- New Rochelle: City Holds Ribbon Cutting for New Department of Public Works Center
- New Rochelle Police Department Holds Annual Memorial and Awards Ceremony
- Rochester: International Plaza Welcomes New Vendors
"As we continue to provide our students with the best education possible, I am proud to appoint Rose to the Board of Education as she brings unique perspectives as a dedicated public health professional. Rose joins the Board during a critical time for our schools as so many Districts across the country face challenges due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Her in-depth knowledge and expertise in public health will be a guiding hand in steering our Board during these uncertain times. I am confident her experiences will be a valuable asset to our students," said Mayor Spano.
Working in healthcare for over 30 years, Linton currently serves as a Senior Data Scientist for Krasnoff Quality Management Institute at Northwell Health. There, Linton is the lead statistician for Infection Prevention and manages hospital acquired infection and antibiotic surveillance data for 17 Northwell facilities entered into the CDC's National Healthcare Safety Network, which is the nation's most widely used healthcare-associated infection tracking system. Previously, Linton was a Research Analyst for the Westchester County Department of Health, where she analyzed weights of children in Yonkers Public Schools (YPS) and other schools in the County. This analysis brought attention to the severity of the obesity crisis, previously unknown, among children in the County, which was determined to be approximately 33%. Linton holds a Master of Public Health from Columbia University and a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration from Fordham University.
More on Nyenta.com
- Jean Cocteau comes to Brooklyn: avant-garde classic The Blood Of A Poet screens June 6 with new original score performed live by Brian Bonz
- Upcoming Family Office Executive Education Program at the University of Denver
- Lineups Set for Final X New York/Beat the Streets on June 8 at Hulu Theater at Madison Square Garden
- New Rochelle: Click it or Ticket Campaign May 23-June 5
- Lazard Global Total Return and Income Fund Declares Monthly Distribution and Issues Estimated Sources of the Distribution Announced in March
"It is with great honor that I accept the appointment of Mayor Mike Spano as a Yonkers Board of Education Trustee for the Yonkers School District. Alongside a distinguished and highly accomplished panel of trustees, with humility, I look forward to serving this great city of Yonkers and the children of this city in such an unprecedented time as this," noted Rosemarie Linton.
Board of Education President Rev. Steve Lopez said, "The Trustees and I enthusiastically welcome Ms. Linton; she has a legacy of active commitment to the City of Yonkers. Now more than ever, her public health knowledge and perspective will be extremely valuable for our policy decisions moving forward."
"Trustee Linton brings additional insight and firsthand expertise to the complex public policy decisions facing our distinguished Board members," noted Dr. Edwin M. Quezada, Superintendent of Schools. "Her experience and research in public health, in particular issues related to children, will be beneficial in our work moving forward. My Administrative Team and I look forward to working with Trustee Linton to improve the academic and social emotional growth of our students."
More on Nyenta.com
- CEO of Dreamer HQ Inc., Daniel Mangena Joins Abundance Studio™ As A Producer
- Qunnect awarded $1.85M from US Department of Energy to support Quantum Repeater Commercialization
- Volatus Group Beyond Visual Line of Site waiver approved for Censys Sentaero UAS Operations and Training at the Pendleton UAS Range
- New York Blues Hall of Famer Greg Dayton Crowdfunds New Album Release via Indiegogo Campaign
- Dr. Kate Balestrieri, Licensed Psychologist, Certified Sex Therapist and Founder of Modern Intimacy Shares the Benefits of Self-Pleasure In Honor of National Masturbation Month
Linton will serve the remainder of Lakisha Collins-Bellamy's term, which runs through 2025.
Latest on Nyenta.com
- New Rochelle: Weekend Closure of Southbound Hutchinson River Parkway Expected Between Exit 8 and Exit 6
- ZEE5 Global brings to audiences the RRRoar of S.S. Rajamouli's Super hit Blockbuster 'RRR' grossing over $150 Million worldwide, in the Original Language, Telugu USA - English USA - English
- KBRA Assigns Preliminary Ratings to GCAT 2022-NQM3 Trust
- Cryptocurrency Wealth Building Series Responds to Investment Knowledge Inequality
- Prop Swords - Shop Cool Anime & Movie Replica Swords Online
- The SmartMetric Biometric Credit Card Provides 100% Validation of the Card User Before the Card is Used
- Welcome AWATFIT The Fitness Truck to Fort Lauderdale
- Outdoor Clothing Market to Reach US$ 13.9 Bn by 2021; TMR Study
- New Rochelle: ARRESTS MADE – STOLEN AUTO AND LARCENIES FROM VEHICLES
- Wolters Kluwer's Sandeep Sacheti Named FinTech Executive Leader of the Year
- Cornerstone and Swiftlane Announce Strategic Technology Initiative to Create Safer Rental Communities in Denver
- NYC REIT Sends Letter Urging Shareholders to Vote for Company's Incumbent Director Nominee as Annual Meeting Approaches
- TUPPERWARE ALERT: Bragar Eagel & Squire, P.C. is Investigating Tupperware Brands Corporation on Behalf of Tupperware Stockholders and Encourages Investors to Contact the Firm
- The Dog Gurus Collaborate with Blue-9 for Advancement of Dog Daycare Enrichment Programs
- Lindsay Goldberg Completes Sale of Pixelle Specialty Solutions
- Flower City Days Horticultural at the City of Rochester Public Market Continues on Sunday, May 22
- TOKYO SKYTREE Celebrates Its 10th anniversary! Let's Pay Homage to this Japanese Landmark and World's Tallest Freestanding Broadcast Tower
- Genpact Limited Board Declares Quarterly Cash Dividend
- Yonkers Police Department promotes, appoints five members during Police Week
- Yonkers Mayor Spano Launches Electric Powered Leaf Blower Incentive Program to Help Protect Public Health