- RTX SHAREHOLDER NOTICE: Securities Litigation Partner James (Josh) Wilson Encourages Investors Who Suffered Losses Exceeding $100,000 In RTX To Contact Him Directly To Discuss Their Options
- SILICON MOTION SHAREHOLDER NOTICE: Securities Litigation Partner James (Josh) Wilson Encourages Investors Who Suffered Losses Exceeding $100,000 In Silicon Motion To Contact Him Directly To Discuss Their Options
- New Rochelle: ArtsFest 2023 Set for Thursday, October 19th to Sunday, Oct. 22nd
In what is an innovative public-private partnership, developers Wilder Balter Partners and LMXD and the City of New Rochelle begun construction on a $4M transformation of Anderson Plaza and Anderson Street in downtown New Rochelle that is expected to be a bellwether for the city's continued evolution as an inclusive, forward-thinking walkable city.
Anderson Street is a one-way thoroughfare between North Avenue and LeCount Place in New Rochelle's Downtown Overlay Zone, and Anderson Plaza is an adjoining, underutilized public open space. The renovated plaza will provide a versatile public retail corridor with bubbler play fountains, new seating options, refreshed landscaping, and a café building to help activate the space with complementary retail or local services. Roadway reconfigurations and regrading will allow traffic on Anderson Street to be controlled so the plaza and roadway can be temporarily pedestrianized and used as a welcoming outdoor event space for farmers' markets, festivals, and live performances.
With this project underway, and after three years of comprehensive planning with the renowned design firm Starr Whitehouse, the transformative project will enrich the public realm, enhance walkability and neighborhood vibrancy, and improve the quality-of-life of residents, while increasing foot traffic and activity.
By creating a neighborhood focal point and adding value for the community, downtown residents, shoppers, and workers, this project will create an increasingly attractive environment for transit-oriented development in New Rochelle.
At the ceremonial groundbreaking today, visitors were able to catch an early glimpse of what the plaza will look like through VR technology using NRVR, the city's community engagement platform. The construction on Anderson Plaza is expected to be completed in early 2023.
"The new Anderson Plaza renovation illustrates New Rochelle's commitment to pedestrian-friendly urban design and to ensuring that economic development results in a stronger community with a higher quality of life for all of us." said Mayor Noam Bramson. "I look forward to this enhanced space becoming a hub of positive activity that contributes to the health and vitality of our central business district and of our city as a whole."
More on Nyenta.com
- Central Bark® Signs New Multi-Unit Franchise Deal to Open First Locations Ever in the State of New York
- SafeBreak® Vascular FDA Cleared for All Vascular Access Lines on Patients Two Weeks of Age and Up
- Introducing FixxAI: Your Next-Generation AI Co-Pilot for Home Improvement and Repair
- Nuvini Provides Highlights Outlook and Growth Opportunities as it Begins Trading
- HOWARD HUGHES HOLDINGS INC. APPOINTS ELENA VERBINSKAYA CHIEF ACCOUNTING OFFICER
"The revitalization of Anderson Plaza is just one of many improvements to the pedestrian experience to come to downtown New Rochelle," said City Manager Charles B. Strome III. "As we continue to grow and invest in our community, these new and improved communal spaces will offer downtown visitors and residents a space for engagement and respite from the busy city streets."
"New Rochelle is a prime example of what busy New Yorkers dream of – everything young professionals or a growing family could want, just outside of New York City," said Adam Salgado, Development Commissioner for the City of New Rochelle. "The redevelopment of Anderson Plaza is just one example of how we invest in our community and offer a welcoming, engaging, quality space for our neighbors."
"Wilder Balter Partners and LMXD are thrilled to have begun work on the redevelopment of Anderson Plaza," said Katherine Kelman, Managing Director, LMXD. "The opportunity to provide New Rochelle residents with a rejuvenated public plaza and a purpose-designed location for civic events in the heart of Downtown is in line with our mission to build vibrant, mixed-income communities.""Starr Whitehouse is proud to support the City of New Rochelle, Wilder Balter, and LMXD to reinvigorate public spaces downtown," said Laura Starr, Partner, Starr Whitehouse Landscape Architects and Planners. "By bringing nature into the city and creating welcoming social spaces, the Anderson Plaza design will make downtown New Rochelle more healthy, inclusive, and livable."
