- Maybesoon Drops New Music Video for "Hill Street."
- Neurocrine Biosciences to Host Analyst Day on December 5, 2023
- ROSEN, TOP RANKED INVESTOR COUNSEL, Encourages Arbor Realty Trust, Inc. Investors to Inquire About Securities Class Action Investigation – ABR
Mayor Malik D. Evans said, "As we prepare for legal cannabis dispensaries to operate in our region, it is important to make sure we have a pool of qualified employees ready to start working in these businesses as soon as they open...I want to thank the Rochester Public Library's Business Insight Center and our partners at the Cannabis Workforce Initiative and the Cannabis Employment and Education Development Unit for holding these valuable training sessions to give our residents a jump start into careers in this new industry."
More on Nyenta.com
- Bit Digital, Inc. Announces Monthly Production Update for November 2023
- Morgan Stanley China A Share Fund, Inc. Declares a Dividend
- Barker, Pasha and Vokac receive prestigious 54th annual USS Admiral of the Ocean Sea Awards
- New Rochelle: Free 2 Hour Holiday Parking December 1-31
- New Rochelle: Opportunity Youth Part Initiative (OYP) 3rd Anniversary Celebration
Those who successfully complete the initial coursework will be awarded a certificate in Cannabis Career Exploration and Worker Rights, which would make them an ideal candidate to work as "Bud Tenders," in a legal cannabis dispensary. Those who complete the five-week course are then eligible to participate in an 8.5-hour virtual Responsible Vendor Training course at their convenience.
The program is hosted by the Rochester Public Library Business Insight Center in partnership with the NYS Cannabis Workforce Initiative (CWI) and the New York State Department of Labor's Cannabis Employment and Education Development Unit (CEED). The curriculum includes Program Introduction and Industry; The Cannabis Plant; What the Legalization of Cannabis Means for You; Working in a Dispensary; Jobs in Extraction and Manufacturing; Health & Safety in the Cannabis Industry; Your Rights at Work; Seed-to-sale compliance; How are you Protected from Discrimination and Harassment; Other Opportunities in the Cannabis Industry; Job Readiness (Virtual 8.5 hours); Responsible Vendor Training; Soft Skills; Resume Development; Interviewing Skills
More on Nyenta.com
- Unlocking the Magic of Miami Beach
- Introducing Scuba Diving Industry Magazine
- JEGI CLARITY Has Advised Hal Leonard On Its Merger With Muse Group, With Investment From Francisco Partners
- Celebrate the Season with COMFORT & JOY: Glam Rock Soul Christmas Concert by Victor & Aisha Jackson
- Financial Literacy Advocate Jim Silbernagel Selected to Appear on Spotlight Television
New York State Department of Labor Commissioner Roberta Reardon said, "The cannabis industry is bringing exciting new career opportunities to communities across New York State...The Department's Cannabis Employment and Education Development (CEED) Unit is here to help New Yorkers gain the skills they need to have successful careers in the wide array of careers growing in this new economic engine."
Esta Bigler, Co-Chair of CWI added that it is critical "to be out in the community, raising awareness of the range of cannabis jobs that will be available...We want to emphasize how important it is for communities negatively impacted by the prohibition of cannabis to have access to the opportunities opening up and to know they have rights on the job."
Rochester Public Library Business Insight Center Division Head Jennifer Byrnes encourages those interested or curious about this opportunity contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 585-428-8102 for more information about "Get Weeding with RPL."
Latest on Nyenta.com
- Pritchard Industries Acquires ACP Facility Services
- KBRA Named Ratings Agency Of The Year at Second Annual SFR Industry Awards
- Coming Up On Fox Business Financial Industry Legend Tom Hegna
- The Museum at FIT Presents Statement Sleeves
- TVA Media Group Joins Powerhouse Agency Network Unite Digital
- KBRA Assigns Preliminary Ratings to MSWF 2023-2
- India Fest 2024 on Jan 27, 2024 at KY Expo Center
- Tune In to Fox Business for an Interview with Short-Term Rental Expert Leslie Anne Morris
- Doug Gillespie Appointed CEO of Beauty By Imagination, Inc.
- Fourth Edition of 'Women's International Champions Cup Best XI Presented by Ally' Team Announced
- Jodee Singz releases new single "Jijem" to all major platforms
- iOT365 Launches Pioneering SaaS Solution for Operational Technology Security
- Genuine Hospitality, LLC Adds the Hampton Inn - Columbia, MO to Growing Portfolio
- OneKey® MLS Board of Managers Welcomes Tom Hurdelbrink, Veteran Real Estate Industry Leader
- REA 'Peace of Mind on the Move' Study achieves Highly Commended recognition in the category Excellence in Coaching by ABP November 2023
- Revolutionizing FEC Chain Stores with Our Cutting-Edge Ordering& Warehousing System
- QuBind.com Makes Major Strides in T-Cell Immunotherapy with Revolutionary AI Innovation
- SHAREHOLDER ALERT: The Gross Law Firm Notifies Shareholders of Illumina, Inc. of a Class Action Lawsuit and a Lead Plaintiff Deadline of January 9, 2024 - (NASDAQ: ILMN)
- Media Personality Cyrus Webb celebrates 20 years and over 12,000 guests on Conversations LIVE radio show
- COMERICA ALERT: Bragar Eagel & Squire, P.C. is Investigating Comerica Incorporated on Behalf of Long-Term Stockholders and Encourages Investors to Contact the Firm