- New Rochelle: NRPD Observes May 15-21 as National Police Memorial Week
- Mayor Evans Releases His First Proposed City Budget 2022-23 Fiscal Year Budget Seeks to Chart Prosperous Future for Rochester & Address Six Administration Priorities
- Yonkers Police Arrest Three Bronx Men for Brazen Jewelry Store Smash and Grab
Mayor Malik D. Evans is strengthening his support and commitment to the City of Rochester's "Buy the Block – Greenlining for a Better Rochester" program by announcing today the next steps in the initiative.
The City has selected the Greater Rochester Housing Partnership as the developer who will work in tandem with Atlas Contractors, LLC, Ibero American Development Corporation, and Howard Hanna's Garcia Team to construct up to 24 single-family homes on vacant city-owned parcels for the program. The recommendation is pending City Council approval and will be considered next month.
"The Buy the Block program is about equity," said Mayor Malik Evans. "It's about righting the wrongs of decades of housing discrimination by turning redlined areas in the city into "green lined" opportunities, where Black and Brown families can accumulate wealth through homeownership, and create a prosperous future for generations to come. I am truly grateful for the continued support of our government partners Senator Majority Leader Chuck Schumer and Senator Kirsten Gillibrand and Representative Joseph Morelle so we can provide affordable and adequate housing to city families."
More on Nyenta.com
- Cornerstone and Swiftlane Announce Strategic Technology Initiative to Create Safer Rental Communities in Denver
- NYC REIT Sends Letter Urging Shareholders to Vote for Company's Incumbent Director Nominee as Annual Meeting Approaches
- TUPPERWARE ALERT: Bragar Eagel & Squire, P.C. is Investigating Tupperware Brands Corporation on Behalf of Tupperware Stockholders and Encourages Investors to Contact the Firm
- The Dog Gurus Collaborate with Blue-9 for Advancement of Dog Daycare Enrichment Programs
- Lindsay Goldberg Completes Sale of Pixelle Specialty Solutions
The Buy the Block program is designed to encourage homeownership, and the first phase will uplift and strengthen a formerly redlined neighborhood between Clifford, Clinton, and Hudson Avenues, and Upper Falls Boulevard. The program consists of three distinct initiatives:
- Building new, single-family, high-quality homes for qualified city residents to purchase with affordable mortgages;
- Assisting homeowners in the neighborhood, through grants and free consultation, to implement home improvements including roofing and exterior façade repairs on existing properties; and
- Supporting owners of mixed-use properties in the neighborhood, including buildings with first-floor retail and upper housing units, to make similar exterior improvements.
In the first phase of the project, which will span from 2022 through 2024, the City will spearhead the building of up to 24 single-family, high-quality homes on vacant, City-owned lots. Buyers will have the opportunity to choose from six model homes to meet the needs of diverse households. Overall, the goal of the Buy the Block program is to build 100 homes in under-invested areas of the City.
The estimated sales prices for the homes range from $89,000 - $139,000. The housing costs are on a sliding scale so that the buyer spends no more than 30 percent of their income on housing.
Buy the Block is supported by $13.3 million in American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) funds.
City Council will take up the measure for consideration on May 10.
To learn more about Buy the Block or home improvement support, visit www.cityofrochester.gov/BuytheBlock/.
Latest on Nyenta.com
- KBRA Releases Research – Balancing ESG Priorities Never More Challenging for Insurers
- Kirby McInerney LLP Continues Investigation of Shareholder Claims on Behalf of Teladoc Health, Inc. (TDOC) Investors
- FIT Announces Expansion of the Bob Fisch Graduate Student Award Program and Recipients of Inaugural Award for Entrepreneurial Excellence
- The world's most anticipated blockchain game "Rise of Elves", is going to launch its Closed Beta in May!
- New Book - Your Maternity Leave: The Ultimate Practical Guide (1st UK Edition) by Nathalie Koren
- IMUA Honors Six At 91st Annual Meeting
- Noted storyteller and technologist Angelica McKinley joins the board of NMHA
- West Shore Construction Named #1 Hurricane Fabric Dealer in the Country
- Exterro Enhances Digital Forensic and Incident Response Automation with Major Upgrades to FTK® Connect
- Glenfarne Group and Partners Group Joint Venture EnfraGen Raises $620k to Fund Clean Energy and Water Projects in Colombia through GivePower Partnership
- PNC EXECUTIVES TO SPEAK AT BERNSTEIN CONFERENCE
- Dungeon Forward Inks Multi Collection Deal with Nickelodeon and Paramount Consumer Products
- Form 8.3 - HOMESERVE PLC
- RBW-Skull USA throttle tuner for Harley-Davidson
- M.King Media's 2nd Special Report "Black America: We Have A Problem" Is Now Streaming
- MEI ALERT: Bragar Eagel & Squire, P.C. is Investigating MEI Pharma, Inc. on Behalf of MEI Stockholders and Encourages Investors to Contact the Firm
- EMPIRE STATE BUILDING HONORS THE NOTORIOUS B.I.G.'S 50TH BIRTHDAY, IN PARTNERSHIP WITH THE ESTATE OF THE NOTORIOUS B.I.G.
- Community Bank System, Inc. Announces Quarterly Common Stock Dividend and Results of Annual Shareholders' Meeting
- New Rochelle Police Department Holds Annual Memorial and Awards Ceremony
- Keen-Summit Capital Partners Wins ABI Asset Sales Committee's Fourth Annual "Asset Sale of the Year"