- Rochester: Mayor Releases 4th Episode of State of the City
- City of New Rochelle Announces Soft Launch of New Bike Share & E-Scooter System Operated by VeoRide
- The City of Rochester Announces Implementation Plan for RASE Commission Recommendations
Westchester County's Department of Environmental Facilities (DEF) will be conducting a Household Recycling Day (HRD) Event on Saturday, June 12 from 9a.m. to 3p.m. at FDR Park, 2957 Crompound Rd., Rte 202, Yorktown. COVID-19 precautions are in place to allow DEF to once again host these events for County residents. Residents are should place items in their trunk or backseat, remain in their vehicles, and must wear masks while in the drop-off area.
In 2020, DEF hosted two HRD Events and residents delivered nearly 275,000 pounds of household waste and approximately 37,000 pounds of documents for shredding.
In addition to properly labelled household chemicals, tires, scrap metal, electronics, appliances, and other special wastes found in a typical household, residents can bring documents for shredding and expired or unwanted medications for disposal to the May 8 HRD Event.
Generally, the following items are accepted for safe disposal or recycling:
- Properly labelled household chemicals, such as:
o Household cleaning products
o Most automotive fluids (antifreeze, brake fluid, gasoline, but not motor oil)
o Flammable liquids (kerosene, butane, lighter fluid, turpentine)
o Metal, jewelry, and furniture polishes and waxes; wood preservatives
o Fertilizers, pesticides, insecticides, herbicides
More on Nyenta.com
- SmartAsset Raises $110 Million in Series D Funding, Bringing its Valuation to Over $1 Billion
- Colombia's Top Podcasting Platform Podway Obtains Nine (9) Nominations to the Latin Podcast Awards
- SlimCare Medical has announced the New Website Launch
- From Packs To Pitches: Global Lay's® Replay Program Gives Packaging A New Purpose With Sustainable Football Pitches USA - English USA - English
- Rochester: Food Truck Rodeos Return
o Photographic and swimming pool chemicals
- Batteries – only vehicle, rechargeable, or button cell
- Fluorescent light bulbs & CFLs
- Fire extinguishers
- BBQ propane tanks (up to 20 lbs.)
- Mercury containing devices (thermometers and thermostats)
- Electronic waste (TVs, computer monitors and towers)
- Expired or unwanted medications, both OTC and prescription
- Personal documents for shredding (limit of four (4) file-size boxes per household)
Items that will not be accepted and should not be brought to the Household Recycling Day include paint (both latex and oil), non-rechargeable alkaline and carbon zinc batteries (they can be safely discarded in the trash), motor oil, smoke detectors, cell phones, explosives (flares, fireworks, ammunition), construction debris and hypodermic needles. Also, waste from businesses, schools, or other institutions will not be accepted.
For more information on what to bring to this event, visit www.westchestergov.com/recycling or call (914) 813-5425.
More on Nyenta.com
- HOME POINT CAPITAL ALERT: Bragar Eagel & Squire, P.C. Reminds Investors That a Class Action Lawsuit Has Been Filed Against Home Point Capital, Inc. and Encourages Investors to Contact the Firm
- Cryptsoft's KMIP technology strengthens security in Networked Energy Services' Advanced Metering Infrastructure solutions
- reVovler's El Show de Piolín, Luis Jimenez Pod, Alex El Genio Lucas, Nominated Latin Podcast Awards
- MetLife Announces Full Redemption of 3.048% Series C Senior Component Debentures, Tranche 2
- Chuck's Vintage, Inc., Subsidiary Of Green Stream Holdings, Inc., Featured in Social Life
If you are unable to attend the HRD Event, you can still dispose of your hard-to-get-rid-of household waste by making a convenient appointment for the County's Household-Material Recycling Facility (H-MRF), 15 Woods Road, Valhalla. The H-MRF is open Tuesday through Saturday from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. by appointment, and accepts the same items that are accepted at the HRD events. For more information about the H-MRF or to make an appointment, visit https://environment.westchestergov.com/facilities/h-mrf or call (914) 813-5425.
For more information on Westchester County environmental programs and events follow us on Facebook at:
Latest on Nyenta.com
- Hepsiburada Announces Launch of Initial Public Offering
- What Is Cobwebs' Cyber Threat Intelligence and How Can It Help Secure Organizations?
- Sprinklr Announces Pricing of Initial Public Offering
- MIT Enterprise Forum of NYC Closes and Donates Cash Reserves
- Top Executive from Under Armour Joins CEO Coaching International®
- DJ Xotic Mami Signs With Mondesir Media & Communication
- BlackRock to Host Call for BCAT and BIGZ Closed-End Funds on Thursday, June 24th
- THE MAGIC OF ROB LAKE, with Broadway Pedigree, Breaks Records for Armed Forces Entertainment
- Partner Kevin J. O'Brien will be a panelist at a Lexology webinar on Thursday June 24th discussing the Meng Wanzhou case.
- BTG Pactual Strategic Capital, Morning Calm Management and Grupo Patio Launch Aurora Industrial
- TycoonInvest Launches Platform for the General Public to Invest in Startups and Small Businesses
- The National Association of Collegiate Esports Partners with Fair-Play Corporation
- RealClear Publishing Releases The New Civil War: Exposing Elites, Fighting Utopian Leftism, and Restoring America by Conservative Commentator Bruce D. Abramson
- Itero Group, LLC, Announces Leadership Addition to Salesforce Practice
- AdvisorSmith Finds the Average Savings Account Balance in the U.S
- Amesbury Elementary School Contract Awarded to CTA Construction Managers
- Blackstone Hires Global Head of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Master Agent Bridgepointe Joins The Evolve IP Partner Program
- Women-Led Fintech, Pasito, Welcomes Julie Scotland as Co-Founder and CMO
- Most Active New Venture Capital Firms Globally 2021 Released at F50 Global Capital Summit