- April 15, 2024 Deadline: Contact Levi & Korsinsky to Join Class Action Suit Against INMD
- INNODATA SHAREHOLDER ACTION REMINDER: Securities Litigation Partner James (Josh) Wilson Encourages Investors Who Suffered Losses Exceeding $50,000 In Innodata To Contact Him Directly To Discuss Their Options
- Axiros is Proud to Announce a New Release of TR-369/USP Controller - AX USP 2.7
The New Rochelle Chamber of Commerce together with the City of New Rochelle is thrilled to announce the 58th Annual Thanksgiving Parade kicking off Saturday, November 19, 2022, at 10am. The 2022 Parade route will be along North Avenue – beginning at Eastchester Road and ending at Bonnefoy Place.
This year's parade theme "Celebrating a Century of Service" is a salute to the NR Chamber's 100th Anniversary and its extensive history of service to New Rochelle.
The NR Chamber of Commerce is proud to also announce the Grand Marshalls for the 2022 Thanksgiving Parade are retiring City Manager Chuck Strome and recently retired former Commissioner of Parks & Recreation Bill Zimmermann. As their bios below indicate, both Grand Marshalls have dedicated many years to the City of New Rochelle, and they are the ideal choice to represent the Parade theme "Celebrating a Century of Service".
"The New Rochelle Thanksgiving Parade is a NR Chamber and City tradition. This year's Parade honors the NR Chamber's 100 years of service to the City. We're thankful for all the NR Chamber members – past and present – who have worked to enhance the economic and business life of the City," said Rob Hayes, President of the NR Chamber of Commerce and owner of The Beechmont Tavern. "And our Grand Marshalls, Chuck Strome and Bill Zimmermann, embody that spirit of service. We're glad to honor them both in the Parade. Congratulations Chuck and Bill!"
The parade will feature floats and giant parade balloons including New Rochelle's own iconic Mighty Mouse, Tom the Turkey and others. There will be marching bands playing throughout the parade, vintage cars and firetrucks, dancers, singers and marchers from Iona and Monroe Colleges, local schools, businesses and community organizations. And, of course, Santa will be there too!
Sponsors are still needed for the Thanksgiving Parade – especially for the Balloons, the NRHS Homecoming Float, and the Paw Patrol characters. Sponsorship opportunities are listed here.
The Thanksgiving Parade offers a "bucket-list" opportunity to hold a balloon in a parade. The NR Chamber needs many volunteers to make this year's parade the most successful yet. Volunteers can register to hold a balloon or banner in the parade on our link with VolunteerNY.
More on Nyenta.com
- Omar L. Harris: Leading the Charge for a New Era of J.E.D.I Leadership, Inducted into Kirkus Reviews Indie Books of the Month and More
- KBRA Releases Research – CRE CLO Distress and Loan Modification Rates Soar
- iOttie Releases First Qi2 Car Mount, Teases New Velox Gen 2 Series
- Workplace Wave Revolutionizes Business Productivity with Enterprise-Grade AI Platform
- Cafe Spice Launches New Retail Combo Meals for the New Year
The NR Chamber is still accepting applications to march in the Parade. Groups interested in marching should complete the application.
The NR Chamber is also pleased to announce the New Rochelle Fund for Educational Excellence's Annual Pancake Breakfast is BACK! Enjoy a delicious breakfast served by New Rochelle's school and district administrators and teachers, just before the New Rochelle Thanksgiving Parade! Starting at 8:00am in the House IV Cafeteria at New Rochelle High School, entrance at North and Braemar Avenues. $5.00 per person. The Breakfast is open to all and its fun to see the New Rochelle School District teachers and staff make your breakfast.
To stay on top of all the Parade updates visit the NR Chamber website page.
Charles B. "Chuck" Strome, III - Bio
On November 12, 2002, the City Council unanimously approved the appointment of Charles B. "Chuck" Strome, III as City Manager. Mr. Strome served as Acting City Manager since March 2002 and as Deputy City Manager since 1995. Prior to that, he served as Director of Emergency
Services from 1989 through 1992, and then became Assistant City Manager / City Coordinator.
Mr. Strome has a Bachelor of Arts in Journalism and Communications from Washington and Lee University in Lexington, Virginia, and a Masters of Public Administration-Government from Pace University.
Before joining government, Mr. Strome held positions at Hudson Westchester Radio where he was News Director, Vice President, and Program Director.
Mr. Strome is a member of the International City Managers' Association, and former president of the New York State City / County Managers Association. He is also past President, Vice President, and Secretary of the Municipal Administrators Association of Metropolitan New York.
Mr. Strome is Chair of the Corporation for Local Development of the New Rochelle Industrial Development Agency, the Vice Chairman of the New Rochelle Corporation of Local Development, a member of the Executive Committee of the Westchester Municipal Officials Association, and the Co-Chair of the City School District's District Wide Health and Safety Committee.
