- New Rochelle: NRPD Observes May 15-21 as National Police Memorial Week
- Mayor Evans Releases His First Proposed City Budget 2022-23 Fiscal Year Budget Seeks to Chart Prosperous Future for Rochester & Address Six Administration Priorities
- Comedian Don Barnhart Brings Nightly Laughter To Jokesters Comedy Club In Las Vegas
The City of New Rochelle observed Arbor Day by planting an oak tree at D'Onofrio Park, joined by fifth grade students from Jefferson School. New Rochelle is celebrating 30 years as a Tree City. The ceremony featured Deputy Mayor Sara Kaye, joined by Deputy City Manager Kathleen Gill, Development Commissioner Adam Salgado, Planning and Sustainability Director Kevin Kain, Sustainability Coordinator Nick Sioufas, Parks and Recreation Commissioner Vin Parise, Forester Paul Rebholz, and Jefferson School Principal Kim Nieves and fifth grade teacher Victoria Cooke.
"Trees provide so many benefits to us, and every year we lose hundreds of trees in New Rochelle to age, disease, development, and extreme weather- which is why it's so important that we replace them," Deputy Mayor Sara Kaye told the class.
In addition to recognition as a Tree City for three decades, New Rochelle also received a "Growth Award" from the Arbor Day Foundation for environmental prowess including:
- Adopting a resolution declaring a climate emergency
More on Nyenta.com
- Wolters Kluwer's Sandeep Sacheti Named FinTech Executive Leader of the Year
- Cornerstone and Swiftlane Announce Strategic Technology Initiative to Create Safer Rental Communities in Denver
- NYC REIT Sends Letter Urging Shareholders to Vote for Company's Incumbent Director Nominee as Annual Meeting Approaches
- TUPPERWARE ALERT: Bragar Eagel & Squire, P.C. is Investigating Tupperware Brands Corporation on Behalf of Tupperware Stockholders and Encourages Investors to Contact the Firm
- The Dog Gurus Collaborate with Blue-9 for Advancement of Dog Daycare Enrichment Programs
- Acquiring additional open space that will be permanently protected as a public nature preserve
- Creating a public-private partnership with the Wards Acres Conservancy, through which citizens can volunteer for tree planting and care activities
- Creating a new staff position of Sustainability Coordinator
- Supporting the "Healthy Yards" campaign to promote awareness of sustainable landscaping practices
- Joining the (FCWC) Student Network- a group of motivated high school and college-aged environmental activists, for a ceremonial tree planting in front of City Hall in recognition of the Climate Emergency Declaration
"I am extremely proud of all these actions and very grateful to my colleagues on Council and our professional City staff for making trees a priority," concluded Deputy Mayor Kaye. "I look forward to furthering our commitment to the environment and New Rochelle's urban forest."
Residents can sign up for a street tree in their neighborhood through the City's website www.newrochelleny.com/plantatree. Building the City's tree canopy is one of the goals of greeNR, New Rochelle's sustainability plan.
Latest on Nyenta.com
- Yonkers Mayor Spano Launches Electric Powered Leaf Blower Incentive Program to Help Protect Public Health
- KBRA Releases Research – Balancing ESG Priorities Never More Challenging for Insurers
- Kirby McInerney LLP Continues Investigation of Shareholder Claims on Behalf of Teladoc Health, Inc. (TDOC) Investors
- FIT Announces Expansion of the Bob Fisch Graduate Student Award Program and Recipients of Inaugural Award for Entrepreneurial Excellence
- The world's most anticipated blockchain game "Rise of Elves", is going to launch its Closed Beta in May!
- New Book - Your Maternity Leave: The Ultimate Practical Guide (1st UK Edition) by Nathalie Koren
- IMUA Honors Six At 91st Annual Meeting
- Noted storyteller and technologist Angelica McKinley joins the board of NMHA
- West Shore Construction Named #1 Hurricane Fabric Dealer in the Country
- Exterro Enhances Digital Forensic and Incident Response Automation with Major Upgrades to FTK® Connect
- Glenfarne Group and Partners Group Joint Venture EnfraGen Raises $620k to Fund Clean Energy and Water Projects in Colombia through GivePower Partnership
- PNC EXECUTIVES TO SPEAK AT BERNSTEIN CONFERENCE
- Dungeon Forward Inks Multi Collection Deal with Nickelodeon and Paramount Consumer Products
- Form 8.3 - HOMESERVE PLC
- RBW-Skull USA throttle tuner for Harley-Davidson
- M.King Media's 2nd Special Report "Black America: We Have A Problem" Is Now Streaming
- MEI ALERT: Bragar Eagel & Squire, P.C. is Investigating MEI Pharma, Inc. on Behalf of MEI Stockholders and Encourages Investors to Contact the Firm
- EMPIRE STATE BUILDING HONORS THE NOTORIOUS B.I.G.'S 50TH BIRTHDAY, IN PARTNERSHIP WITH THE ESTATE OF THE NOTORIOUS B.I.G.
- Community Bank System, Inc. Announces Quarterly Common Stock Dividend and Results of Annual Shareholders' Meeting
- New Rochelle Police Department Holds Annual Memorial and Awards Ceremony