- New Rochelle: City Holds Ribbon Cutting for New Department of Public Works Center
- Rochester: International Plaza Welcomes New Vendors
- New Rochelle Police Department Holds Annual Memorial and Awards Ceremony
Departments of Public Works, Finance & Office for the Aging Receive Industry Awards
YONKERS, NY – December 6, 2021 –Yonkers Mayor Mike Spano today announced three city departments have been nationally recognized for their work which positively affects city operations and quality of life for Yonkers residents, including the Departments of Public Works, Finance, and Office for the Aging.
The Department of Public Works has been awarded the Platinum Engineering Excellence Award by the New York American Consulting Engineers Council (ACEC) for the comprehensive system-wide Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) improvements to the city's water system.
The ACEC, a federation of 52 state and regional councils representing more than 600,000 engineers, architects, land surveyors, and other specialists, recognized the city's investment into its water system's 20-year-old declining Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition system, also known as SCADA. The three-year state-of-the-art $500,000 investment into the water system displays in real-time the water system's operational status (system pressures, flow rates, water tower elevations, emergency power status, and water quality parameters) to assist New York State's Certified Water Operators in the daily operation of the city's water system. This investment also allows city water operators to make better-informed decisions such as turning on additional pumps to assist the Yonkers Fire Department when fighting fires, be more efficient in assessing treatment and water quality issues, and assess the presence of water main breaks. These additional capabilities improve water system's response to provide a safe and continuous supply of potable water to the residents and commercial users in Yonkers.
More on Nyenta.com
- Jean Cocteau comes to Brooklyn: avant-garde classic The Blood Of A Poet screens June 6 with new original score performed live by Brian Bonz
- Upcoming Family Office Executive Education Program at the University of Denver
- Lineups Set for Final X New York/Beat the Streets on June 8 at Hulu Theater at Madison Square Garden
- New Rochelle: Click it or Ticket Campaign May 23-June 5
- Lazard Global Total Return and Income Fund Declares Monthly Distribution and Issues Estimated Sources of the Distribution Announced in March
"Soon into the start of my administration, the city's over 20-year-old aging water system was starting to fail and had become a priority to restore and bring it up to 21st century standards," said Mayor Mike Spano. "Thanks to the fantastic work by the Department of Public Works, we achieved our goal of updating the city's aging water infrastructure and have been recognized by the ACEC for our advanced innovative system."
The Department of Finance has received the Distinguished Budget Presentation Award presented by the Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA).
The GFOA's award is presented to government entities for preparing high-quality budget documents that meet program criteria that strives to improve budget transparency in their community. The City of Yonkers is one of four municipalities to be recognized and the only big city in New York State to be recognized with such an achievement this year.
Mayor Spano added, "As the only big city in New York to be recognized for our budget presentation, Yonkers is honored to receive it. Throughout my term, the Finance department has made a commitment to providing an elevated level of transparency when it comes to the city's finances, starting with making our budget accessible and easy to understand."
More on Nyenta.com
- CEO of Dreamer HQ Inc., Daniel Mangena Joins Abundance Studio™ As A Producer
- Qunnect awarded $1.85M from US Department of Energy to support Quantum Repeater Commercialization
- Volatus Group Beyond Visual Line of Site waiver approved for Censys Sentaero UAS Operations and Training at the Pendleton UAS Range
- New York Blues Hall of Famer Greg Dayton Crowdfunds New Album Release via Indiegogo Campaign
- Dr. Kate Balestrieri, Licensed Psychologist, Certified Sex Therapist and Founder of Modern Intimacy Shares the Benefits of Self-Pleasure In Honor of National Masturbation Month
The GFOA is an independent organization which represents public finance officials throughout the United States and Canada.
The Department of the Office for the Aging (OFA) has received the Jawonio Award for its ongoing commitment to providing equal opportunities for individuals with disabilities. Jawonio is a not-for-profit organization which provides services for those with developmental disabilities, behavioral health challenges, and chronic medical conditions.
Mayor Spano concluded, "The City of Yonkers prides itself on its years of commitment to providing those with disabilities equal opportunities. The award we received from Jawonio, an independent not-for-profit, solidifies Yonkers as a leader in our approach to working with individuals with disabilities."
Latest on Nyenta.com
- New Rochelle: Weekend Closure of Southbound Hutchinson River Parkway Expected Between Exit 8 and Exit 6
- ZEE5 Global brings to audiences the RRRoar of S.S. Rajamouli's Super hit Blockbuster 'RRR' grossing over $150 Million worldwide, in the Original Language, Telugu USA - English USA - English
- KBRA Assigns Preliminary Ratings to GCAT 2022-NQM3 Trust
- Cryptocurrency Wealth Building Series Responds to Investment Knowledge Inequality
- Prop Swords - Shop Cool Anime & Movie Replica Swords Online
- The SmartMetric Biometric Credit Card Provides 100% Validation of the Card User Before the Card is Used
- Welcome AWATFIT The Fitness Truck to Fort Lauderdale
- Outdoor Clothing Market to Reach US$ 13.9 Bn by 2021; TMR Study
- New Rochelle: ARRESTS MADE – STOLEN AUTO AND LARCENIES FROM VEHICLES
- Wolters Kluwer's Sandeep Sacheti Named FinTech Executive Leader of the Year
- Cornerstone and Swiftlane Announce Strategic Technology Initiative to Create Safer Rental Communities in Denver
- NYC REIT Sends Letter Urging Shareholders to Vote for Company's Incumbent Director Nominee as Annual Meeting Approaches
- TUPPERWARE ALERT: Bragar Eagel & Squire, P.C. is Investigating Tupperware Brands Corporation on Behalf of Tupperware Stockholders and Encourages Investors to Contact the Firm
- The Dog Gurus Collaborate with Blue-9 for Advancement of Dog Daycare Enrichment Programs
- Lindsay Goldberg Completes Sale of Pixelle Specialty Solutions
- Flower City Days Horticultural at the City of Rochester Public Market Continues on Sunday, May 22
- TOKYO SKYTREE Celebrates Its 10th anniversary! Let's Pay Homage to this Japanese Landmark and World's Tallest Freestanding Broadcast Tower
- Genpact Limited Board Declares Quarterly Cash Dividend
- Yonkers Police Department promotes, appoints five members during Police Week
- Yonkers Mayor Spano Launches Electric Powered Leaf Blower Incentive Program to Help Protect Public Health