More on Nyenta.com
- Former Anglo American CEO Mark Cutifani Joins Diamond Standard Advisory Board USA - English USA - English
- New Rochelle: Applications Now Available for Youth Summer Employment Programs
- Yonkers Police Department Arrests, Charges Yonkers Man in Mount Carmel Place Homicide
- With a 2-Year Revenue Growth of 1535%, Ironside HR is No. 8 on Inc. Regionals 2024 Southwest List
- Location3 Honored with 2024 Inc. Regionals Award
He has been the recipient of numerous awards from community organizations, including the Chamber of Commerce, the Calabria Society, Boys' and Girls' Club of New Rochelle, New Rochelle Youth Bureau and New Rochelle Fund for Educational Excellence.
He has been a proud resident of New Rochelle for 28 years.
William V. Zimmermann - Bio
Bill Zimmermann, a native of Oceanside, New York, was appointed Commissioner of Parks and Recreation for the City of New Rochelle in March 2004, following his original appointment as Director in July 2000. Mr. Zimmermann has held several public sector managerial positions working seventeen years for the Town of Mamaroneck, serving as the Superintendent of Recreation. He also served five plus years as Superintendent of Parks and Recreation for the Village of Irvington-On-Hudson and for two years as an Assistant Facilities Manager for the Town of Ramapo in Rockland County, New York.
Mr. Zimmermann received his undergraduate bachelor's degree from the State University of New York at Cortland in 1976, preceded by an associate in applied science degree from SUNY @ Delhi Agricultural & Technical College in 1973.
He is well versed in municipal parks and recreation operations, currently serving as a faculty member of the National Director's School accredited by the National Recreation and Parks Association and North Carolina State University and a distinguished member of the American Academy for Parks and Recreation Administration. He also serves as a professional delegate to the National Recreation and Park Association representing the Mid-Atlantic Regional Network and is the recipient of the prestigious Michael B. Berman Special Fellow Citation award. He is Past Chair and Regent Board Member for North Carolina State University's Supervisor's Management School. His commitment also includes service on the NRPA Board of Trustees, the APRS Board of Directors, Chairman of NRPA Mid-Atlantic Regional Planning Council, Past-President of the New York State Recreation and Park Society, from which he received the associations highest award in April 2006 for Distinguished Service and as Past-President of the Westchester Recreation & Park Society.
Bill retired as Commissioner of the of Parks and Recreation Department in the spring of 2022 and served in an advisory role as a city consultant for the remainder of the calendar year.
Latest on Nyenta.com
- Montefiore's Albert Einstein College of Medicine Announces Free Tuition in Perpetuity for All Medical School Students
- SeatGeek Announces Next Fan Up Product Release Ahead of MLB Season
- Vantiva Demonstrates One of the First Carrier-Grade Wi-Fi 7 Extenders and Advanced 5G FWA CPE at Mobile World Congress 2024
- Metro Commercial Brokers Deal Brings Puttshack to The Shops at Liberty Place
- "LIBERTYLAND" Echoes January 6 in a Gripping Tale of Terror and the Quest for American Ideals
- City of Yonkers Accepting 2024 Nominations for Annual "Women of Distinction" Award
- CCHR and Electroshock Survivors Reject Psychiatric Apology for Tortured Children
- The Importance of Conducting Background Checks
- Meredith Thomas Selected as Master of Ceremonies for International Women's Day Gala for 2024
- "Unlock the Blueprint to Success: Morgan Mayfield's Latest Book Delivers Proven Strategies for Realtors to Achieve 6-Figure-Plus Success
- Best Commercial Solar Panel Installation Companies (2024): Review of Industrial Solar Panels for Business Published By Better Business Advice
- Korean Cultural Center New York presents a retrospective "John Pai: Eternal Moment" in the gallery of its new building
- Eata Gift Expands Notebook Customization Service to Fuel 2024 Marketing Campaigns
- Best Small Business Bookkeeping Services (2024): Omega Accounting Beyond Bookkeeping Review Published By Better Business Advice
- ROSEN, A GLOBALLY RESPECTED LAW FIRM, Encourages GrafTech International Ltd. Investors to Secure Counsel Before Important Deadline in Securities Class Action - EAF
- ROSEN, LEADING TRIAL ATTORNEYS, Encourages Fluence Energy, Inc. Investors to Inquire About Securities Class Action Investigation - FLNC
- Revolutionize Your Digital Presence with Marketers Directory
- SHAREHOLDER ALERT: Pomerantz Law Firm Investigates Claims On Behalf of Investors of Sibanye Stillwater Limited - SBSW
- Introducing the Coexilian Flag: A Symbol of Unity and Harmony
- ROSEN, TRUSTED INVESTOR COUNSEL, Encourages British American Tobacco p.l.c Investors to Secure Counsel Before Important Deadline in Securities Class Action First Filed by the Firm - BTI