It's one final cheer for the closer of the last century as the City of New Rochelle celebrates former resident & relief pitcher Mariano Rivera's unanimous selection into this year's baseball Hall of Fame with `Mariano Rivera Day' in his adoptive hometown of New Rochelle on Saturday, July 27. With special thanks to the New York Yankees for their sponsorship and support, Mariano Rivera Day will feature a pinstripe parade beginning at 10 AM that culminates with a celebration at the Hudson Park Bandshell. Rivera will receive a special proclamation and the Key to the City before the one and a half mile parade route begins at City Hall on 515 North Avenue (southbound), continuing to Pelham Road and concluding at Hudson Park.
Residents, baseball fans and the general public are invited to line the streets of New Rochelle to celebrate the soon-to-be Hall of Famer. Following the parade, there will be a celebration with DJMG- Mike Guiliano, food, and special surprise give-a-ways, courtesy of the New York Yankees, at the Hudson Park Bandshell.
"Congratulations to Mariano Rivera for his election to the Hall of Fame. It is a well-deserved honor and tribute to his outstanding career. Not only is he a baseball Hall of Famer, but a 'Hall of Famer' in New Rochelle for his generosity and the service he continually provides to our community," said New Rochelle City Manager Charles B. Strome, III.
More on Nyenta.com
- MC Companies Prescribes Happy and Healthy Lifestyles To Employees And Residents
- Buffalo: 'Food Truck Thursdays' 2019 Season Finale
- Buffalo: Mayor Brown Announces Foreclosure Assistance Program That Saves Homeowners From Losing Properties
- Tackle Your "New Year, New You" Resolutions With Streaming Health TV's Dr. Mike Evangel
- Weinstein Spira Announces Multiple Promotions
"Congratulations to Mariano Rivera on becoming the first person in baseball history to be elected unanimously to the Hall of Fame. New Rochelle takes special pride in Mariano, who has been a selfless, generous contributor to our community, and who makes his spiritual home here at Refugio De Esperanza, where his wife Clara serves as Pastor. A well-earned honor for a remarkable athlete and an even more remarkable human being," said New Rochelle Mayor Noam Bramson.
The parade will feature a float carrying Mariano Rivera and family, classic cars and a Gray Line CitySightseeing New York Double Decker Tour Bus that was presented to Mariano Rivera several years ago as part of his induction into their Ride of Fame in 2013.
Also joining the parade to celebrate the legendary relief pitcher:
• Mariano's "adoptive" New Rochelle family members Mickie and Joe Fosina;
• Mariano Rivera Foundation Executive Director Naomi Gandia;
• New Rochelle Youth Baseball and Little League players and coaches, along with High School Baseball and Softball teams;
• Local Marching Bands Iona Pipers, Portchester Brigade & Tappan Zee Bridgeman;
More on Nyenta.com
- Sunknowledge Services Inc: a DME Billing Solution to Improve Your ROI
- Modern Acupuncture Holds Grand Opening Event for 47th Clinic
- La Marketplace B2B de Trace One pour booster les ventes et l'innovation dans l'univers du retail et des PGC
- Woolrior Announces Merino Environmentally Friendly Socks
• New Rochelle Boys & Girls Club;
• New Rochelle Girl Scouts;
• Suburbia Roller Derby;
• Youth & Sports Organizations across Westchester County;
• Westchester County and State dignitaries and other honored guests.
The parade route is in close proximity to the New Rochelle Metro North Train Station, including a 9:05 AM departure on parade day from Grand Central Terminal, arriving at New Rochelle at 9:40 AM. There is also an 8:58 AM departure on parade day from Stamford, arriving in New Rochelle at 9:32 AM.
Nicknamed 'Mo' and 'Sandman,' Rivera is Major League Baseball's greatest closer of all-time, recording 652 career saves including 42 post-season saves. In his 19-year celebrated career all with the New York Yankees, Rivera was a 13-time All-Star, World Series MVP (1999) and five-time World Series Champion. The Panamanian right-handed closer is the first player in MLB history to be elected into the Hall of Fame unanimously.
Latest on Nyenta.com
- S-cubed launch the A3 Community MDR
- Best Production Companies in New York City - Sinema Films
- Waco Family & Faith International Film Festival Launches With The Goals To Empower The Creative Spirit And Celebrate All
- Refereum Partners With Leading Digital Marketplace OpenSea
- Menke to present at the 2019 ESOP Association Hawaii Chapter Annual Conference October 17
- ABC's The View Co-host Sunny Hostin to Host Precious Dreams Foundation 8th Annual Fundraising Gala
- TRU Team Members to Present at Relativity Fest 2019
- Yonkers Mayor Spano Unveils New Bicycle Repair Stations
- Jazmin The Great And Tammy Rivera Bring Women's Empowerment Tour To New York
- Itero Group, LLC Announces Selection to Receive HIRE Vets Platinum Medallion Award
- Visionary 21 Convention Founder Anthony Dream Johnson Becomes First President of "The Manosphere"
- Kevin Joyce Named Chief Commercial Officer at TAG Video Systems
- Matthew Whalen Named President And Chief Executive Officer Of Cord Meyer Development Company
- Sunknowledge Services Inc Sets The Perfect Foundation in HME Billing
- The Sports Circus Strikes Gold With Exclusive Partnership for National Hotel TV Coverage
- Higher Digital and Distance Education Accrediting Commission Partner to Help Colleges and Universities Assess and Improve Distance Learning Programs
- Pet Professional Guild British Isles to Offer Credentialing as Free Membership Benefit in Quest for Higher Levels of Professionalism
- "China Girl" Spins Tale of Far-Right Trumplandian Dystopia
- IOTech Announces Agreement with Global Industrial Gateway Manufacturer to Market its Edge Xpert IoT Edge Platform
- Team Barlow Strong Partners with Northwestern University to Develop an Adaptive Baseball Pitching Machine