- Financial Solutions Inc. Receives the 2020 Best of Sheridan Wyoming Award
- New Rochelle: NYS Opens Portal for 1B Vaccine Distribution
- New Rochelle: NYS Open Portal for 1B Vaccine Distribution
Seniors looking to increase their consumption of fruits and vegetables and stretch their food budgets this summer and fall may be entitled to a Farmers Market Checkbook. To be eligible, individuals must be 60 years of age or older AND have a monthly income at or below $1,968/month for a one person household or $2,658 for a two person household.
The Senior Farmers Market Program is funded through the Food and Nutrition Service division of the United States Department of Agriculture and Markets in cooperation with the NY State Office for the Aging, NYS Department of Agriculture and Markets and the Westchester County Department of Senior Programs and Services.
The Farmers Market Senior Nutrition Program is for eligible older adults on a FIRST COME FIRST SERVE basis. Eligible seniors should participate only if they are planning to use the coupons at the participating markets. Each checkbook has a value of $20 and individual Farmers Market Checks are worth $4.00 each. Farmers will not give change. If a purchase is less than $4.00, farmers will add additional items of the recipient's choice to make up the difference.
More on Nyenta.com
- Saelig Introduces Multimode Geolocating Abeeway Smart Badge
- Construction Industry Council Applauds Gov. Cuomo's $306 Billion Infrastructure Plan
- KBRA Releases Van Hesser's Inaugural 3 Things in Credit Podcast
- AUA College of Medicine Establishes Admissions Agreement with Mississippi Valley State University
- Dollyhood Records Signs Distribution Deal With Sony!
The purpose of the Senior Farmers Market Program is to provide resources in the form of fresh, nutritious, unprepared, locally grown fruits, vegetables, and herbs from farmers' markets and community supported agriculture programs to low-income seniors; to increase the consumption of locally grown food by expanding farmers' markets and community supported agriculture programs. The program also serves a purpose in the development of new and additional farmers' markets and community supported agriculture programs.
The checkbooks will be distributed to eligible seniors beginning, July, 31st until supplies last at the Hugh Doyle Senior Center Senior Center, located at 94 Davis Avenue. New for this year! The times of distribution will be 8:30-12 and 1-3:30 Monday-Friday by appointment only (in the parking lot weather permitting) Applicants must wear a face mask, and bring their own pen. Proof of age and residency are required. Applicants must come in person to sign the statement of eligibility. (Power of Attorney must provide proof) Each older adult in a household is eligible to receive a booklet if they meet the age and income requirements.
The coupons are valid at any Participating New York State Farmers Market and locally the checkbooks can be used at the Paine Cottage every Friday( 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. or sellout).
For more information on the Farmer's Market Coupons contact the Hugh Doyle Senior Center at 914-235-2363.
Latest on Nyenta.com
- Be an Example, Get the Covid Shot
- PixelPlex Shares Details about Its Enterprise Portfolio Management Software
- Viviana Puello of ArtTour International Launches New Podcast "The Winner's Journey Podcast"
- "The Bathtub," Starring Sonic Youth Drummer, Streams Free Online
- Former CEO & Founder of Five Star Custom Foods, Acquired by Cargill, Joins CEO Coaching International
- Socure to Power Responsible Growth for Online Gaming Operators in Eleven U.S. States with Intelligent KYC
- Thiel College names Terry Eddy to Board of Trustees
- Bitcoin Up Review: Comprehensive Sign Up Guide For Bitcoin Up Trading App
- RIMES Appoints Former Nasdaq CIO Anna Ewing to its Board
- Fractal strengthens its Cloud AI business: Acquires enterprise AI provider Zerogons USA - English USA - English
- One Hand, One Heart: An intergenerational celebration of Broadway & Yiddish Songs at Wagner College
- Rosen Law Firm Announces Filing of Securities Class Action Lawsuit Against Tricida, Inc. – TCDA
- SHAREHOLDER ALERT: WeissLaw LLP Investigates Crescent Acquisition Corp
- INVESTIGATION ALERT: Nationally Ranked Shareholder Rights Law Firm Labaton Sucharow is Investigating Pluralsight, Inc. (NASDAQ: PS) for Potential Securities Violations and Breach of Fiduciary Duty
- "Diamond Fuji" to be Seen from TOKYO SKYTREE in February
- SHAREHOLDER ALERT: WeissLaw LLP Reminds STPK, FIII, JWS and BRPA Shareholders About Its Ongoing Investigations
- Rochester: Fire Chief Will Jackson Retiring After 25 Years of Service, Mayor Warren Names Felipe Hernandez Interim Fire Chief
- New Jersey hospital replaces in-room televisions with bedside tablets
- Zoom in Today for the Global Online Book Launch of Connecting with Crystals
- Downstate New York Committee of the American College of Trial Lawyers Issues the Following Statement Condemning Lawyers – Including Rudy Giuliani – Who Ignore the Rule of Law and Foment Violence