In a move that will drive visibility for and store traffic to New Rochelle's Featured Businesses, the City has launched a discount card to encourage new downtown residents to support the local economy.
"We want to ensure that New Rochelle's unprecedented downtown growth benefits all of us," said New Rochelle Mayor Noam Bramson. "These discount cards are a great way to introduce new residents to the outstanding businesses and restaurants in our community, so that their buying power boosts our economy, supports local entrepreneurs, and enhances our tax base."
Through this card, new downtown residents will have access to discounts and special offers from each Featured Business, incentivizing them to explore New Rochelle's diverse local dining, retail, service and entertainment offerings while simultaneously growing the customer base of each small business.
As part of the City's ambitious redevelopment plan, all New Rochelle businesses are invited to apply for this designation and those qualifying – determined by five criteria that demonstrate customer appeal, commitment to excellence, and compliance with all City ordinances – will receive Featured Business benefits including a profile on the Interactive Map, visibility in City advertising and co-marketing activities and free access to tools to expand their marketing reach to residents and visitors. Featured Businesses can be identified by a window decal corresponding to its category on the Interactive Map. Interested businesses can apply online at no cost by submitting a Featured Business application form.
More on Nyenta.com
- Sage IT Announces New Chief Customer Officer
- IAOP Announces Its 2020 Awards Season
- Connected Real Estate Magazine Joins the 2019 PropTech Challenge as Silver Sponsor
- Triage Partners Integrates Incoming Quality Inspection (IQC) and Acceptable Quality Level (AQL) Testing in WipIT™ Software System
- Insite Risk Management Adds Two Seasoned Executives To Its Leadership Roster
The card will be presented to each new resident as they receive their keys from the building managers and will remain valid for 60 days from the start date of their occupancy. With the recent launch of CircuitNR in August, cardholders have the option to take advantage of complimentary on-demand rides along several routes through highly trafficked areas of New Rochelle's thriving downtown.
Accelerated by a novel, fast-track zoning process and the use of generic environmental reviews, New Rochelle's unprecedented redevelopment initiative, which launched in 2015 with the signing of a Master Developer agreement with RXR Realty, has allowed for critical progress to be made in attracting investment to the City's downtown. So far, 31 projects – totaling six million square feet and more than 5,000 housing units – have been approved, and 11 are already under construction. With the residential component of the downtown revitalization effort well underway, the City is now looking to attract commercial space and other nonresidential development. As part of the next phase of development, they aim to attract the construction of approximately 1.8 million square feet of new office space in the downtown area.
New Rochelle's central location, unrivaled transit access, respected higher educational institutions, award-winning public schools, ultra-high-speed public access Wi-Fi kiosks, diverse population, and physical characteristics together uniquely position the City to evolve into a thriving live-work-grow magnet for millennials and young professionals, while enhancing the overall region's competitive status.
More on Nyenta.com
- Luigi's Original Cannoli Pie of Bridgeport, CT Receives Kosher Certification
- BiKi.com Makes a Splash at Consensus Singapore: Invest Asia 2019
- Havas New York CEO Laura Maness to Provide Opening Keynote at USA-Central Europe Women in Business Summit
- Cardiovascular Disease Related Peptides Are Now Accessible at Creative Peptides
- Global Institutional Investors To Increase Alternative Data Usage, Proficiency In Machine Learning Set For Growth
About the City of New Rochelle
With an unparalleled location, superb quality of life, diverse and talented residents and a focused business climate, New Rochelle is experiencing the transformation of a lifetime. The City's economic development plan will provide a spark for the entire Hudson Valley region, positioning it as "open for business" and embracing smart, transit-oriented development growth patterns. Accelerated by a new, fast-track zoning process, the new Master Development initiative will enhance the downtown area by boosting job creation, property values and private investment – while enhancing sustainability through green and energy-efficient design. Learn more at https://www.ideallynewrochelle.com/.
Latest on Nyenta.com
- Albany: RFP 2019:29 Quackenbush Square Cooling Tower
- Perfect Body Laser and Aesthetics® Now Has Cynosure's Synchro REPLA:Y, The World's Fastest and Most Powerful Alexandrite Laser Technology
- Which companies are using Erlang, and why? #MyTopdogStatus
- Stratum Nutrition Welcomes David Hoover as Marketing Coordinator
- The Brooklyn Heights Designer Showhouse returns September 2019
- Buffalo: Mayor Brown, Commissioner Lockwood, And BPDNET Bring Hiring Opportunities into the JFK Neighborhood
- Mayor Brown Announces Free Museum Day in Buffalo!
- Moodify Raises $1.6M Funding for Advanced Functional Scents
- AccessLex Institute to Serve as Title Sponsor of National Pre-Law Diversity Initiatives, Inc.'s Outreach Events
- 20 Gutter Facts for 20 Years of The Brothers Who Just Do Gutters
- Smithtown Children's Foundation 2019 Community Table Relocates
- New study looks at whether your business writing is effective
- The Biafran Conscriptors: Memoirs of the Nigerian-Biafra Civil War (1967-1970)
- Fashion: ANTORINI enters the fashion world – an achievement celebrated across the globe
- BBQ RESCUES! Foundation Volunteer Hollywood Actress Katrina Kenally is in the Running for Maxim Covergirl
- Midland, TX is the Best City for Real Estate Sales Agents
- Author Launches Column Accompanying Debut Book
- Journeypure And After The Impact Announce New Intensive Wellness Program For Leaders, Legends And Heroes
- Riskpulse Launches Riskpulse OnTime, The Next Generation of Actionable Intelligence for Service Prediction & Delay Mitigation in Global Supply Chains