- Rochester: Mayor Releases 4th Episode of State of the City
- City of New Rochelle Announces Soft Launch of New Bike Share & E-Scooter System Operated by VeoRide
- The City of Rochester Announces Implementation Plan for RASE Commission Recommendations
"This new City office will put the job of neighborhood safety and violence reduction where it belongs, in the hands of the community," said Mayor Warren. "The Office of Neighborhood Safety gives us the tool we need to place the citizens of Rochester at the forefront of our mission to cultivate safer and more vibrant neighborhoods, which is a critical component of the Equity and Recovery Agenda and our efforts to create more jobs and better educational opportunities."
"Violence in Rochester is a public health crisis that requires a community response that is both comprehensive and focused," said Vice President Lightfoot, who is also chair of the Council's Public Safety, Recreation and Human Services Committee. "The Office of Neighborhood Safety will unite the many community organizations that are already working in this space to craft and implement a community response that focuses each of their unique talents toward that collective mission of violence prevention and reduction. I applaud Mayor Warren for creating an Office that will serve the community by listening to the community."
More on Nyenta.com
- SmartAsset Raises $110 Million in Series D Funding, Bringing its Valuation to Over $1 Billion
- Colombia's Top Podcasting Platform Podway Obtains Nine (9) Nominations to the Latin Podcast Awards
- SlimCare Medical has announced the New Website Launch
- From Packs To Pitches: Global Lay's® Replay Program Gives Packaging A New Purpose With Sustainable Football Pitches USA - English USA - English
- Rochester: Food Truck Rodeos Return
The framework released Tuesday would create an Office of Neighborhood Safety (ONS) in the Department of Recreation and Human Services. The mission of the Office is to foster a "whole city approach to reducing violence" by serving as central hub to coordinate the development of a communitywide Violence Reduction Strategy that would guide public and private sector investments in social programs, including those administered Pathways to Peace; the ROC Against Gun Violence Coalition; and the Youth Advocate Program.
With a goal to include the ONS in the City's forthcoming 2021-22 budget, Mayor Warren unveiled an action plan to hire an ONS Coordinator in May and in July convene a Violence Prevention Summit of community organizations to develop a violence reduction strategy that would guide funding streams from public and private sources with mechanisms for oversight, accountability and public reporting.
A Request for Proposals will be issued in January seeking proposals from community organizations that can demonstrate and ability to help accomplish the objectives of the violence prevention strategy that is developed and meet accountability requirements. The Violence Prevention Summit would re-convene in July 2022 to assess the effectiveness of the strategy and offer improvements.
The ONS would also oversee the Mayor's Peacemaker Fellowship, which would identify city residents with a high likelihood of becoming victims of gun violence and enroll them as Fellows in a rigorous personal development program that includes mentorships, peer-to-peer learning to achieve education, career and other life goals. The Peacemaker Fellowship is based on a program in Richmond, Calif. that contributed to significant reductions in homicides and gun violence.
More on Nyenta.com
- HOME POINT CAPITAL ALERT: Bragar Eagel & Squire, P.C. Reminds Investors That a Class Action Lawsuit Has Been Filed Against Home Point Capital, Inc. and Encourages Investors to Contact the Firm
- Cryptsoft's KMIP technology strengthens security in Networked Energy Services' Advanced Metering Infrastructure solutions
- reVovler's El Show de Piolín, Luis Jimenez Pod, Alex El Genio Lucas, Nominated Latin Podcast Awards
- MetLife Announces Full Redemption of 3.048% Series C Senior Component Debentures, Tranche 2
- Chuck's Vintage, Inc., Subsidiary Of Green Stream Holdings, Inc., Featured in Social Life
The proposals to create the ONS and establish the Peacemaker Fellowship are among the initiatives included in Mayor Warren's Equity and Recovery Agenda (ERA), a comprehensive strategy unveiled in January to propel Rochester's post-pandemic recovery by recognizing and reversing effects of historic racism and institutional inequality.
"We have a wide variety of programs and initiatives across the City, both public and private that are dedicated to stopping violence," Mayor Warren wrote. "What is clear is that the coordination and, therefore, the effectiveness of these programs must be improved."
The initiative included an aggressive timetable to include the ONS in City's fiscal year 2021-22 budget, which begins in July, by appointing a task force to study existing violence-reduction programs and initiatives and develop a plan to coordinate their missions and integrate their objectives into the community's response Governor Cuomo's Executive Order 203 City's comprehensive plan for Police Reform.
DHRS is also the parent Department of the Office of Crisis Intervention Services, which oversees the Persons in Crisis Teams to provide a civilian response to emergency calls involving individuals dealing with issues of behavioral health or substance abuse.
News Media: For more information, contact Communications Director Justin Roj at Justin.Roj@CityofRochster.gov.
Latest on Nyenta.com
- Hepsiburada Announces Launch of Initial Public Offering
- What Is Cobwebs' Cyber Threat Intelligence and How Can It Help Secure Organizations?
- Sprinklr Announces Pricing of Initial Public Offering
- MIT Enterprise Forum of NYC Closes and Donates Cash Reserves
- Top Executive from Under Armour Joins CEO Coaching International®
- DJ Xotic Mami Signs With Mondesir Media & Communication
- BlackRock to Host Call for BCAT and BIGZ Closed-End Funds on Thursday, June 24th
- THE MAGIC OF ROB LAKE, with Broadway Pedigree, Breaks Records for Armed Forces Entertainment
- Partner Kevin J. O'Brien will be a panelist at a Lexology webinar on Thursday June 24th discussing the Meng Wanzhou case.
- BTG Pactual Strategic Capital, Morning Calm Management and Grupo Patio Launch Aurora Industrial
- TycoonInvest Launches Platform for the General Public to Invest in Startups and Small Businesses
- The National Association of Collegiate Esports Partners with Fair-Play Corporation
- RealClear Publishing Releases The New Civil War: Exposing Elites, Fighting Utopian Leftism, and Restoring America by Conservative Commentator Bruce D. Abramson
- Itero Group, LLC, Announces Leadership Addition to Salesforce Practice
- AdvisorSmith Finds the Average Savings Account Balance in the U.S
- Amesbury Elementary School Contract Awarded to CTA Construction Managers
- Blackstone Hires Global Head of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Master Agent Bridgepointe Joins The Evolve IP Partner Program
- Women-Led Fintech, Pasito, Welcomes Julie Scotland as Co-Founder and CMO
- Most Active New Venture Capital Firms Globally 2021 Released at F50 Global Capital Summit