The New Rochelle Jazz Festival is pleased to return to Ruby Dee Park at Library Green in 2019 with thanks to the City of New Rochelle, the New Rochelle Sister City Committee, Flynn Financial, and School of Rock of White Plains. This year, in addition to an extraordinary line-up of local talent, the Festival features three guest musicians from La Rochelle, France: saxophonist Marie Celerier, violinist Adele Pelletant, and trumpeter Hugues Sarrat.
The musicians will begin their performance schedule by joining with the Brian Carter Quartet on July 7 at the Jay Heritage Center from 4-7PM, and at Maria Restaurant on July 9 from 6-10PM.
The four-day New Rochelle Jazz Festival events schedule includes:
* Jazz Festival Kickoff on Thursday, July 11 beginning at 7:30pm at Jolo's Garden on 412 North Avenue. (In case of rain, the event will move indoors at Jolo's at 49 Lawton Street.). Kickoff features the La Rochelle Musicians.
More on Nyenta.com
- Croatia's Katarina Line Increases Trade Show Presence in North America and Europe
- Concierge Auctions Earns Coveted Position on the Inc. 5000 List of Fastest-Growing Companies in America For the Sixth Year Running
- George Clinton sparks a Phat Blunt with Miss Velvet and The Blue Wolf
- Country Star Gary West Readies for Worldwide Releases
- Vincent Totoro joins CXO Nexus to help lead Global Integrations
*La Rochelle Musicians appear again on Friday July 12 at 7:30pm at the Hudson Park Band Shell, located at Hudson Park off Pelham Road. The Friday night performance is part of the New Rochelle Council on the Arts' Summer Concert Series www.newrochellearts.org . Bring a picnic dinner or eat at the Hand Crafted + Catering food truck on site.
*Bastille Day Events on Saturday July 13 at Ruby Dee Park/Library Green (at the New Rochelle Library on the corner of Huguenot and Lawton), sponsored by the Sister City Committee. The celebration begins with a Flag Raising Ceremony at 10AM featuring the singing of Marsellaise and the Star Spangled Banner, followed by a family performance at 11AM and a showing of The Red Balloon at 1PM. The La Rochelle Musicians will perform on the Green from 1:00 - 2:00 pm. The day's special programming is in association with the BID New Rochelle Farmer's Market.
More on Nyenta.com
- JMN Logistics and Transportation Announces Largest One-Time Asset Investment in Company History Adding 16 New Trucks
- New Rochelle Launches Artist Certification Program to Boost Artist Housing in the City's Downtown
- Global Kids Awarded New Grant from National Science Foundation to Launch Pilot STEM Project
- B & D Precision Selects Local Advertising Company For Marketing
- Menufy Taps into Postmates to Increase On-Demand Business for Restaurants
*New Rochelle Jazz Festival continues the evening of Saturday July 13 beginning at 5pm at Ruby Dee Park- Library Green. The program features The Kids of School of Rock White Plains at (5pm), our guests from La Rochelle at 6pm, and the band 8track at 8pm.
*New Rochelle Jazz Festival concludes on Sunday July 14 with a continued celebration of Bastille Day beginning at 5pm, again, at Ruby Dee Park-Library Green. Closing day events include music by the Mike Murphy Trio at 5pm and the celebrated New Rochelle Jazz Orchestra at 8pm.
Along with our La Rochelle guest musicians, our Local Resident Artists include Courtney Johnson (Trumpet), Jared Pauley - (Piano/Organ/Bass), Ross Brooks – (Guitar) Adam Weber - (drums) and Brian Carter (Drums and Musical Director) among others.
For more information contact Brian Carter, Director, New Rochelle Jazz Festival
24 Studios (914) 837 7037
Latest on Nyenta.com
- Introducing .NET Core 3 in GdPicture.NET and DocuVieware
- Documentary Film "Harlem School 1970" by Phil Gries Reviewed on the GingerNewYork TV Show
- 2019's Most Empowering Latino Author
- Join WOMBA at the 5th Annual SHIEC Conference
- Stride Movers Announces Free Moving Supplies Promotion
- Concierge Auctions' Summer Mountain Auction Kicks off with Six Global Sales and Record Price in Wyoming
- Work 365 Sync for Self-Service and Provisioning Automation
- Jazz Across the Water, Bordum and Rhodes
- Disruptive Startup Award @ Stanford
- Refereum rewards Dauntless players over USD $3,000 in prizes
- Utica Zoo welcomes 2 newborn Red Panda cubs
- Durante Rentals Makes the Inc. 5000 List for Seventh Straight Year
- Thiel College's safety program one of two Pennsylvania institutions recognized by top credentialing organizations
- Find Out What Happens When Traveling Through Time With No Way To Get Home In "Fatechanger"
- Ancient Rome, Noir, and Pulp themes reign as Dialogue with Three Chords begins 9th season of theatre
- Concierge Auctions Announces August/September Lineup Spanning 4 Countries and 10 U.S. States
- Explore How Families Manage Their Secrets In The New Audiobook "Dandelion Summer"
- BREAKING NEWS! American Pet Professionals Membership Enrollment for 2019 ENDS on August 31, 2019!
- The United States Legal 500 Name Recognizes Fennemore Craig's Real Estate Practice
- Corsis Named to Inc. Magazine's Annual List of America's Fastest-Growing Private Companies