- Pure Strategies Offers 2024 Nature Action Forum for Business
- Colossal NY Announces Release "Kiffy the Panda & His Friend Ratpack" by Author Patricia Mulholland
- B. RILEY SHAREHOLDER ACTION REMINDER: Securities Litigation Partner James (Josh) Wilson Encourages Investors Who Suffered Losses Exceeding $75,000 In B. Riley To Contact Him Directly To Discuss Their Options
The report reveals that the share of companies rating their sustainability programmes as either "extremely" or "considerably" successful has significantly increased from a combined total of 28% in 2020 to 68% today. Additionally, half of companies (52%) are already making fundamental changes to their business model to achieve long-term decarbonisation commitments.
However, only 20% say they are "meeting or exceeding" their ambitious goals, acknowledging the extent of work that still needs to be done. A majority of companies also expect future "significant change" or "complete transformation" of some fundamental business practices — including technology and data, sourcing and supply chain, employee skillsets, and even the products and services they offer — in order to reach their long-term decarbonisation commitments.
More on Nyenta.com
- Strat-O-Matic Opening Day At Glen Head, N.Y. Headquarters A Big Hit For Fans
- EEi Ushers in New Era, Executive Enterprise Institute Conference Returns To New York in June 2024
- FOX News Channel's Bret Baier to Interview Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy in Ukraine on Thursday, February 22nd
- ARC Fund Launches with Underrepresented Founders to Increase Alternative Capital for Impact Entrepreneurs Facing Scarcity of VC Money
- Ongoing Digitization of UK Legal Sector Elevates Exposure to Cyber Risks -- Nic Miller, Counter-Ransomware (C-RW)
Mathias Lelievre, CEO of ENGIE Impact said: "The signals from our 2024 Net Zero Report research are encouraging, with corporate leaders indicating they are open to the necessary transformational change. There are signs of progress, but there is still significant work to be done. The necessary acceleration is not there yet. We need to do it faster. It needs to happen today. It's time for businesses and governments to prioritise doing the executional work.''
The research revealed five core roadblocks inhibiting corporate decarbonisation progress: multiple business priorities and a lack of executive focus; internal governance bottlenecks that slow decision-making and execution; budget constraints that limit the speed of execution; limited data and technology to measure and report progress; lack of internal skillsets to execute change at pace and scale.
Lelievre added: "These roadblocks are cross-functional and cannot be solved by one group or team alone... Taking a holistic business approach addresses all of these roadblocks — turning inhibitors into benefits and creating a pathway to success.''
He concluded: "Most organisations have clear decarbonisation goals for 2050 and many organisations have interim targets to hit by the end of this decade... Now is the time to accelerate decarbonisation efforts together."
ENGIE Impact's 2024 Net Zero Report provides insights on global decarbonisation trends and opportunities for businesses looking for ways to make headway on their sustainability goals.
Filed Under: Business
Latest on Nyenta.com
- Albany Home Inspector Offers Free Continuing Education to Real Estate Agents
- BreeKay x Kasairi Join That's Not Christian Podcast as TNC Media Expands its Lineup
- Tune In to Fox Business Network for an Interview with Financial Literacy Advocate Jim Silbernagel
- PNC Executive To Speak At RBC Capital Markets Conference
- PFCU Credit Union Taps Scienaptic's AI-Powered Credit Underwriting Platform
- Axiros is Proud to Announce a New Release of TR-369/USP Controller - AX USP 2.7
- Beyond the Star Seller Badge: Link.Store's Analysis of Top 100 Etsy Sellers Shows Diverse Paths to Success
- Joe Riley The Axeman Unleashed releases new single "Sand Vein"
- Rochester: City Recreation Bureau Hiring Summer Workers
- SAN LOSS ALERT: ROSEN, TRUSTED INVESTOR COUNSEL, Encourages Banco Santander, S.A. Investors to Inquire About Securities Class Action Investigation – SAN
- ROSEN, RECOGNIZED INVESTOR COUNSEL, Encourages Equity LifeStyle Properties, Inc. Investors to Inquire About Securities Class Action Investigation - ELS
- Yonkers Mayor Spano Presents School Spotlight Award to School 17
- Titan Advanced Solutions, Inc. Awarded GSA Multiple Award Schedule Contract by General Services Administration
- MEDIA ADVISORY - Building a Healthier New Jersey
- The Piacentile Law Firm Announces $25.5 Million Settlement To Be Paid By Lincare Inc. For Fraudulent Billing Practices
- Montice Harmon's New Single 'I Love My Black & Brown People' A Celebration of Heritage and Culture
- Torres Trade Law Recognized in the Chambers Texas Regional Spotlight Guide for 2024
- The Honorable Peter J. O'Donoghue (Ret.) Joins NAM's Esteemed Panel of Neutrals
- NYC-Based Rockers Lonnieclaire Celebrate the 25th Anniversary of Their Debut Album
- TRONUS: First Female Athlete-Owned Sneaker Company Backs USA Flag Football, Sponsors Star Athletes, and Redefines Recovery Footwear