The Senior Farmers Market Program is funded through the Food and Nutrition Service division of the United States Department of Agriculture and Markets in cooperation with the NY State Office for the Aging, NYS Department of Agriculture and Markets and the Westchester County Department of Senior Programs and Services.
The Farmers Market Senior Nutrition Program is for eligible older adults on a FIRST COME FIRST SERVE basis. Eligible seniors should participate only if they are planning to use the coupons at the participating markets. Each checkbook has a value of $20 and individual Farmers Market Checks are worth $4.00 each. Farmers will not give change. If a purchase is less than $4.00, farmers will add additional items of the recipient's choice to make up the difference.
More on Nyenta.com
- Croatia's Katarina Line Increases Trade Show Presence in North America and Europe
- Concierge Auctions Earns Coveted Position on the Inc. 5000 List of Fastest-Growing Companies in America For the Sixth Year Running
- George Clinton sparks a Phat Blunt with Miss Velvet and The Blue Wolf
- Country Star Gary West Readies for Worldwide Releases
- Vincent Totoro joins CXO Nexus to help lead Global Integrations
The purpose of the Senior Farmers Market Program is to provide resources in the form of fresh, nutritious, unprepared, locally grown fruits, vegetables, and herbs from farmers' markets and community supported agriculture programs to low-income seniors; to increase the consumption of locally grown food by expanding farmers' markets and community supported agriculture programs. The program also serves a purpose in the development of new and additional farmers' markets and community supported agriculture programs.
The check books will be distributed to eligible seniors beginning, Thursday, July 18, until supplies last at the Hugh Doyle Senior Center Senior Center, located at 94 Davis Avenue. The times of distribution will be 9:30-11:30 and 1:30-3:30 Tuesday-Friday. Proof of age and residency are required. Applicants must come in person to sign the statement of eligibility. Each older adult in a household is eligible to receive a booklet if they meet the age and income requirements.
The coupons are valid at any Participating New York State Farmers Market and locally the checkbooks can be used at New Rochelle Public Library Saturday,and at the Paine Cottage every Friday( 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. or sellout).
For more information on the Farmer's Market Coupons contact the Hugh Doyle Senior Center at 914-235-2363.
Latest on Nyenta.com
- Official or unofficial? The compromise between Haute Couture runway fashion and social fashion addicts
- Wipe Data on Android with new iShredder Android GOVERNMENT and ENTERPRISE edition
- Sinq Technologies Provides Increased Efficiency with New, Multiple Partnerships
- YINCAE - New NC 256 Zero Residue Flux
- ADL Enhances EMR Functionality for PDPM
- Introducing the Fox&Summit® Wi-Fi Pull Cord Sensor for the Connected Home
- First Truly Affordable 3D Printable Prosthetic Arm Kits, K+ Launches on Indiegogo
- Everok taps Chain.io to power digital innovation throughout its global freight forwarding network
- City of Yonkers to Offer New Financial Solution for Clean Energy Projects
- Join Us at the Icla da Silva 2019 Hope Gala
- GBKSOFT Offers the Development of Custom On-demand Service Apps with the Use of Ready-Made Modules at Affordable Prices
- DigiFabster Introduces Shift 3D as Platinum Reseller Partner
- BurnsOffRoad app connects riders of adventure vehicles
- CEO Coaching International Recognized on the Inc. 5000 List for Fifth Consecutive Year
- Celebrated Author Richard C. Morais to Keynote Cultural Vistas Awards Gala
- Introducing .NET Core 3 in GdPicture.NET and DocuVieware
- Documentary Film "Harlem School 1970" by Phil Gries Reviewed on the GingerNewYork TV Show
- 2019's Most Empowering Latino Author
- Join WOMBA at the 5th Annual SHIEC Conference
- Stride Movers Announces Free Moving Supplies Promotion