- New Rochelle: NRPD Observes May 15-21 as National Police Memorial Week
- Mayor Evans Releases His First Proposed City Budget 2022-23 Fiscal Year Budget Seeks to Chart Prosperous Future for Rochester & Address Six Administration Priorities
- Comedian Don Barnhart Brings Nightly Laughter To Jokesters Comedy Club In Las Vegas
In November, 2019 eight large scale #NRNY Murals made their debut around downtown New Rochelle. Created by an international group of street artists curated by Street Art for Mankind, the #NRNY Murals –- with support from the New Rochelle IDA and the New Rochelle Council on the Arts -– made a statement about New Rochelle as a diverse city where art plays a pivotal role. The #NRNY Murals drew some of the nation's leading photographers (including Martha Cooper) to New Rochelle and received media coverage around the world.
Now the New Rochelle Council on the Arts, the New Rochelle Industrial Development Agency, and curators Street Art for Mankind -- a Westchester-based global non-profit organization working with prominent street artists to create large murals all around the world -- are working on a new set of murals that is beginning taking shape around town. Once again an international group of world class artists will be creating high impact art, with the goal of putting New Rochelle on the map as the American city with one of the largest curated collections of murals.
On Sunday, May 1st the entire community is invited to a free Art Walk (a guided tour of the new murals led by Street Art for Mankind, with the artists on site to talk about their work) from 11 am to 1 pm, starting at the Radisson Plaza.
More on Nyenta.com
- Wolters Kluwer's Sandeep Sacheti Named FinTech Executive Leader of the Year
- Cornerstone and Swiftlane Announce Strategic Technology Initiative to Create Safer Rental Communities in Denver
- NYC REIT Sends Letter Urging Shareholders to Vote for Company's Incumbent Director Nominee as Annual Meeting Approaches
- TUPPERWARE ALERT: Bragar Eagel & Squire, P.C. is Investigating Tupperware Brands Corporation on Behalf of Tupperware Stockholders and Encourages Investors to Contact the Firm
- The Dog Gurus Collaborate with Blue-9 for Advancement of Dog Daycare Enrichment Programs
The Art Walk will be followed by an afternoon of free music, dance and theater performances. The NRCA was awarded a ReStart the Arts grants from ArtsWestchester to create a celebration around the murals completion: MuralFest: Celebrating Art On and Off the Walls* will take place at Library Green, the New Rochelle Public Library and New Ro Parc from 1 to 5 pm.
For complete details visit the NRCA website at www.newrochellearts.org and follow NRCA on social media (on Facebook @newrochellearts.org and on Instagram @newrochellecouncilonthearts ).
The murals are curated and produced by Street Art for Mankind (SAM), a Westchester-based global non-profit organization working with prominent street artists to create large murals all around the world. SAM is recognized for its mural series with the United Nations, but also for its Art Walk Murals with Cities to bond communities together.
Latest on Nyenta.com
- Yonkers Mayor Spano Launches Electric Powered Leaf Blower Incentive Program to Help Protect Public Health
- KBRA Releases Research – Balancing ESG Priorities Never More Challenging for Insurers
- Kirby McInerney LLP Continues Investigation of Shareholder Claims on Behalf of Teladoc Health, Inc. (TDOC) Investors
- FIT Announces Expansion of the Bob Fisch Graduate Student Award Program and Recipients of Inaugural Award for Entrepreneurial Excellence
- The world's most anticipated blockchain game "Rise of Elves", is going to launch its Closed Beta in May!
- New Book - Your Maternity Leave: The Ultimate Practical Guide (1st UK Edition) by Nathalie Koren
- IMUA Honors Six At 91st Annual Meeting
- Noted storyteller and technologist Angelica McKinley joins the board of NMHA
- West Shore Construction Named #1 Hurricane Fabric Dealer in the Country
- Exterro Enhances Digital Forensic and Incident Response Automation with Major Upgrades to FTK® Connect
- Glenfarne Group and Partners Group Joint Venture EnfraGen Raises $620k to Fund Clean Energy and Water Projects in Colombia through GivePower Partnership
- PNC EXECUTIVES TO SPEAK AT BERNSTEIN CONFERENCE
- Dungeon Forward Inks Multi Collection Deal with Nickelodeon and Paramount Consumer Products
- Form 8.3 - HOMESERVE PLC
- RBW-Skull USA throttle tuner for Harley-Davidson
- M.King Media's 2nd Special Report "Black America: We Have A Problem" Is Now Streaming
- MEI ALERT: Bragar Eagel & Squire, P.C. is Investigating MEI Pharma, Inc. on Behalf of MEI Stockholders and Encourages Investors to Contact the Firm
- EMPIRE STATE BUILDING HONORS THE NOTORIOUS B.I.G.'S 50TH BIRTHDAY, IN PARTNERSHIP WITH THE ESTATE OF THE NOTORIOUS B.I.G.
- Community Bank System, Inc. Announces Quarterly Common Stock Dividend and Results of Annual Shareholders' Meeting
- New Rochelle Police Department Holds Annual Memorial and Awards Ceremony