This July 4 cap off your holiday evening with a viewing of the grand fireworks display at the New Rochelle waterfront. Produced by the famous Grucci family, and sponsored by the City of New Rochelle, the annual "Spark the Sound" extravaganza starts at 9:30 pm, rain or shine. Optimum viewing locations are Hudson Park, Five Islands Park, and waterfront restaurants.
The fireworks display kicks off a month of activities to celebrate July as "Parks and Recreation Month." Beginning July 4, Hudson Park Beach will be open full time —admission is free. The Lincoln Park Pool also opens for the season on July 4 and pool passes are now available for purchase.
Enjoy Special Events all summer
Every Wednesday night June 26 – August 28 the Hudson Park Bandshell comes alive with the Emil Paolucci Summer Sounds Concert Series presented by the New Rochelle Council on the Arts, with an expanded Friday concerts series most weeks through the end of August. All concerts feature a different food truck and the Wednesday concerts are preceded by free yoga at 6 PM on the Hudson Park Greenhouse lawn. Downtown on Saturdays from 9am-2pm, the New Rochelle BID expanded Farmers Market in Library Green features produce, artisanal foods, beautiful crafts, and family programming in conjunction with the New Rochelle Public Library. This year, the New Rochelle Jazz Festival takes place July 11-14, with a special Bastille Day flag raising and program at the Market on Saturday July 13.
More on Nyenta.com
- Sage IT Announces New Chief Customer Officer
- IAOP Announces Its 2020 Awards Season
- Connected Real Estate Magazine Joins the 2019 PropTech Challenge as Silver Sponsor
- Triage Partners Integrates Incoming Quality Inspection (IQC) and Acceptable Quality Level (AQL) Testing in WipIT™ Software System
- Insite Risk Management Adds Two Seasoned Executives To Its Leadership Roster
In addition, mark your calendars for these upcoming events: Saturday July 27 the Pinstripe Parade celebrates Mariano Rivera's induction into the Baseball Hall of Fame followed by a party in Hudson Park, and that night, the Lighted Boat Parade sails along the New Rochelle coastline. Looking ahead, join your neighbors on Thursday August 1 for New Rochelle Day at Playland Park, support your New Rochelle Police Department at their National Night Out on Tuesday August 6, and finally, on Sunday September 8 come to the 7th annual Street Fair at its new location surrounding City Hall.
Plus, there is more! Learn to kayak or paddleboard at Five Islands Park through the L.L. Bean Discovery program; try out New Rochelle's Bike Share program; or learn to sail at the Port Sailing School at the New Rochelle Marina. You can admire the community gardens at Ward Acres and Lincoln Park; or, take your dog to Paws Place at Ward Acres, the county's largest dog park. Paws Place permits are available at the Parks and Recreation Office where you can also purchase discount theme park tickets for Dorney Park, Hershey Park, Six Flags and more. The office is located at 515 North Avenue, ground floor, with hours 8:30AM to 4:30PM.
More on Nyenta.com
- Luigi's Original Cannoli Pie of Bridgeport, CT Receives Kosher Certification
- BiKi.com Makes a Splash at Consensus Singapore: Invest Asia 2019
- Havas New York CEO Laura Maness to Provide Opening Keynote at USA-Central Europe Women in Business Summit
- Cardiovascular Disease Related Peptides Are Now Accessible at Creative Peptides
- Global Institutional Investors To Increase Alternative Data Usage, Proficiency In Machine Learning Set For Growth
For more information contact the Parks and Recreation Department at 654-2087 or visit www.newrochelleny.com/parks.
Latest on Nyenta.com
- New Rochelle Boosts Local Businesses with New Resident Discount Card
- Albany: RFP 2019:29 Quackenbush Square Cooling Tower
- Perfect Body Laser and Aesthetics® Now Has Cynosure's Synchro REPLA:Y, The World's Fastest and Most Powerful Alexandrite Laser Technology
- Which companies are using Erlang, and why? #MyTopdogStatus
- Stratum Nutrition Welcomes David Hoover as Marketing Coordinator
- The Brooklyn Heights Designer Showhouse returns September 2019
- Buffalo: Mayor Brown, Commissioner Lockwood, And BPDNET Bring Hiring Opportunities into the JFK Neighborhood
- Mayor Brown Announces Free Museum Day in Buffalo!
- Moodify Raises $1.6M Funding for Advanced Functional Scents
- AccessLex Institute to Serve as Title Sponsor of National Pre-Law Diversity Initiatives, Inc.'s Outreach Events
- 20 Gutter Facts for 20 Years of The Brothers Who Just Do Gutters
- Smithtown Children's Foundation 2019 Community Table Relocates
- New study looks at whether your business writing is effective
- The Biafran Conscriptors: Memoirs of the Nigerian-Biafra Civil War (1967-1970)
- Fashion: ANTORINI enters the fashion world – an achievement celebrated across the globe
- BBQ RESCUES! Foundation Volunteer Hollywood Actress Katrina Kenally is in the Running for Maxim Covergirl
- Midland, TX is the Best City for Real Estate Sales Agents
- Author Launches Column Accompanying Debut Book
- Journeypure And After The Impact Announce New Intensive Wellness Program For Leaders, Legends And Heroes
- Riskpulse Launches Riskpulse OnTime, The Next Generation of Actionable Intelligence for Service Prediction & Delay Mitigation in Global Supply Chains