"Buffalo is a stronger, vibrant and more inclusive city of opportunity because of the contributions of thousands of immigrants who live in our community," said Mayor Brown. "We're proud of the investments we've made to help residents successfully pursue their dreams, ensuring that they and their families will be able to call Buffalo home for generations to come. I thank Jody K. Biehl and Brendan Bannon for bringing some of their stories to life through photographs."
More on Nyenta.com
- Passfeed Expands Its Financial Repertoire
- UVify wins Silver in the 2019 National AI Challenge
- Albany: EIGHT CHARGED WITH WEAPONS POSSESSION
- Passfeed: The Go-To App for Shopping and Entertainment
- AdQuire Media Welcomes Chris Ambrosio as Chief Revenue Officer
Director Lazarin stated, "Buffalo is so fortunate to have its immigrant heritage long recognized and sincerely cherished. In commemorating Immigrant Heritage Month with today's photo presentation, we're altogether celebrating the city's immigrant past and forging the basis of its diverse future. It's very special to see that Buffalo's character, with its increasing festivals, languages and customs, continues to be a welcoming city and place of refuge for new arrivals."
'Finding Refuge in Buffalo' first opened on May 10th. The exhibit explores the Buffalo community's long history as a hub for refugees and immigration. It features 24 profiles of people who came to Buffalo in the past 15 years. During the program held in the lobby of Buffalo City Hall, a video, produced by UB about the project, was shown. See the video @ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yjxw0qKW-6Y. Several of those refugees and immigrants featured in the exhibit attended today's program, including Sakhi Qurbani, Ali Kadhum, Rubens Mukunzi, Zaw Win and Zayar Swe. The exhibit will be on view at the Argus Gallery, 1896 Niagara St., from June 28 through July 20th.
More on Nyenta.com
- Albany: ALBANY POLICE INVESTIGATING SHOOTING INCIDENT
- Merchants and Marketplace: A Match Made in Heaven
- RFP 2019:25 Albany Water Board Legal Services
- Dharma Platform Partners with Childfund International, Using Real-Time Data to Enhance Outreach to Vulnerable Populations
- Powerful New Book 'Love Loss Light' Speaks to Those in Grief
Immigrant Heritage Month is a month-long celebration highlighting the incredible contributions that immigrants have made and continue to make to the City of Buffalo, and our nation. At today's event, Mayor Brown also proclaimed June 2019 as Immigrant Heritage Month. As a Welcoming City, he recognizes and celebrates the diversity that makes Buffalo such a special place to live, work, invest and raise a family.
Other Immigrant Heritage Month events taking place this month include:
World Refugee Day (WRD) BuffaloLIT event
Buffalo City Hall and other historic landmark buildings and structures citywide will be lit orange and black
Saturday, June 29
The 12th Annual Burmese/Myanmar Water Festival of Buffalo 11:00 AM to 6:00 PM
Grant Street (between Auburn Ave. and Breckenridge St.)
Saturday, June 29 and Sunday, June 30 World Refugee Day Festivities
11:00 AM to 3:00 PM
Saturday, June 29
Buffalo's 16th annual Taste of Diversity Festival 11:00 AM to 7:00 PM
Grant Street (between Auburn Ave. and Lafayette Ave.)
Latest on Nyenta.com
- First New Renality Facility Open in Newnan, GA – "City of Homes"
- Stronghold Cyber Security Publishes White Paper on NIST 800-171B for Defense Contractors
- New - Very Easy Photo Editing Software For Everybody
- All Things Brooklyn Webcast: Three Good Things About Robert Moses
- Siemens Healthineers Named Recipient of 2019 Cultural Vistas Corporate Leadership Award
- Dbvisit Announces Latest Release of Oracle Standard Edition Disaster Recovery Tool
- Tokyu Hotel Corporation Announces Grand Opening of the Osaka Excel Hotel Tokyu, November 1, 2019
- New Thought Scholar Reveals the "Secret" of Think and Grow Rich
- Artisan Noodle Restaurant TATSUKI Celebrates its Grand Opening in San Diego August 1st
- Celebrating 716 Day in the City of Buffalo
- Saelig Introduces PicoScope 4823 8-Channel Automotive Oscilloscope
- Concierge Auctions Announces July/August Lineup Spanning 4 Countries and 8 U.S. States
- YINCAE Advanced Materials to Exhibit / Present at IMAPS 2019 Boston
- Do Vitamins and Supplements Really Work? New article by Plastic Surgeon Tansar Mir, MD
- Saum G To Release New Music album "Alternate Paths"
- Nystrom & Associates Celebrates 10,000 Patients Receiving Early Access with QueueDr
- Gregory Brenner Art presentation at Conception Art Exhibiition in New York City
- Local Real Estate Stager Is a Finalist in the Home Staging Industry Awards
- Women Lead the Way on New Auto Dealers Board, Earning Top Posts to Represent New York Car Retailers
- Hello Sustainable Hair: New Mom Gretchen Rossi Partners with OMORFIE