- New Rochelle: City Holds Ribbon Cutting for New Department of Public Works Center
- New Rochelle Police Department Holds Annual Memorial and Awards Ceremony
- Rochester: International Plaza Welcomes New Vendors
The program's goal is to increase the availability of emergency response personnel to respond to life-threatening emergencies and reduce emergency department overcrowding. Calls to 9-1-1 for specific, non-life threatening injuries or illnesses are routed to a New York-licensed nurse. The nurse assesses the caller's symptoms and facilitates the most appropriate medical care, such as a virtual visit with an emergency physician or nurse, instructions on self-care, or transport to a local healthcare provider, including clinics, urgent care centers, or if needed, a hospital emergency department.
The Nurse Navigation program will alleviate pressure on EMS systems and hospitals while educating communities on the appropriate use of 9-1-1 so systems function more efficiently — making more ambulances, EMTs and paramedics available to respond to life-threatening emergencies throughout the city and county. Nurse Navigation will help reduce Emergency Department overcrowding and improve timeliness of care for people needing medical treatment in our community.
Nurse Navigation enables fire and EMS agencies to provide timely, appropriate and quality patient care while controlling costs, improving outcomes, and reducing reliance on hospital emergency departments for primary healthcare.
More on Nyenta.com
- Jean Cocteau comes to Brooklyn: avant-garde classic The Blood Of A Poet screens June 6 with new original score performed live by Brian Bonz
- Upcoming Family Office Executive Education Program at the University of Denver
- Lineups Set for Final X New York/Beat the Streets on June 8 at Hulu Theater at Madison Square Garden
- New Rochelle: Click it or Ticket Campaign May 23-June 5
- Lazard Global Total Return and Income Fund Declares Monthly Distribution and Issues Estimated Sources of the Distribution Announced in March
"Nurse Navigation is proven to work in other cities and one of our primary roles is to provide our citizens with high-quality municipal government services," said Mayor Evans. "This project is an excellent example of a public-private collaboration that will improve quality of life. It delivers an innovative solution to some of the issues we're seeing around staffing shortages and emergency room overcrowding. I'm grateful to County Executive Bello, AMR and all of our community's first responders, telecommunicators, dispatchers and healthcare providers for their contributions in keeping Rochester's citizens safe and healthy."
"The Nurse Navigation Program will modernize our community's emergency medical response and help alleviate the strain on local ambulance crews and hospitals at a time when COVID-19 continues to spread," said Monroe County Executive Adam Bello. "Thank you to all our first responders who work tirelessly to help our residents."
"We are proud of our long-term partnership with Rochester and Monroe County to help people get the right care at the right time, and we are excited to leverage our national expertise and integrated healthcare solutions to expand access to care, improve patient experience and increase population health throughout the region," said Tim Frost, Regional Director for Global Medical Response, the parent company to AMR. "The program will allow us to better serve area residents by ensuring that callers with lower acuity complaints are presented with more innovative paths to treatment that are often closer to home, where medical treatment can be received faster than a visit to a hospital emergency department."
More on Nyenta.com
- CEO of Dreamer HQ Inc., Daniel Mangena Joins Abundance Studio™ As A Producer
- Qunnect awarded $1.85M from US Department of Energy to support Quantum Repeater Commercialization
- Volatus Group Beyond Visual Line of Site waiver approved for Censys Sentaero UAS Operations and Training at the Pendleton UAS Range
- New York Blues Hall of Famer Greg Dayton Crowdfunds New Album Release via Indiegogo Campaign
- Dr. Kate Balestrieri, Licensed Psychologist, Certified Sex Therapist and Founder of Modern Intimacy Shares the Benefits of Self-Pleasure In Honor of National Masturbation Month
The mission of the City of Rochester administration of Mayor Malik D. Evans is to promote positive systemic and structural change by providing transparent and collaborative leadership, offering equitable access to essential municipal services, enabling productive intergovernmental, private, and non-profit partnerships, and promoting increased quality of life through investments that create vibrant neighborhoods and employment opportunities, making Rochester a hope-filled city with an exciting future. For more information, visit www.cityofrochester.gov.
About American Medical Response (AMR): American Medical Response, Inc., America's leading provider of medical transportation, provides services in 40 states and the District of Columbia. More than 28,000 AMR paramedics, EMTs, RNs and other professionals work together to transport more than 4.8 million patients nationwide each year in critical, emergency and non-emergency situations. AMR also provides fire services through Rural Metro Fire Department, www.ruralmetrofire.com. For more information about AMR, visit www.amr.net and follow American Medical Response on Facebook @AMR_Social on Twitter and Instagram.
AMR is part of the Global Medical Response family. Global Medical Response, Inc. is the industry-leading air, ground, specialty and residential fire services, and managed medical transportation organization. With more than 38,000 employees, GMR delivers compassionate, quality medical care, primarily in the areas of emergency and patient relocation services in the United States and around the world. For more information, visit www.globalmedicalresponse.com.
Latest on Nyenta.com
- New Rochelle: Weekend Closure of Southbound Hutchinson River Parkway Expected Between Exit 8 and Exit 6
- ZEE5 Global brings to audiences the RRRoar of S.S. Rajamouli's Super hit Blockbuster 'RRR' grossing over $150 Million worldwide, in the Original Language, Telugu USA - English USA - English
- KBRA Assigns Preliminary Ratings to GCAT 2022-NQM3 Trust
- Cryptocurrency Wealth Building Series Responds to Investment Knowledge Inequality
- Prop Swords - Shop Cool Anime & Movie Replica Swords Online
- The SmartMetric Biometric Credit Card Provides 100% Validation of the Card User Before the Card is Used
- Welcome AWATFIT The Fitness Truck to Fort Lauderdale
- Outdoor Clothing Market to Reach US$ 13.9 Bn by 2021; TMR Study
- New Rochelle: ARRESTS MADE – STOLEN AUTO AND LARCENIES FROM VEHICLES
- Wolters Kluwer's Sandeep Sacheti Named FinTech Executive Leader of the Year
- Cornerstone and Swiftlane Announce Strategic Technology Initiative to Create Safer Rental Communities in Denver
- NYC REIT Sends Letter Urging Shareholders to Vote for Company's Incumbent Director Nominee as Annual Meeting Approaches
- TUPPERWARE ALERT: Bragar Eagel & Squire, P.C. is Investigating Tupperware Brands Corporation on Behalf of Tupperware Stockholders and Encourages Investors to Contact the Firm
- The Dog Gurus Collaborate with Blue-9 for Advancement of Dog Daycare Enrichment Programs
- Lindsay Goldberg Completes Sale of Pixelle Specialty Solutions
- Flower City Days Horticultural at the City of Rochester Public Market Continues on Sunday, May 22
- TOKYO SKYTREE Celebrates Its 10th anniversary! Let's Pay Homage to this Japanese Landmark and World's Tallest Freestanding Broadcast Tower
- Genpact Limited Board Declares Quarterly Cash Dividend
- Yonkers Police Department promotes, appoints five members during Police Week
- Yonkers Mayor Spano Launches Electric Powered Leaf Blower Incentive Program to Help Protect Public Health