Anderson Plaza is a product of extensive public-private negotiations as a result of the Downtown's revitalization efforts. Other notable community amenities that have resulted from public-private partnerships include the Black Box Theater space at 595 Main Street, and a community and gallery space to be operated by The Lincoln Park Conservancy, Inc. at 393 Huguenot Street.
For more information on the project and to view renderings please click here, and here.
More on Nyenta.com
- PhaseZero Expands CxAnalytics Offering with Generative AI Solutions to power Everyday Efficiency for Global Manufacturing Companies
- Eric Washington, Noted Author to Host Webinar About the Loss of a Child
- Prepare Yourself For A Hair-Raising Musical Journey With Sidow Sobrino's Happy Halloween
- Bloomberg Completes Acquisition of Broadway Technology
- Vantiva Announces it has entered into an agreement with CommScope to acquire CommScope's Home Networks
For photos of the event please click here.
About the City of New Rochelle
With its unparalleled location, superb quality of life, diverse and talented residents, and a focused business climate, New Rochelle is experiencing the transformation of a generation. The City's current economic development plan will provide a spark for the entire Hudson Valley region, positioning the City as "open for business" and embracing smart, transit-oriented development growth patterns that promote open space, its close proximity to New York City, and opportunities for businesses to rebound, recover and succeed in the current economic climate. Accelerated by a new, fast-track zoning process along with resources for small businesses and micro-enterprises, the ongoing Master Development initiative will continue to enhance the downtown area by supporting job creation, property values, and private investment – while enhancing sustainability and livability through green and energy-efficient design. For more information on why New Rochelle is ideally yours, please visit https://www.ideallynewrochelle.com.
Latest on Nyenta.com
- TWO BEAR CAPITAL OPENS NEW YORK HEADQUARTERS IN THE ALEXANDRIA CENTER FOR LIFE SCIENCE
- City of Yonkers to Grant $2.7 Million to Nearly 100 Community-Based Organizations to Expand Economic Opportunities for Residents
- Pikmykid Hosts Webinar on Georgia School Safety Grant
- SPORTIME Clubs and Hornig Capital Partners Partner to Develop Pickleball Facilities
- The Documented Culinary Journey of AI Influencer, Chef Jade
- American Garden Rose Selections™ Announces 2024 Winners
- Boutique Consulting Firm with Unique Project Leadership Offering is Now GSA Approved
- RedBird IMI Announces Investment in Front Office Sports
- Robotics and Automation are Driving Demand for Upgraded Warehouse Management Systems concludes new report from the Mobile Robot Directory
- Doctors for Cannabis Regulation Rebrands as Doctors for Drug Policy Reform
- Dominion Energy Recommends Shareholders Reject 'Mini-Tender' Offer By TRC Capital Investment Corporation
- DiscountCell Joins Growing Value-Added Distribution Platform With Alliance, GetWireless, and TESSCO.
- New data reveals 87% Australian adults have experienced a work-related musculoskeletal injury
- Local Family-Owned Pizza Shop Celebrates One Year
- Toy Fair® Announces Upcoming Dates and Locations for Iconic Show
- Cruz Textures Celebrates National Hair Day
- NEOM and Maysalward to strengthen young gaming talent with launch of NEOM Game Dev Challenge
- Rosann Santos Speaks About the Importance of Celebrating Hispanic Heritage Every Month
- RTX MONDAY DEADLINE ALERT: ROSEN, NATIONAL TRIAL LAWYERS, Encourages RTX Corporation f/k/a Raytheon Technologies Corporation Investors with Losses in Excess of $100K to Secure Counsel Before Important October 2 Deadline in Securities Class Action...
- Toy Fair® Transforms NYC's Javits Center into Massive Playground