- New Rochelle: GridRewards: Receive $ for reducing your electric load
- New Rochelle: New York State Grants Available for Small Businesses
- New Rochelle: Joe Coffee's Grand Opening
Seniors looking to increase their consumption of fruits and vegetables and stretch their food budgets this summer and fall may be entitled to a Farmers Market Checkbook. To be eligible, individuals must be 60 years of age or older AND have a monthly income at or below $2096/month for a one-person household, $2,823 for a two-person household or $3,551 for a three-person household.
The Senior Farmers Market Program is funded through the Food and Nutrition Service division of the United States Department of Agriculture and Markets in cooperation with the NY State Office for the Aging, NYS Department of Agriculture and Markets and the Westchester County Department of Senior Programs and Services.
The Farmers Market Senior Nutrition Program is for eligible older adults on a FIRST-COME FIRST-SERVED basis. Eligible seniors should participate only if they are planning to use the coupons at the participating markets. Each checkbook has a value of $25 and individual Farmers Market Checks are worth $5.00 each. Farmers will not give change. If a purchase is less than $5.00, farmers will add additional items of the recipient's choice to make up the difference.
More on Nyenta.com
- CNX Resources Corporation Announces Early Results and Early Payment Date for Tender Offer for its 7.25% Senior Notes due 2027
- SIGLENT Technologies Expands the Addressable Frequency Range of its RF Instruments to Best Support Microwave Range
- Bregal Partners Announces Three Key New Hires
- Ideanomics launches a product design studio to create a new generation of high-performance electric mobility and charging solutions USA - English Deutschland - Deutsch France - FranÃ§ais USA - English Ð Ð¾Ñ�Ñ�Ð¸Ñ� - PÑƒÑ�Ñ�ÐºÐ¸Ð¹ EspaÃ±a - espaÃ±ol Sloven
- We Are Messengers Brooklyn Concert At Historic Opera House At Emmaus Center
The purpose of the Senior Farmers Market Program is to provide resources in the form of fresh, nutritious, unprepared, locally grown fruits, vegetables, and herbs from farmers' markets and community supported agriculture programs to low-income seniors; to increase the consumption of locally grown food by expanding farmers' markets and community supported agriculture programs. The program also serves a purpose in the development of new and additional farmers' markets and community supported agriculture programs.
The checkbooks will be distributed to eligible seniors beginning August 3rd until supplies last at the Hugh Doyle Senior Center Senior Center, located at 94 Davis Avenue. New for this year! The times of distribution will be 9:30-11:30& 1:00-3:00 Monday-Thursday. Applicants must wear a face mask, and bring their own pen. Proof of age and residency are required. Applicants must come in person to sign the statement of eligibility. (Power of Attorney must provide proof). Each older adult in a household is eligible to receive a booklet if they meet the age and income requirements.
The coupons are valid at any participating New York State Farmers Market and locally the checkbooks can be used at the Down to Earth Farmer's Market at Thomas Paine Cottage every Friday (8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. or sellout).
For more information on the Farmer's Market Coupons contact the Hugh Doyle Senior Center at 914-235-2363.
Latest on Nyenta.com
- The LEGO Foundation, Germany and USA Announce US$42 million in New Funding to Education Cannot Wait
- BARCLAYS ALERT: Bragar Eagel & Squire, P.C. Announces that a Class Action Lawsuit Has Been Filed Against Barclays PLC and Encourages Investors to Contact the Firm
- INVESTOR ALERT: The M&A Class Action Firm Launches Merger Inquiry - GRRB, PZN, TMX, PBFX
- Educational Seminar at Skyline RV on Protecting your House, Retirement & Lifestyle from Medicaid
- MAX Illumination Launches Custom and Bespoke Light panels
- SCHMITT ALERT: Bragar Eagel & Squire, P.C. is Investigating Schmitt Industries, Inc. on Behalf of Schmitt Stockholders and Encourages Investors to Contact the Firm
- TUYA DEADLINE NOTICE: Scott+Scott Attorneys at Law LLP Reminds Investors That the Deadline to Move for Lead Plaintiff in a Securities Class Action Against Tuya Inc. (TUYA) is October 11th
- Mark Zuckerberg's Little League Photo Goes to Auction
- Modera New Rochelle Grand Opening
- Yonkers Police and PAL Kids Closet
- Kirby McInerney LLP Announces an Investigation of Shareholder Claims Against Schmitt Industries, Inc. (SMIT)
- Applications Now Open for New Rochelle Youth Council
- New Rochelle: Applications Now Available for Youth Court
- Goldman Sachs Announces Preliminary Court Approval of Shareholder Derivative Settlement Relating to 1MBD
- Several countries in the EU follow the ban on Google Analytics
- The World's Master Mind Reader - The Reader Reality Twister hits Glendale AZ
- J.MCLAUGHLIN SUPPORTS BREAST CANCER EDUCATION THROUGH SALES OF BEST-SELLING SCARF
- 8 Million Euros In Compensation Every Day — The Summer Of 2022 For Aviation Industry
- Justin Boxford Appointed Global Brand President, Estée Lauder
- Meet the EFA at Brooklyn Book Festival