- Rochester: Statement Regarding the Inauguration of President Biden and Vice President Harris
- Mayor Mike Spano, Yonkers Public Schools Launch Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Video Contest
- Fortune Writer and Author Jeff John Roberts Hosts 'Bevel, Books and Bourbon' to Discuss "Kings of Crypto: One Startup's Quest to Take Cryptocurrency Out of Silicon Valley and Onto Wall Street"
"I am proud to appoint Ms. Greenwald to the Board of Education as her extensive work in academia, in and outside the classroom, make her an ideal Board Trustee," said Mayor Spano. "Working together, we can further address the needs and concerns of the District and support our schools' goals for our students."
Greenwald joins the Yonkers Board of Education after recently serving as a teaching coach and facilitator for Bank Street College of Education where she coached Pre-Kindergarten classroom teaching teams. Her duties included facilitating workshops for school principals and supporting staff. Previously, Greenwald taught for nearly 30 years in the New York City Public Schools, specializing in early childhood education. Greenwald also worked as Director of the Family College Program at Mercy College in which she oversaw the Pre-K program for children of full-time college students. Greenwald holds a Masters of Science in Education and Bachelor of Arts from Lehman College. A former Yonkers Public Schools parent, Greenwald resides in Yonkers with her husband New York State Supreme Court Judge Hal Greenwald.
More on Nyenta.com
- Beyond Social Responsibility: Black-led Venture Funds Generate Outsized Returns, Help Close Racial Wealth Gap
- Brazil's ANVISA Grants Novel Food Approval for NEM® brand eggshell membrane
- CreditSnap, a next generation FinTech startup, announces strategic seed investment from multi-lender finance platform Tresl, its earliest adopter
- Group of Nation's Most Renowned Black Clergy Led by Rev. Sharpton and Rev. Butts Launch Nationwide Testing Campaign to Fight COVID-19 in the Black Community
- Kimco Realty Declares Dividends on Class L and Class M Preferred Stock
"It's an honor to be appointed to serve on the Board. I appreciate and thank Mayor Spano for his confidence in my ability to serve in a way that may be helpful," said Sheila Greenwald. "I look forward to working together, with Board President Lopez and other fellow Trustees, with Superintendent Dr. Quezada and with all involved in the education of our children, in a way that advocates for them and for their schools."
Rev. Steve Lopez, President, Yonkers Board of Education added, "Trustee Greenwald's extensive experience in early childhood education adds to the rich array of knowledge and experience of the school district's Trustees. As a long-term Yonkers resident, Trustee Greenwald understands our diverse community."
Dr. Edwin M. Quezada, Superintendent of Schools noted, "We welcome Trustee Greenwald and look forward to working collaboratively with her. In particular, during these challenging times, the Trustees policy decisions are complex and immediate. Mrs. Greenwald's educational experience will be valuable."
Greenwald will fulfill the remainder of former Board Vice President Judith Ramos Meier's five-year term, which runs through May 2023.
Latest on Nyenta.com
- Black Diamond PR & Sport Management Firm Announces Representation of Olympic Fencer, Yeisser Ramirez
- LiveAuctioneers Annual Report Cites Positive Environmental Impact of Recirculated Antiques, Collecting Trends, and Record Growth in 2020
- Indian astrologer launches market prediction book for year 2021
- Aesthetic Mentor Hosts Free Webinar "Becoming an Aesthetic Nurse in 2021"
- KBRA Releases Research – Coronavirus (COVID-19): State Revenue Losses Less Than Feared
- AdvisorSmith Finds the States with the Highest Student Debt
- Process Technology announces advanced heating for IPA and flammable solvents with two new heaters
- Syxsense Announces the Release of Syxsense Cortex, A Next-Generation, Visual IT and Security Management Process Automation Solution
- Top 5 Things Companies Can Do Today To Set Themselves Up For Success in 2021
- Regeneron Reports Positive Interim Data with REGEN-COV™ Antibody Cocktail used as Passive Vaccine to Prevent COVID-19
- IFF Announces Preliminary Fourth Quarter & Full Year 2020 Financial Results
- Pomerantz Law Firm Announces the Filing of a Class Action against GoodRx Holdings, Inc. and Certain Officers - GDRX
- Breeze Brewin - Hindsight (Album)
- Kaplan Fox Has Filed a Class Action to Recover Losses for Investors Who Purchased Boston Scientific Corporation Securities
- EOS ENERGY ALERT: Bragar Eagel & Squire, P.C. Is Investigating Eos Energy Enterprises on Behalf of Eos Stockholders and Encourages Investors to Contact the Firm
- Gembah Sees Exponential Growth Year-Over-Year as eCommerce Industry Thrives
- Oscar Announces Two Strategic Senior Hires
- New Rochelle: Applications Now Available for First Annual Little Hoopers Basketball Clinic
- Cortical.io's New Release of Contract Intelligence Software Uses AI to Improve Extraction & Search
- Mastercard to Participate in Upcoming Investor Conference