- Rochester: Mayor Releases 4th Episode of State of the City
- City of New Rochelle Announces Soft Launch of New Bike Share & E-Scooter System Operated by VeoRide
- The City of Rochester Announces Implementation Plan for RASE Commission Recommendations
"With this exciting addition to the Play Walk, we are further realizing our vision of making Rochester a more playable city, which will improve our children's health, promote more vibrant neighborhoods and foster economic development," Mayor Lovely A. Warren said. "This project shows what we can accomplish when the Downtown neighborhood, businesses, nonprofits, young people and City government come together."
Inspired by the flowing motion of the Genesee River, The Ripple is composed of a series of panels based on the unique shape of a lilac flower. People can rotate the panels to reveal different pixelated illustrations, and the panels constantly change and adapt to whomever is using it. Two sides of the units are a dichroic film that reflects and refracts light – changing colors based on the way light hits them – while the colors of the other two sides remain constant.
More on Nyenta.com
- SmartAsset Raises $110 Million in Series D Funding, Bringing its Valuation to Over $1 Billion
- Colombia's Top Podcasting Platform Podway Obtains Nine (9) Nominations to the Latin Podcast Awards
- SlimCare Medical has announced the New Website Launch
- From Packs To Pitches: Global Lay's® Replay Program Gives Packaging A New Purpose With Sustainable Football Pitches USA - English USA - English
- Rochester: Food Truck Rodeos Return
The Ripple is the result of a partnership between the City, Common Ground Health's Healthi Kids initiative and The Urban Conga, which designed the extension based on input from city residents and teens at the Teen Center at Central Library about what attractions they wanted at Play Walk.
"Research shows that play is vital to the health of our children and of our community, but, as our PlayROCs advocacy team and national experts have stated, play is all the more critical to mitigating the COVID-19 pandemic's traumatic impact on our children," said Jenn Beideman, advocacy manager for Common Ground Health. "By extending and enhancing Play Walk, we are giving children yet another reason to get out and play along this fun, innovative Downtown trail."
Jeny Wilson a member of Play Walk's teen design team said, "The Ripple was developed by city teens for the benefit of our community. It is exciting to see our vision of what we wanted to see at Play Walk become a reality."
The Ripple is funded by a grant from KaBOOM! and the Ralph C. Wilson Jr. Foundation. They provided a Play Everywhere grant in 2018 to fund Play Walk, along with Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield, with in-kind support from the City of Rochester and the Rochester Public Library.
More on Nyenta.com
- HOME POINT CAPITAL ALERT: Bragar Eagel & Squire, P.C. Reminds Investors That a Class Action Lawsuit Has Been Filed Against Home Point Capital, Inc. and Encourages Investors to Contact the Firm
- Cryptsoft's KMIP technology strengthens security in Networked Energy Services' Advanced Metering Infrastructure solutions
- reVovler's El Show de Piolín, Luis Jimenez Pod, Alex El Genio Lucas, Nominated Latin Podcast Awards
- MetLife Announces Full Redemption of 3.048% Series C Senior Component Debentures, Tranche 2
- Chuck's Vintage, Inc., Subsidiary Of Green Stream Holdings, Inc., Featured in Social Life
Play Walk, a downtown trail that lets children play along the way, features permanently installed large-format games and activities, such as a distortion mirror, foosball and a four-in-a-row game and musical instruments. For more information on Play Walk, visit: https://www.healthikids.org/playwalk.
The Urban Conga, based in Brooklyn, N.Y., is an international award-winning multidisciplinary design studio focused on promoting community activity and social interaction through open-ended play. It designs, fabricates and installs interactive installations, custom playable products and immersive environments that spark creativity, exploration and free-choice learning into the built environment.
Healthi Kids is an initiative of Common Ground Health. Our Coalition advocates for policies, systems and environmental changes that support whole child health in children 0-8 in the Greater Rochester and Finger Lakes Region of New York. We believe in the power of youth and resident voice to co-create solutions, influence decision makers and transform systems that support healthy development for all kids.
Latest on Nyenta.com
- Hepsiburada Announces Launch of Initial Public Offering
- What Is Cobwebs' Cyber Threat Intelligence and How Can It Help Secure Organizations?
- Sprinklr Announces Pricing of Initial Public Offering
- MIT Enterprise Forum of NYC Closes and Donates Cash Reserves
- Top Executive from Under Armour Joins CEO Coaching International®
- DJ Xotic Mami Signs With Mondesir Media & Communication
- BlackRock to Host Call for BCAT and BIGZ Closed-End Funds on Thursday, June 24th
- THE MAGIC OF ROB LAKE, with Broadway Pedigree, Breaks Records for Armed Forces Entertainment
- Partner Kevin J. O'Brien will be a panelist at a Lexology webinar on Thursday June 24th discussing the Meng Wanzhou case.
- BTG Pactual Strategic Capital, Morning Calm Management and Grupo Patio Launch Aurora Industrial
- TycoonInvest Launches Platform for the General Public to Invest in Startups and Small Businesses
- The National Association of Collegiate Esports Partners with Fair-Play Corporation
- RealClear Publishing Releases The New Civil War: Exposing Elites, Fighting Utopian Leftism, and Restoring America by Conservative Commentator Bruce D. Abramson
- Itero Group, LLC, Announces Leadership Addition to Salesforce Practice
- AdvisorSmith Finds the Average Savings Account Balance in the U.S
- Amesbury Elementary School Contract Awarded to CTA Construction Managers
- Blackstone Hires Global Head of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Master Agent Bridgepointe Joins The Evolve IP Partner Program
- Women-Led Fintech, Pasito, Welcomes Julie Scotland as Co-Founder and CMO
- Most Active New Venture Capital Firms Globally 2021 Released at F50 Global Capital Summit