- The Story of John Finding a Pair of Sunglasses That Comfortably Fit His Watermelon Size Head
- New Rochelle: North Ave Bridge - UPDATE
- PROG SHAREHOLDER ACTION REMINDER: Securities Litigation Partner James (Josh) Wilson Encourages Investors Who Suffered Losses Exceeding $50,000 In PROG To Contact Him Directly To Discuss Their Options
"The Rochester Peace Collective will focus the energy and experience of our community's most determined anti-violence advocates to deliver lasting peace to our city," said Mayor Evans. "We know long-term change in our community must come up from the community itself. The Rochester Peace Collective will help bring violence under control for today and future generations."
The Rochester Peace Collective directs $5 million from the City's American Rescue Plan Act allocation to support anti-violence programs within existing community organizations, and is encouraging additional support from philanthropic organizations. It will also create a central clearinghouse within the Mayor's Office of Violence Prevention to establish a reporting mechanism for metrics of success and share information among the groups to help them learn from each other.
City Council is set to vote on the City's initial financial support for the Peace Collective at its December meeting.
The proposed 20 charter members of the Peace Collective and their programs are:
- Action for a Better Community: Employ the evidence-based service and counseling models Cure Violence and Restorative Justice Circle to help individuals with histories of incarceration, gang activity, and reentry develop life skills that promote non-violence.
- Agape Haven of Abundance Community Outreach Center: Provide youth whose home life is not conducive to healthy development with out-of-school safe places and enrichment programs on such topics as hunger relief, youth empowerment, community corrections and health education.
- Area U: Employ a Multi-Tiered Systems of Support intervention and prevention framework to provide "whole-person" support services to help at-risk youth develop such skills as responsibility and empathy.
- Baden Street Settlement/Metro Council for Teen Potential: Employ holistic strategies to help children overcome traumatic and adverse childhood experiences to gain a positive and confident outlook for their futures.
- Cameron Community Ministries: Provide youth with a safe and supportive environment with emergency services and programs for academic enrichment and social, emotional and cognitive health.
- Center for Dispute Settlement/Untrapped Ministries: Offer young adults a 16-week workforce development and violence-prevention program that features community service and certified training on skills including mental health first aid, peer mediation and conflict resolution.
- The Center for Youth: Provide youth development, skill attainment, legal alternatives for first-time offenders; anti-violence and anti-substance abuse assistance; workforce development; and social-emotional supports to provide restorative and trauma-informed interventions in response to school suspensions.
- Community Resource Collaborative: Provide high-risk, predominantly re-entry youth and young adults with social-emotional support for personal development and job readiness and retention.
- Conflict Management Solutions: Provide post-incarcerated individuals with the Change, Choices and You program offering social-emotional, trauma-informed counseling.
- The Fatherhood Connection: Provide the eight-week Men and Boys to Men program to help fathers in underserved, Black and brown neighborhoods become confident and competent leaders in their community and better understand their roles and responsibilities to reduce violence for best interest of their children.
- First Genesis Baptist Church: Provide teen and young adult men the Black Men Empowerment Series, featuring mentoring and decision-making workshops on setting career and education goals.
- Hope Initiatives: Pre-release and post-release job-training and affordable housing support for individuals leaving incarceration.
- Judicial Process Commission: Provide legal assistance and trauma-informed support services to help formerly incarcerated women and women affected by the criminal justice system overcome barriers to employment, find stable housing and seek reunification with their children and loved ones.
- Line 'em Up Barbering: Provide teens and young adults a six-week program job training and life-skill development to pursue careers in barbering.
- Planned Parenthood of Central and Western NY: Help youth of color overcome systemic racism and neighborhood disinvestment through positive-behavior and employment-skill development programs focused on topics including leadership, culinary arts and digital media production.
- Rise Up Rochester/Community Care Services Inc. (CCSI): Support crime victims and their families with services including housing, mediation/conflict resolution, youth development and mental health care.
- ROC the Peace/CCSI: Help those who lost a child, another family member or close friend to violence find healing and closure by bringing them together with those coping with similar losses to effectively function within an unexpected and unwelcome new reality.
- Sownd House: Provide a youth music and arts program to offer a hands-on approach to quality music production and distribution coupled with the creative expression of non-violent emotions in musical compositions.
- Villa of Hope: Support the expansion of the Juvenile Reporting Center after-school program that provides at-risk youth social, recreational and learning activities to prevent their involvement in violent and other anti-social behaviors.
- Youth Making Changes: Provide support services for young adults emerging from foster care.
News Media: For more information, contact Communications Director Barbara Pierce at Barbara.Pierce@cityofrochester.gov.
More on Nyenta.com
- Learn Window Tinting in Buffalo New York - Tint Academy USA/CANADA
- SILVERGATE SHAREHOLDER ACTION REMINDER: Securities Litigation Partner James (Josh) Wilson Encourages Investors Who Suffered Losses Exceeding $100,000 In Silvergate To Contact Him Directly To Discuss Their Options
- 3DMyRental Launches Professional 3D Floor Plan Services for Airbnb Hosts: A Game-Changing Solution for Property Rentals
- Best Online End-Of-Season Clearance Sale at Sunber Hair: $56 For A Lace Wig
- UNice Hair Partners With Awin Affiliate Marketing Network To Accelerate Business Growth
Latest on Nyenta.com
- Flawless Torres ft. Diamonique x Sean Kingston Releases "Lets Go" on 1/27/23!
- Blackstone Secured Lending Announces Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2022 Earnings Release and Conference Call
- RADIPLY RISING RADIO STATION "POWER RADIO NATION" IS HELPING BUSINESSES THRIVE IN 2023! USA - English USA - English USA - English
- We're In Paris Is Sidow Sobrino's Newly Released Song and Video
- Rochester: Motorist Advisory - Corinthian St. Downtown to Close Saturday and Sunday
- ESS ALERT: Bragar Eagel & Squire, P.C. Announces that a Class Action Lawsuit Has Been Filed Against ESS Tech, Inc. and Encourages Investors to Contact the Firm
- BNY Mellon Alcentra Global Credit Income 2024 Target Term Fund, Inc. Declares Monthly Distribution
- Abusive Russian to face Pro Wrestling Legend!
- Goldman Sachs x Robin Hood Inaugural Rising Leaders Forum Attracts Nearly 300 Young Investors to Chart Philanthropic Impact
- Jim Wilson, Top Notch Realtor in waterfront and beach properties in Redington, Redington Shores, and North Redington Beach, FLorida
- New Rochelle: Resident Input Wanted on Affordable Housing and Community Development Priorities
- Multi #1 International Best-Selling Author Jennifer S. Wilkov Announces the 2023 April Speak Up Women Conference and Call For Speakers
- Equinor and bp Bid for Third New York Offshore Wind Solicitation
- SEC EDGAR Form 13F Filing - Cost-effective Easy-to-use Self-Service Web Portal for Investment Managers and Financial Advisors
- ROSEN, LEADING TRIAL ATTORNEYS, Encourages Gaia, Inc. Investors to Secure Counsel Before Important Deadline in First Filed Securities Class Action Initiated by the Firm - GAIA
- The BuildESG Membership Expands Features to Include Benchmarking of Private Equity and Venture Capital Firms' ESG Programs
- Cascade Asset Management Releases its 9th Annual IT Asset Disposition Benchmarking Report
- New AI Tool Makes Speedy Gene-Editing Possible
- New Rochelle: Paper Collection Reminder