Today, New Rochelle Mayor Noam Bramson, and City Manager Charles B. Strome, III were joined by City and County officials for a ribbon-cutting ceremony and inaugural ride to mark the launch of "CircuitNR," a complimentary, on-demand electric shuttle service that transports riders along several routes through highly-trafficked areas of New Rochelle's thriving downtown.
CircuitNR – which includes a fleet of three, all-electric shuttles – is the result of a partnership with Circuit, formerly known as "The Free Ride," a company that works with forward-thinking municipalities and brands to provide a safe, efficient and eco-friendly transportation option at no cost to riders. New Rochelle is the latest location – and the first municipality in Westchester – to join Circuit's roster of popular destinations where the service is offered. It currently boasts a presence of more than 140 cars across 20 locations, including busy downtown areas in the Hamptons, New York City and the Jersey Shore, as well as cities in South Florida, California, and Texas.
"CircuitNR augments our already robust transit options, and is a tremendous value add for New Rochelle residents, visitors and commuters who frequent our burgeoning downtown," said Mayor Noam Bramson. "Through innovative, user-friendly, and fun initiatives like this, we make our community safer, more enjoyable, and more interactive for those who currently reside in New Rochelle and for those looking to join us."
CircuitNR will operate within a designated coverage area, and will be available Monday through Thursday between 7AM.- 7PM., Friday from 7AM.-10PM, Saturday between noon- 10PM. and Sunday from noon- 7PM.
More on Nyenta.com
- 303 NETWORKS Celebrates 10-Year Anniversary
- Yonkers: 13th ANNUAL YONKERS IDOL SEARCHES FOR ITS NEXT SINGING SENSATIONS
- Versasec's Unveils vSEC:CMS S-Series 5.7; Enables User Management of WHfB Credentials
- Millis Man Releases 1993 Title Recipes for The Roommate-Impaired as Kindle ebook
- Waco Family & Faith International Film Festival Launches with the Goals to Empower the Creative Spirit and Celebrate All
Residents and visitors of New Rochelle can request an on-demand ride anywhere in the shuttle coverage area by using the "Ride Circuit" App to alert a fleet driver to come pick them up. Alternatively, rides can be hailed by simply waving down the nearest CircuitNR driver if the vehicle has vacant seats.
"CircuitNR will be a great new community amenity for our residents and further enhance the revitalization of downtown," said New Rochelle Council Member Ivar Hyden, Vice Chair of the New Rochelle Industrial Development Agency (IDA). "As an eco-friendly service that serves to reduce traffic congestion, CircuitNR is also a perfect fit for our broader efforts to create a more sustainable New Rochelle."
"We couldn't be more excited about the pilot program in New Rochelle," said Alexander Esposito, Co-Founder of Circuit. "By getting people out of their cars for short trips and connecting with the train station, we can make a real impact on congestion and pollution. The team at the City has been a pleasure to work with and there's no doubt it's an exciting time in the area. The whole team at Circuit is honored to be a part of the City's growing success."
The introduction of CircuitNR is the latest initiative through which New Rochelle is increasing mobility and connectivity in its Downtown core, coming just weeks after being granted $2,000,000 to advance its "Complete Streets" project to improve the Lincoln Avenue corridor's accessibility, appearance and safety through physical improvements and traffic calming measures, as part of Governor Cuomo's $10 million Downtown Redevelopment Initiative Grant. The six-month pilot program is made possible by support from the New Rochelle Industrial Development Agency.
More on Nyenta.com
- Former Brookstone and Home Depot Canada CEO Joins CEO Coaching International
- NATP announces its annual 2020 Conference
- SHL Joins Velocity Network as a Founding Member to Empower Talent Worldwide
- World Encephalitis Day 2020 Encephalitis Conference
- 914 Smiles Launches Its Own In-House Clear Aligner Brand
Accelerated by a novel, fast-track zoning process and the use of generic environmental reviews, New Rochelle's unprecedented redevelopment initiative, which launched in 2015 with the signing of a Master Developer agreement with RXR Realty, has allowed for critical progress to be made in attracting investment to the City's downtown. So far, 31 projects – totaling six million square feet and more than 4,000 housing units – have been approved, and 11 are already under construction. With the residential component of the downtown revitalization effort well underway, the City is now looking to attract commercial space and other nonresidential development. As part of the next phase of development, they aim to attract the construction of approximately 1.8 million square feet of new office space in the downtown area.
New Rochelle's central location, unrivaled transit access, respected higher educational institutions, award-winning public schools, ultra-high-speed public access Wi-Fi kiosks, diverse population, and physical characteristics together uniquely position the City to evolve into a thriving live-work-grow magnet for millennials and young professionals, while enhancing the overall region's competitive status.
About the City of New Rochelle
With an unparalleled location, superb quality of life, diverse and talented residents and a focused business climate, New Rochelle is experiencing the transformation of a lifetime. The City's economic development plan will provide a spark for the entire Hudson Valley region, positioning it as "open for business" and embracing smart, transit-oriented development growth patterns. Accelerated by a new, fast-track zoning process, the new Master Development initiative will enhance the downtown area by boosting job creation, property values and private investment – while enhancing sustainability through green and energy-efficient design. Learn more at https://www.ideallynewrochelle.com/.
Latest on Nyenta.com
- 360 Show Time Launches Free Channels on RokuTV
- Seventh annual edition of film festival to unveil SRFF 2020 official film selection
- American Casting and Manufacturing Provides 3 Ways to Use Bolt Seals in 2020
- Lightstone Solutions Announces 2020-2021 On-Site Tribal Gaming Commission Training Series
- Exclusive Private Screening in the Heart of NYC for Multi-Award Winning Short-Film 'Roses are Blind'!
- SHAREHOLDER ALERT: Pomerantz Law Firm Investigates Claims On Behalf of Investors of Landec Corporation - LNDC
- Megha Dontha Narrates Audiobook Version of Best-Selling Startup Book 'The 60 Minute Startup'
- 43-Acre Carneros Ranch in Napa Valley, California, to Auction via Concierge Auctions
- Home Good Design Brand Tsunami Slices Cooking Time in Half With a Sleek New Cutting Board
- Andrew Jones first-ever Collections Curated by Designers of Distinction auction will be held Feb 23
- Spine Care Technologies Inc. and Zober Industries Inc. Announce Strategic Alliance
- Spine Care Technologies Inc. to attend Arab Health2020 in Dubai, UAE
- IAOP and The Rockefeller Foundation Announce Winners of 2020 Global Impact Sourcing Award
- Daniel Imperato CEO of Octobotic Inc. Taps Vinod Sujan Fmr. Oracle Exec. & Aarzoo founder
- IAOP and HCL Announce Winners of the Red Ladder Women in Outsourcing Awards
- Axiros Solution Enables Electronic Frontier UK to Manage Multiple Client Devices and CPE in the Telco/ISP Market
- Saelig Introduces PicoScope 4-Channel 16GHz Sampler-Extended Real-Time Oscilloscope
- Yonkers Mayor Mike Spano Endorses Mike Bloomberg for President of the United States
- Air Duct Cleaning NJ - Why Should I Clean my Home Air Ducts?
- ICR Publishes 2019 SPAC Year in Review Report