- New Rochelle: Joe Coffee's Grand Opening
- New Rochelle: New York State Grants Available for Small Businesses
- New Rochelle: Downtown Parking Options Expanded with 175 New Spaces
TYSONS, Va., Sept. 20, 2022 /PRNewswire/ -- PenFed Credit Union, the nation's second-largest federal credit union, sponsored a night of side-splitting comedy with the Armed Services Arts Partnership (ASAP) "Combat to Comedy" performance at Carolines on Broadway in New York City Thursday, Sept. 15. After a two-year hiatus, the event featured stand-up comedy from headlining comics Mark Normand, Sal Vulcano, Jo Firestone and Seth Herzog alongside military veterans supported by ASAP and PenFed Credit Union President/CEO James Schenck and PenFed Chief Information Officer Joseph Thomas.
ASAP is a nonprofit that builds creative communities where military veterans and their families thrive through the arts. Veterans who take ASAP classes build their resilience and confidence, restore a sense of purpose and rediscover the bonds of their service. To date, PenFed has donated over $200,000 to support the 2,000 veterans in the ASAP community. The "Combat to Comedy" performance raised $236,000 to support veterans in the arts.
More on Nyenta.com
- EQUITY ALERT: The M&A Class Action Firm Announces the Investigation of CarLotz, Inc. - LOTZ
- Broadstone Net Lease Announces Third Quarter 2022 Rent Collection Results and Plan to Provide a Business Update Shortly After the Completion of the Quarter
- Gov. Hochul Tours Renovated Feinstein Institutes Bioelectronic Medicine Lab, Announces First $10 Million Award
- QP Extends Lead in Social Access Apps with Latest Release
- Rosann Santos Discusses DEI in TV & Film and Actor Steve Toussaint in House of the Dragon
"PenFed is proud to continue our partnership with ASAP, as it provides members of the military community free art and comedy classes," said Schenck. "ASAP provides veterans and their families the opportunity to develop new skills, hone their stories and connect to another supportive community after leaving the military."
To witness some of the inspiring stories of members of the military community positively impacted by ASAP, please watch the following videos produced by PenFed Digital here. Donations to support the military community through ASAP can be made here.
"PenFed has transformed thousands of veterans' lives with its committed, long-term support of the ASAP community," said ASAP Executive Director Brian Jenkins. "Our Combat to Comedy event is just the latest example of PenFed addressing the challenges many veterans face after their service."
About PenFed Credit Union
Established in 1935, Pentagon Federal Credit Union (PenFed) is America's second-largest federal credit union, serving 2.8 million members worldwide with $36.6 billion in assets as of June 30, 2022. PenFed Credit Union offers market-leading certificates, checking, credit cards, personal loans, mortgages, auto loans, student loans, and a wide range of other financial services. Our mission is to empower members of our community to achieve their financial well-being. PenFed Credit Union is federally insured by the NCUA and is an Equal Housing Lender. To learn more about PenFed Credit Union, visit PenFed.org, like us on Facebook and follow us @PenFed on Twitter. Interested in working for PenFed? Check us out on LinkedIn. We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
More on Nyenta.com
- FOX Business Network Continues Reign as Leader in Business News With Highest Rated Quarter Since 2020
- Oxi Fresh Targets New York For Growth
- Women Veterans Giving is Recognizing a Woman Veteran with the Annual Melissa Washington Small Business Award on October 6
- New Release: Azazel's Public House by Marc Arginteanu
- Gloat Wins HR Product of the Year for Workforce Intelligence Suite
About Armed Services Arts Partnership
The Armed Services Arts Partnership (ASAP) is the largest community arts organization serving the military community in the US. ASAP fosters creative communities where veterans and their families thrive through the arts. The nonprofit's free, immersive classes include stand-up comedy, storytelling, improv, creative writing, acting, drawing, and more. Peer-reviewed research demonstrates ASAP participants experience significant, lasting improvements in resilience, belonging, self-esteem, and integration of self. ASAP has served 2,000 veterans in eight years and ASAP alumni have performed for 150,000 audience members. Learn more at http://www.asapasap.org.
SOURCE PenFed Credit Union
Filed Under: Business
Latest on Nyenta.com
- Harold Sconiers Discovers the Key to 'Immortality'
- New Rochelle: 65th Annual Frederick J. Todora Golf Tournament at Wykagyl Country Club
- Junior R. King, DPM, is recognized by Continental Who's Who
- Assurant Extends Longstanding T-Mobile Partnership with New Multiyear Agreement
- Make it an Endless Summer with El Monte RV, Getaway for a Weekend with One Tank Trips
- PLAN INTERNATIONAL USA AND UNSPLASH FOR GOOD CHALLENGE STEREOTYPES, REWRITE THE ALGORITHM AND ELEVATE INCLUSIVE IMAGES OF GIRLS AND YOUNG WOMEN
- Edtech Nonprofit UPchieve Surpasses 50,000 Hours of Free Tutoring Provided to Low-Income Students
- KBRA Releases Report Assigning AA+ Rating and Stable Outlook to the City of New York General Obligation Bonds, Fiscal 2023 Series B, Subseries B-1, and Taxable General Obligation Social Bonds, Fiscal 2023 Series B, Subseries B-2
- Solutions Granted Inc. Named to MSSP Alert's Top 250 MSSPs List for 2022
- Orbex Receives Best FX Research & Education Provider Award 2022
- CNX Resources Corporation Announces Early Results and Early Payment Date for Tender Offer for its 7.25% Senior Notes due 2027
- SIGLENT Technologies Expands the Addressable Frequency Range of its RF Instruments to Best Support Microwave Range
- Bregal Partners Announces Three Key New Hires
- Ideanomics launches a product design studio to create a new generation of high-performance electric mobility and charging solutions USA - English Deutschland - Deutsch France - FranÃ§ais USA - English Ð Ð¾Ñ�Ñ�Ð¸Ñ� - PÑƒÑ�Ñ�ÐºÐ¸Ð¹ EspaÃ±a - espaÃ±ol Sloven
- We Are Messengers Brooklyn Concert At Historic Opera House At Emmaus Center
- The Estée Lauder Companies and BALMAIN are Partnering to Launch BALMAIN BEAUTY
- UAV Market 2026, Increasing Defense Spending On Unmanned Technologies to Boost Growth - Technavio
- K Patrice Williams gains broad sweep of community support for Fairfield City Council
- *** SAVE THE DATE *** Yonkers Police to host Coffee with a Cop - Wednesday, October 5th, 9:30 AM and 4 PM - two locations!
- "Patience" the single by St. Mauricio