed Against Roblox Corporation and Certain Executives