- Templeton Global Income Fund Announces Update on Investment Adviser Transition to Saba Capital
- LI-CYCLE DEADLINE ALERT: Securities Litigation Partner James (Josh) Wilson Encourages Investors Who Suffered Losses In Li-Cycle To Contact Him Directly To Discuss Their Options
- Revolutionize Tracking with the iLocate Mini Tracker from Endoacustica Europe!
Westchester County Executive George Latimer urged residents to "pace themselves – don't overdo it in the heat" and to check in on elderly or ailing neighbors. Sherlita Amler, MD, Westchester County Commissioner of Health, warned that those most vulnerable to adverse effects from the heat include the very young, seniors, people who are obese and those with high blood pressure, heart disease, diabetes or lung conditions. Heat stroke is a serious and life-threatening condition that can take people by surprise; symptoms include hot red, dry skin, shallow breathing, a rapid weak pulse and confusion.
Dr. Amler also reminded residents never to leave children, pets or people alone in a car as temperatures can quickly rise to unsafe levels. Heat exhaustion is another concern during a heat wave; seniors, young children, people who are overweight or have high blood pressure are most at risk. Signs of heat exhaustion include headache, nausea or vomiting, dizziness and exhaustion as well as cool moist pale or flushed skin.
More on Nyenta.com
- New York Junior League Announces its 2024 Outstanding Sustainers and Outstanding Volunteers to Be
- Kirby McInerney LLP Announces the Filing of a Securities Class Action on Behalf of Dollar General Corporation (DG) Investors
- Rochester: Updates on Pulaski Building Fire
- Cboe Global Markets to Present at the Goldman Sachs 2023 U.S. Financial Services Conference Wednesday, December 6
- Dominating Business Intelligence: Informer Tops the BI & Analytics Survey for the Fourth Time
Those who plan to travel by car should prepare their vehicle before hitting the road; always travel with a spare battery and avoid leaving radios phone chargers and other accessories running when the engine is not. Check to make sure your air conditioning is properly functioning and coolant is at the proper level; if travelling in less populated areas bring water and an umbrella for shade if it becomes necessary to leave the car. Always keep air flowing throughout the vehicle and try to park in the shade.
For tips on how to prevent heat-related illness and places where residents can stay cool they can visit the Health Department website or use Cooling Center Finder for respite from the heat. Elevated heat and humidity can also lead to unhealthy levels of ozone so residents should check airnow.gov for air quality updates or call New York State Air Quality Hotline at 1-800-535-1345 for forecasts daily ozone conditions. The County's Department of Emergency Services is monitoring weather forecasts tracking Cooling Centers openings as well as being in contact with Con Edison and NYSEG concerning potential power outages due to extreme weather conditions.
Latest on Nyenta.com
- Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) Market size in APAC to grow by USD 291.19 million from 2022 to 2027, Increasing M&A to drive growth - Technavio
- Advcash adds instant Pix payments in Brazil
- Mobile Power Generation Equipment Rentals Market to increase by USD 629.21 million during 2022-2027 | Increasing infrastructural activities to drive the growth - Technavio
- Floris United Methodist Church announces first-ever mission trip for people with disabilities
- Rochester: – Edgerton R-Center Model Railroad Delivers Holiday Cheer During Special December Hours
- SHAREHOLDER ALERT: Pomerantz Law Firm Investigates Claims On Behalf of Investors of Sweetgreen, Inc. - SG
- DOLLAR GENERAL ALERT: Bragar Eagel & Squire, P.C. Announces that a Class Action Lawsuit Has Been Filed Against Dollar General Corporation and Encourages Investors to Contact the Firm
- SHAREHOLDER ALERT: Pomerantz Law Firm Investigates Claims On Behalf of Rockley Photonics Holdings Limited - RKLY; RKLY.W
- Sip Social Co. Partners With Omnify To Streamline User Experience Across Growing Operations
- AmatoMartin Strengthens Market Presence with Acquisition of Valpak Increasing Capabilities Across Mailboxes and Digital Platforms
- Gary Cross of Maher Terminals named 2024 Person of the Year by the NYNJFFFBA
- New Rochelle: Free 2 Hour Holiday Parking December 1-31
- Fred Nassiri Relaunches "Love Sees No Colour"
- A Culinary Haven in Little Caribbean, Brooklyn, Captures Hearts and Palates
- New Book 'The Kelsey Outrage' by Alison Hubbard Launching January 25th, 2024
- The Dog Gurus Bring Light to Mysterious Respiratory Illness in Dogs
- Sphere To Feature First-Of-Its-Kind Exosphere Activation With The Radio City Rockettes This Holiday Season
- Miss Grass Launches "Faces Of Cannabis" to Dismantle Harmful Stereotypes of the Cannabis Community
- SMBC Hires Paul Burke to Lead New Capital Solutions Group
- National Widowers Organization Announces Appointment of Eric Washington to the Board of Directors