- FitterPaws Pet Products Launches Healthy And Organic Dog Treats
- New Rochelle: Westchester County Partners with NY Knicks for "I kicked COVID to the Curb" campaign
- Rochester: Mayor Warren Launches Office of Neighborhood Safety to Coordinate Community Violence Reduction Efforts
Rochester Public Library and Monroe County Library System Director Patricia Uttaro received the 2021 Sullivan Award for Public Library Administrators Supporting Services to Children. The award, sponsored by the American Library Association (ALA), annually recognizes an individual who has shown exceptional understanding and support of public library service to children while maintaining administrative responsibilities.
"Patty Uttaro is an extraordinary asset to our city," said Mayor Warren. "Her unyielding dedication to ensure that our youngest citizens are supported through literacy and her willingness to share her expertise with librarians across the nation is a testament to Patty's commitment to education."
"I'm proud of my work to expand library services and empower library staff in Rochester and Monroe County over the past 25 years," said Ms. Uttaro. "I strongly believe that learning to read and reading to learn are the most basic, yet essential skills that a person needs to thrive and be successful."
More on Nyenta.com
- Midori & Friends Appoints Larisa Gelman as New Executive Director
- Mobile Car Valet in South West London and Surrey
- The Rolls Royce Of Generator Pads
- Ballet Writer And Teacher Gavin Larsen Releases New Memoir – Being a Ballerina
- KBRA Releases RMBS Credit Indices (KCI) for April 2021
Patricia Uttaro was selected for the work she has accomplished in fulfilling her belief that learning to read and reading to learn are the most basic yet essential skills for a person to thrive, prosper and enjoy a successful life. Uttaro has skillfully administered libraries for the past twenty-five years supporting expansion of library services and empowerment of library staff.
Through her efforts, the staff of the Rochester Public Library and Monroe County Library System has provided early literacy training for librarians, teachers and caregivers throughout the country. Uttaro has consistently advocated to remove barriers to access to books by eliminating late fees for children's and young adult materials among many other accomplishments.
Latest on Nyenta.com
- KBRA Releases New Podcast Episode: China Adds to Global Risks
- Rochester: "At the 5" Construction Completed, Now Accepting Reservations for Community Programming & Events; Residents Asked to Avoid New Sod
- Rochester: City Obtains New Fire/Rescue Boat
- Shareholder Alert: Bernstein Litowitz Berger & Grossmann LLP Announces the Filing of a Securities Class Action Lawsuit Against FibroGen, Inc.
- Madison Square Garden Entertainment Corp. and MSG Networks Inc. Announce Key Filing Dates and Plans to Host Joint Webcast on Proposed Merger
- Valor Latitude Acquisition Corp. Announces Closing of $200 Million Initial Public Offering
- $10,000 Reward for info leading to suspect in May 1 New Rochelle Murder
- Alleghany Corporation Reports 2021 First Quarter -- Notice
- Gene Silvers Guest Stars In Apple TV Plus Drama 'The Mosquito Coast'
- Ambac Reschedules Release of First Quarter 2021 Results and Conference Call to May 10, 2021
- Sheraton Buganvilias Receives 2021 AAA Inspector's Best of Housekeeping Award
- You Are The Brand: Sustainability From The Inside Out
- Identity Podcast Thank You, Mom! : A Mother's Day Celebration
- Peachtree Immediate Care Expands its Network by Adding Four Locations in last Three Weeks
- Imran Potato drops NFTs to give fans access to Potato Product
- TrueDialog Higher Education Texting Solution Named EdTech Award Finalist
- PTON Shareholder Alert: Bronstein, Gewirtz & Grossman, LLC Notifies Peloton Interactive, Inc. Investors of Class Action and Encourages Shareholders to Contact the Firm
- Everyone Can Have Their "15 Minutes" With Former Google PPC Expert, Savio Marian
- Cedar Realty Trust partners with Asland Capital Partners and the Goldman Sachs Urban Investment Group for Major Opportunity Zone Redevelopment in Washington, D.C.'s Seventh Ward
- GCC Facility Management Market Size, Share, Growth Drivers and Demand Forecast to 2030