- Rochester: Mayor Releases 4th Episode of State of the City
- City of New Rochelle Announces Soft Launch of New Bike Share & E-Scooter System Operated by VeoRide
- The City of Rochester Announces Implementation Plan for RASE Commission Recommendations
"Improving access to nutritious food options for city residents is an incredibly important part of our mission to create more jobs, safer, more vibrant neighborhoods and better educational opportunities," said Mayor Warren. "The Rochester Food Policy Council will seek to improve equity in the city's food system and thus, the health and wellness of our citizens. I would like to commend and thank everyone who has worked on the Council's planning team and encourage anyone who desires to contribute to this noble cause to apply."
"We are excited about the creation of a food policy council, as this work is long overdue in Rochester," said Julia Tedesco, President & CEO of Foodlink. "But we know that the council will only be strong if it represents our community. We hope to see a lot of applications and stand ready to share widely throughout our network."
More on Nyenta.com
- SmartAsset Raises $110 Million in Series D Funding, Bringing its Valuation to Over $1 Billion
- Colombia's Top Podcasting Platform Podway Obtains Nine (9) Nominations to the Latin Podcast Awards
- SlimCare Medical has announced the New Website Launch
- From Packs To Pitches: Global Lay's® Replay Program Gives Packaging A New Purpose With Sustainable Football Pitches USA - English USA - English
- Rochester: Food Truck Rodeos Return
"Good nutrition is a fundamental building block of health, but many residents face barriers to enjoying healthy food," said Mike Bulger, Healthy Communities Project Coordinator at Common Ground Health. "The Rochester Food Policy Council will build on the wisdom of residents and successful efforts already underway to address the underlying causes of food inequities. The goal is a local food system that supports everyone's health."
The Food Policy Council will help focus community efforts toward policies that support a more equitable and healthy food system to create a long-lasting, sustainable impact on the community's overall health. It will comprise 13 members: 10 selected through an application process; and three appointees to represent the City of Rochester, Common Ground Health and Foodlink.
The creation of a Food Policy Council is included in "Rochester 2034," the City's comprehensive plan, to emphasize the role of food equity in the long-term success of all residents by increasing access to healthy food and reducing the abundance of unhealthy food in the community. Common Ground Health, Foodlink and residents partnered with the City to lead a community engagement and planning process to lay the foundation for the development of the Council.
To apply for a role on the Council or to learn more about this initiative, visit www.rocfoodpolicy.org. The application is also available at all City branch libraries and Neighborhood Service Centers. The application deadline is July 30.
Latest on Nyenta.com
- Dr. Sebi's Daughters Saama & Taiwa Speak Out From Honduras – His Legacy Belongs To Us
- New Reverse Bayonet Connector from Amphenol is Designed to Deliver High Power
- Syxsense Extends Enterprise Integration with Secure API
- CAI International Merger Investigation: Halper Sadeh LLP Announces Investigation Into Whether the Sale of CAI International, Inc. Is Fair to Shareholders; Investors Are Encouraged to Contact the Firm – CAI
- Identity Podcast Authenticity Feat. Denise Dixon
- New York Sports Hall of Fame Relaunches with Historic Content from Comprehensive Digital Archives
- From Berkshire to Hollywood: 1950s Style Seamed Stockings by Retro Lingerie Brand What Katie Did
- Uptime.com Named a Top Performer in G2.com, Inc.'s Summer 2021 Grid® and Index Reports
- Stack Overflow Introduces Collectives™, Brings Developers and Technology Organizations Together to Build Faster Through Community
- Fund Street Technologies Brand Named One of Florida's 'Best Companies To Work For' for the 2nd Time
- RealTrends + Tom Ferry Announce 2021 America's Best Real Estate Professionals List 16th Annual Real Estate Ranking
- LeagueApps Appoints Three New Executives to Management Team
- Autism's Got Talent Announces the 2nd Annual On-Line Talent Fundraiser Competition
- PixelPlex is a Pioneer in the Internet of Things (IoT) Development
- First Participant Dosed in Pfizer's Pivotal Phase 3 TALAPRO-3 Combination Study of Talazoparib and Enzalutamide in Metastatic Castration-Sensitive Prostate Cancer (mCSPC)
- Hepsiburada Announces Launch of Initial Public Offering
- What Is Cobwebs' Cyber Threat Intelligence and How Can It Help Secure Organizations?
- Sprinklr Announces Pricing of Initial Public Offering
- MIT Enterprise Forum of NYC Closes and Donates Cash Reserves
- Top Executive from Under Armour Joins CEO Coaching International®