- Rochester: Mayor Releases 4th Episode of State of the City
- City of New Rochelle Announces Soft Launch of New Bike Share & E-Scooter System Operated by VeoRide
- The City of Rochester Announces Implementation Plan for RASE Commission Recommendations
The City is seeking residents to participate in a one-year initiative designed to help those who have completed high school and have either declined to attend, or dropped out of college or trade school or are unable to maintain employment.
The Opportunity Fair will include presentations by employment, educational, vocational and health-service providers and other community organizations that help residents overcome barriers toward entering careers that require higher levels of traditional, non-academic or technical education or skill development.
This program is intended to open doors to careers with higher wages and employment success. It is open to residents impacted by systemic racism and institutional inequity that has created institutional barriers to obtaining a quality education and equitable employment.
More on Nyenta.com
- SmartAsset Raises $110 Million in Series D Funding, Bringing its Valuation to Over $1 Billion
- Colombia's Top Podcasting Platform Podway Obtains Nine (9) Nominations to the Latin Podcast Awards
- SlimCare Medical has announced the New Website Launch
- From Packs To Pitches: Global Lay's® Replay Program Gives Packaging A New Purpose With Sustainable Football Pitches USA - English USA - English
- Rochester: Food Truck Rodeos Return
Eligible participants will receive assistance with enrollment in vocational training, earning a college degree, a trade license or certificate or help with enrolling in a workforce development program to earn a skilled-trade certificate. Participants will be provided support to obtain wrap-around services to help them overcome financial and other barriers that have systemically prevented them from achieving their educational goals, or wrap around services for child-care, housing, food, employment, language and transportation.
The initiative is designed by the National League of Cities and is being administered by the City's Office of Special Projects and Educational Initiatives in partnership with RochesterWorks, Inc.; SUNY Brockport's Rochester Educational Opportunity Center; Action for a Better Community; Monroe Community College; IBERO-American Action League, Inc.; The Center for Youth Services; FoodLink, Inc; the Urban League; and BOCES II.
Participants must register at cityofrochester.gov/OpportunityFair or by calling 428-7839. The registration deadline is Wednesday, Sept. 16. A ZOOM registration will be forwarded upon completion of the information form.
News Media: For more information, contact 311 or (585) 428-5990 outside city limits.
Latest on Nyenta.com
- Dr. Sebi's Daughters Saama & Taiwa Speak Out From Honduras – His Legacy Belongs To Us
- New Reverse Bayonet Connector from Amphenol is Designed to Deliver High Power
- Syxsense Extends Enterprise Integration with Secure API
- CAI International Merger Investigation: Halper Sadeh LLP Announces Investigation Into Whether the Sale of CAI International, Inc. Is Fair to Shareholders; Investors Are Encouraged to Contact the Firm – CAI
- Identity Podcast Authenticity Feat. Denise Dixon
- New York Sports Hall of Fame Relaunches with Historic Content from Comprehensive Digital Archives
- From Berkshire to Hollywood: 1950s Style Seamed Stockings by Retro Lingerie Brand What Katie Did
- Uptime.com Named a Top Performer in G2.com, Inc.'s Summer 2021 Grid® and Index Reports
- Stack Overflow Introduces Collectives™, Brings Developers and Technology Organizations Together to Build Faster Through Community
- Fund Street Technologies Brand Named One of Florida's 'Best Companies To Work For' for the 2nd Time
- RealTrends + Tom Ferry Announce 2021 America's Best Real Estate Professionals List 16th Annual Real Estate Ranking
- LeagueApps Appoints Three New Executives to Management Team
- Autism's Got Talent Announces the 2nd Annual On-Line Talent Fundraiser Competition
- PixelPlex is a Pioneer in the Internet of Things (IoT) Development
- First Participant Dosed in Pfizer's Pivotal Phase 3 TALAPRO-3 Combination Study of Talazoparib and Enzalutamide in Metastatic Castration-Sensitive Prostate Cancer (mCSPC)
- Hepsiburada Announces Launch of Initial Public Offering
- What Is Cobwebs' Cyber Threat Intelligence and How Can It Help Secure Organizations?
- Sprinklr Announces Pricing of Initial Public Offering
- MIT Enterprise Forum of NYC Closes and Donates Cash Reserves
- Top Executive from Under Armour Joins CEO Coaching International®