- Pure Strategies Offers 2024 Nature Action Forum for Business
- Colossal NY Announces Release "Kiffy the Panda & His Friend Ratpack" by Author Patricia Mulholland
- B. RILEY SHAREHOLDER ACTION REMINDER: Securities Litigation Partner James (Josh) Wilson Encourages Investors Who Suffered Losses Exceeding $75,000 In B. Riley To Contact Him Directly To Discuss Their Options
Led by experienced company-builders and investors Samuel W. Hall, PhD, and Aaron M. Kantoff, along with Tadd S. Wessel, founder and Managing Partner of Petrichor, Scion is dedicated to founding and building exceptional biotechnology companies that focus on discovering, developing, and commercializing clinically important medicines.
According to Dr. Hall, the firm's co-founder and Managing Partner, their ultimate goal is to solve clinically important problems in the life sciences industry. This objective guides every aspect of their strategy and approach to investing.
Scion's investment strategy is based on three pillars: investing in mature therapeutic modalities and technologies that can produce important medicines now or in the near future; focusing on therapeutic areas where there is a deep understanding of the underlying science; and targeting clinical problems that can be addressed by independent biotechnology companies.
More on Nyenta.com
- KBRA Assigns Preliminary Ratings to Chase Home Lending Mortgage Trust 2024-RPL1 (CHASE 2024-RPL1)
- Strat-O-Matic Opening Day At Glen Head, N.Y. Headquarters A Big Hit For Fans
- EEi Ushers in New Era, Executive Enterprise Institute Conference Returns To New York in June 2024
- FOX News Channel's Bret Baier to Interview Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy in Ukraine on Thursday, February 22nd
- ARC Fund Launches with Underrepresented Founders to Increase Alternative Capital for Impact Entrepreneurs Facing Scarcity of VC Money
"We believe that sustained long-term support is crucial for building companies capable of delivering transformational medicines," said Dr. Hall. "This belief drives our investment decisions and how we support our portfolio companies."
To achieve their goals, Scion has assembled a team of experienced leaders in scientific, medical, financial, technological, and operational fields. This allows them to take an active role in founding and building companies while also developing innovative therapeutic substrates internally.
The team has already begun investing its inaugural fund with four promising company formation efforts underway. Details of these investments will be disclosed as they mature.
In addition to their team's expertise, Scion has also established Scion Innovations to provide in-house R&D capabilities and operational resources. This enables them to make informed decisions about which programs to invest in and ensures that only those with exceptional potential become full-scale portfolio company investments.
More on Nyenta.com
- Ongoing Digitization of UK Legal Sector Elevates Exposure to Cyber Risks -- Nic Miller, Counter-Ransomware (C-RW)
- The Book of Quint novel prequel to JAWS sells out of first printing within 2 months
- MAISON SOLUTIONS SHAREHOLDER ACTION REMINDER: Securities Litigation Partner James (Josh) Wilson Encourages Investors Who Suffered Losses Exceeding $25,000 In Maison Solutions To Contact Him Directly To Discuss Their Options
- Maritime Association of the Port of NY & NJ announces 2024 International Maritime Hall honorees
- The Patina Collective to Feature 20 Rare Vehicles from the Youngtimers Era at The Amelia Cars and Caffeine - Saturday March 2, 2024 - 9am - 1pm
"Our primary objective is to create important new medicines, not just exits," said Aaron Kantoff, co-founder and Managing Partner of Scion Life Sciences. "By taking a proactive and data-driven approach to company building, we can generate a concentrated portfolio of the best ideas that have the potential to change the lives of patients and caregivers."
Scion's long-term fund structure also allows them to build sustainable biotechnology companies that can reach valuations in the tens of billions as they commercialize clinically transformative medicines.
"We are grateful for the trust of our limited partners who share our conviction in the economic and societal value creation potential of clinically important new medicines," said Tadd Wessel, co-founder and Managing Partner of Scion Life Sciences and Petrichor. "Sam and Aaron have proven themselves as exceptional investors and company builders, and we are excited to partner with them in building Scion."
With their strong team, strategic investment approach, and long-term fund structure, Scion is well-positioned to make a significant impact in the life sciences industry by creating transformative medicines for patients in need.
Filed Under: Business
Latest on Nyenta.com
- The Piacentile Law Firm Announces $25.5 Million Settlement To Be Paid By Lincare Inc. For Fraudulent Billing Practices
- Montice Harmon's New Single 'I Love My Black & Brown People' A Celebration of Heritage and Culture
- Torres Trade Law Recognized in the Chambers Texas Regional Spotlight Guide for 2024
- The Honorable Peter J. O'Donoghue (Ret.) Joins NAM's Esteemed Panel of Neutrals
- NYC-Based Rockers Lonnieclaire Celebrate the 25th Anniversary of Their Debut Album
- TRONUS: First Female Athlete-Owned Sneaker Company Backs USA Flag Football, Sponsors Star Athletes, and Redefines Recovery Footwear
- Travel the Continents and be Back Before Bed
- Demystifying California's Governmental Process
- Top Arizona Real Estate Team Switches to LPT Realty for Strategic Growth
- MSM Advisors CPAs and Small Business Advisors is a 2023 Best of Gwinnett Winner
- Famer App: Transforming Youth Sports with 89% of Parents Reporting Skill Improvement
- Natalie Jean Releases New Country Rock Song "The What For" Written by Natalie Jean and Nicki Kris
- AI Writing Team Launches Innovative Multi-AI Content Creation Platform
- Olatec Therapeutics to Conduct a Phase 2 Clinical Trial in Patients with Early Parkinson's Disease with its NLRP3 Inhibitor, Dapansutrile
- Multiple-Award-Winning Documentary 'Becoming Black Lawyers' Premieres This Week on the FOX SOUL TV Streaming Network
- Noted Educator and Author Dr. Robert A. Neimeyer to Host Writing through Grief Webinar
- Skyline Design Debuts Innovative Horizon Pergola Dining Collection at High Point Market's New Interhall IH304 Showroom
- Target Announces Collaboration with Diane von Furstenberg for Affordable Spring Collection
- Alta Vista Technology Announces Merger with Digitek Solutions
- Innovation Takes the Lead: Survey from Altum Strategy Group and YouGov Reveals Leaders Embracing Technology for Business Transformation