- Disappointment and Hope after U.N. General Assembly Wraps, says AHF
- HAWAIIAN ELECTRIC INVESTOR DEADLINE APPROACHING: Securities Litigation Partner James (Josh) Wilson Encourages Investors Who Suffered Losses Exceeding $100,000 In Hawaiian Electric To Contact Him Directly To Discuss Their Options
- New Rochelle: Queen City of the Sound International Jazz Festival
Rochester Deputy Mayor Patrick Cunningham will host the event, and be joined by the Hon. William K. Taylor, the Hon. Craig Doran, the Hon. Fatimat O. Reid, and RCSD Superintendent Dr. Carmine Peluso to congratulate the participants. Rochester Black Bar Association President, Jessica Simon-Rutledge, will serve as mistress of ceremonies.
ustice, nderstanding,ocietal rust and iteracy, ttendance, riting (J.U.S.T.L.A.W) is a collaborative effort between the City of Rochester, the 7th Judicial District, radio station 103.9 FM WDKX, the Rochester Black Bar Association, and the Rochester City School District. The initiative provides students in grades 6–9 the opportunity to interface with judges and other court officials and learn more about the U.S. legal system. The program was founded in 2017 by WDKX Owner and General Manager Andre Langston, along with Justice Craig Doran in collaboration with the City of Rochester.
During Wednesday's ceremony, the 12 honorees will have an opportunity to recite their winning essays to invited guests including parents, school principals, judges, and Hall of Justice employees. The ceremony can also be viewed live https://notify.nycourts.gov/meet/0agzrn.
More on Nyenta.com
- Tint World® adds fifth New York location with New Hyde Park
- Global Luxury Value Exchange, Idoneus, Transitions to 100% IDON Transactions
- Winners of the 2023 Gerald Loeb Awards Announced by UCLA Anderson at New York City Event
- Labaton Sucharow LLP Announces Expanded Securities Class Action Lawsuit Filed Against RTX Corporation and Certain Executives
- Employment Advocacy Appoints 1st African-American, Female Board President
The winning essayists will receive Certificates of Special Mayoral Recognition, an Amazon Fire tablet, and a check for $103.90. Winners will also receive a J.U.S.T. L.A.W. Medal of Honor from the Rochester City School District.
Over the course of the program, judges from the 7th Judicial District visited 12 RCSD schools to present information on how the justice system works and the role it plays in the community. Students shared their own perspectives and experiences with the justice system, fostering important dialogue between court officials and participating youth.
Students wrote 250-word essays on the topic, "What Justice Means to Me." More than 100 essays were judged by the J.U.S.T. L.A.W. executive committee members, and the top 12 essays were selected as the winners, to mirror the jury selection process and the 12 jurors selected for a trial.
The 2022-2023 J.U.S.T. L.A.W. student winners are:
Joel Canales RISE Community School 6th grade
Zoe DeBlieck School of the Arts 7th grade
Kidielys Diaz Anna Murray-Douglass Academy 8th grade
Zahra Hassani School of the Arts 7th grade
More on Nyenta.com
- HAWAIIAN ELECTRIC DEADLINE REMINDER: Securities Litigation Partner James (Josh) Wilson Encourages Investors Who Suffered Losses Exceeding $100,000 In Hawaiian Electric To Contact Him Directly To Discuss Their Options
- USA Green Card Celebrates the State Department's Historic Inclusion of the UK in the DV-2025 Green Card Lottery
- FOX News Media's Second Republican Primary Debate Tops All of Television on Wednesday, September 27th
- New Rochelle Welcomes HUD Regional Director and Interagency Partners to Advance Climate Resiliance
- SHIFT4 DEADLINE REMINDER: Securities Litigation Partner James (Josh) Wilson Encourages Investors Who Suffered Losses Exceeding $100,000 In Shift4 To Contact Him Directly To Discuss Their Options
Nyomi Lee-Riley RISE Community School 6th grade
Paola Lorenzana Anna Murray-Douglass Academy 8th grade
Keriam Ocasio Anna Murray-Douglass Academy 7th grade
Patricia Padilla Anna Murray-Douglass Academy 7th grade
Edialis Trinidad Anna Murray-Douglass Academy 8th grade
Alana Williams Dr. Alice Holloway School of Excellence 8th grade
Mason Wolff Anna Murray-Douglass Academy 7th grade
Maria Yohana Dr. Alice Holloway School of Excellence 8th grade
For more information on the Just Law program, visit www.cityofrochester.gov/justlaw/.
Latest on Nyenta.com
- United Nations Receives Vital Education Rankings: NJ MED's 3rd Quarter Education Report
- 10-4Gear.Com Launches Exclusive Police Challenge Coins
- CCG Releases State Guide on 'Execution of Insurance Policies'
- UNITE HERE Releases Real Estate Runaround: How Brookfield's Insurance Venture Offers Reward for Investors, Risk for Retirees
- Rochester: – Final Food Truck Rodeo at the Market is Tonight
- Insurance Training Expert Cody Askins Selected to Appear on Spotlight Television
- Radius Global Market Research Appoints Ed Keller to its Board of Directors
- PFW Recap: CHOCHENG Spring/Summer 2024 Les Parapluies De CHOCHENG
- The New Trace One Ushers in a New Era for CPG and Retail Product Innovation
- Non-Alcoholic Retailer Boisson Announces New CEO; Receives New Funding From Convivialité Ventures and Connect Ventures
- Armitron Joins Forces with Susan G. Komen® to Introduce Empowering Tilly Pink Collection for National Breast Cancer Awareness Month
- RTX SHAREHOLDER NOTICE: Securities Litigation Partner James (Josh) Wilson Encourages Investors Who Suffered Losses Exceeding $100,000 In RTX To Contact Him Directly To Discuss Their Options
- Rochester Public Library to Host "Get Weeding with the RPL," 5-Week Cannabis-Worker Certification Course
- Enjoy Best Taco Tuesday in Long Island City at Doha Bar Lounge
- The New York Junior League Celebrates Inaugural Find the Good Day
- Soluna Project Dorothy 1 Reaches Full Capacity of 50 MW, Company hits 2.6 EH/s Hashrate Milestone
- A united front in fight against the 'silent pandemic'
- Rochester: Mayor Evans Begins City's 2024-25 Fiscal Year Budget Process
- Chief Gene Saunders Founder of Project Lifesaver International Selected to Appear on Spotlight Television
- Discover why these prayer mats are reaching half a billion people globally: & now they're coming to New York Toy Fair